Login    Register

RS4 tested

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
RS4 tested

Postby The Swede » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Finally got my hands on the RS4 today.

Not feeling as fast as a good scoob or Evo when accelerating. The speedo tents to disagree with that though.

Sound is really good, although a rallyfan will like the scoob's and Evo's sound as much.

Comfort... Hmmm :? It's not really so much more comfortable than the Japanese cars for suspension, but it's equally balanced.
Great spec' though ! Lots of interesting features that make the car also useable in longer trips.

Handling. Little too understeered when accelerating out of a corner. But on small roads, it is very light and sure-footed and you quickly find yourself slingshotting from one corner to the other. Good fun, maybe a bit too easy to drive to my taste.

Brakes: AMAZING ! Compared to most cars, this just makes the RS4 stand out. Had the opportunity of flying around nice B-roads for about an hour and always found myself braking too early (probably good to spare the nerves of the salesman). The ease with which the brakes slow the car down, probably are one of the reasons it doesn't feel that fast.
On the other hand, I can easily see myself pushing the limits with this.

Got to have a think about it, but it looks like this might be a good compromise between me wanted a fun car for the weekend and my wife wanting a fairly 'normal' car for the week.

Waitlist is a bit of an issue.

And I'll miss the scoob...

TBC
The Swede

Postby danr55 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:31 am

interesting read mate.

Don't know whether to trust your judgement though, so I better have a go myself :rofl:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby The Swede » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 am

danr55 wrote:interesting read mate.

Don't know whether to trust your judgement though, so I better have a go myself :rofl:

True !

I don't know what it's like if you drive it like a girl. :2:
The Swede

Postby POESY » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Not really my cup of tea - maybe when i'm 43 not 33.

Brakes are the second most important part of any car in my book so its good theyre strong.

Abought time you bought a new car now anyway isnt it - been going on about this, that and the next thing for months now :wink:
POESY

Postby The Swede » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Been telling my wife she's getting an Audi A4 ... Image
The Swede

Return to Other Marques