Login    Register

P1 to Wr1

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
P1 to Wr1

Postby dougie549 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Hi Guys

Just thinking of changing the P1 and was wanting your thoughts on the above!

What is performance like compaired to the P1? ours is sitting about 300 and 300

I have heard that the P1s suspention is also alot stiffer compaired to the Wr1?

I noticed that the seats also sit higher than what the classics are esspecially the passenger seat,going to ask the dealer if there is a diffrent base runner that can be used as i feel you sit to high.

Cheers Dougie :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
dougie549

Postby Paul N » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:13 am

Hi Dougie,

Fancy seeing you here :D

Just moved fron P1 to WR1 a week ago and to be honest not had much chance to drive the car, but here goes.
Your right about the driving position and would like to be lower in the car as well, mind prob wouldn't be able to see over the scoop LOL

Our P1 was standard engine wise and to be honest don't feel a lot of difference, sometimes I think the P1 is faster sometimes the WR1.
Had a bit of a play on the Isle of Man last year with our P1 and a WR1 and from 0 to speeds only permitted on the island there was nothing in it, remember the WR1 has more power, but is heavier and needs an extra gearchange at times :)
Six speed box, very unsure at the moment, easy to use but currently prefer the 5 speeder, time will tell.
Suspension, WR1 does feel more composed on a bumpy B road, but still a firm ride.
WR1 better build quality. and finishing inside, would imagine easier to live with.
But in my opinion the P1 is the better raw drivers / fun car.

Having said the above I like the WR1 it's a superb motor :D
don't regret the change and only done about 80 miles in it, have about 1000 over the next couple of weeks so will be able to give a better report :)

Good luck with your decision & and this is only my opinion :D

Cheers
Paul
Paul N

Postby Paul N » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:20 am

Paul N

Postby dougie549 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:42 pm

HI Paul

Yeah i saw that you had bought the Wr1 and appreciate the coments.

We just think it's time to get a younger car now. I had the 4 point lower strut brace fitted and a 3 point rear strut brace fitted to the P1 and felt it really tightend it down, noticed recently how stiff the ride is now :roll: :P

Need to see the dealer about the seat hight as i feel it might be an issue to us, feels like a kids booster seat on the passenger side.

Do you feel the boot is bigger as well?

Keep me informed on what you feel with the switch please :P 8)

And you never know we might meet at a regional WR1 meet :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
dougie549

Postby Paul N » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:18 am

Hi Dougie,

Will keep you posted, going to be at the P1 rolling road day this weekend so a will be a good run out :)
Had Recaro's in the P1 for the last year, funny thing is on Sunday I noticed that every time I floored the WR1 Debbie shot back into the seat :D never noticed this on either the standard or Recaro's in the P1, Deb reconed that the seat wasn't as supportive, she's going to have a play with the adustment at the weekend, don't think it's an issue and sure we'll get used to it but did prefer the driving position / seats in the P1

Must admit not loaded it with much but the boot seems bigger, mind you loose a touch on the right hand side due to the intercooler water tank and ours has the Subaru 6 stack in it for the CD changer which slightly limits loading space.

Reason for change, P1 aproaching the end of warranty and 69k on the clock, no known problems but thought wise to change, got a good deal 12K miles and warranty when extended till 2010 so hopefully no major bills :D

Will let you know how the weekend goes :D & would be great to see you both again :D :D

Cheers
Paul
Paul N

Postby POESY » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:03 pm

This probably has no significance on your choice but my experiences of the 2 cars are :

Looked at a P1 when I bought my Evo 6 (had a UK Turbo Scoob at the time) - Evo performed better so bought it instead.

Drove gansta's WR1 while I still owned my Evo 6 and the WR1 performed better so I sold the Evo and went looking for a new car.

So, in summary,

WR1 > Evo 6 > P1 > UK Turbo - I currently own none of the cars mentioned so probably dont have a clue what i'm talking about but thats my 10 pence worth anyway :D
POESY

Postby dougie549 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Paul

Yeah i would loved to have got a set of those seats for the P1, tell me some one who didnt :o)

I think i will see if there is an upgrade with the dealer on seats or runners ect, doubt it though ;o), yeah all sti8s have the water bottel in the boot for the intercooler spray, and as for the cd i think i would fit the Alpine 1 that we already have.

You can pass on our regards to Debbie and say Diana was asking for her as well ;o) sure would be good to meet up again, and it was a fair drive down.

Hi Posey

Cool M8. we had a Catalunya before the P1 and there is deffo a big diffrence between those 2, my wife always said if we got a Evo it had to be the 6 as it has more of a stance than the rest, but i never did fancy the handling on the evo, it was too unsettling on hard braking into corners.But heay that only my thought's

Cheers Dougie
dougie549

Postby Paul N » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:17 pm

Thanks Dougie,

Regerds to you and Diana from both us us, would be great to meet up again, away this weekend with the usual P1 crew :D:D

Keep us posted on the seat situation :wink:

Cheers
Paul
Paul N

Return to Other Marques