Login    Register

Fao POESY: Mitsu UK/dealers?

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Fao POESY: Mitsu UK/dealers?

Postby The Swede » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:25 am

Poesy, you might be able to answer this.

What is Mitsubishi UK like to it's customers ?

Subaru sure isn't really the most customer friendly company, starting with poor/unexisting communication.

After sales of the dealer I went to wasn't great either. Taking AGES to sort out problems.

I've read a few negative comments on this forum too on Subaru.

I know you haven't been pleased with the 'group feeling' of the owner's clubs (e.g. lancer register), but maybe you can enlighten us on how Mitsubishi itself treats you ?
The Swede

Postby POESY » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:19 am

My mitsubishi dealer has been first class to date - Ware Garages.

I've purchased 2 evos - a 2001 6 GSR and now the 2005 8 - from them, both UK spec, both fully warrantied and both given the best treatment when visiting the dealer.

The 6 had 2 warranty claims in 28k miles of driving - clutch + lash adjusters - both fixed within a week, no quibble and FOC. Otherwise it was just routine servicing and the car always came back feeling much better, and looking much cleaner :wink:
The 8 has also had 2 warranty claims to date - driveshaft + ecu fault - again both fixed within a week FOC.

Only real downside ive come across is that parts for evos seem to take a while to come through in some cases and you have to book a service well in advance - but that is sometimes a good thing.
POESY

Postby The Swede » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:49 am

Thanks !

I'm just wondering what the hell the issue is with the clutch of the Evo's ?

I've not often heard anyone needing a clutch change before 30000 miles on a scoob.

Do the clutches of the Evo's really wear out that easily in normal traffic ? Or is it the driving style ? (I push the car hard, but try to avoid standing starts, which are very bad)

What's the approx cost of a clutch change ?
The Swede

Postby POESY » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:15 pm

Personnally I believe that the problem stems from the fact that the turbo on an evo spools up later than a scooby so consequently higher rev launches are required to make progress off the line. Problem is the standard clutch on an evo just wont take hard launches or more than standard power.

However, once uprated - I had a helix one fitted to my 6 (the standard one lasted 1 day, yes really one day), and the 8 has an alcon one then the problems seem to disappear. A friend, Huss, has an HKS one fitted to his 6 TME - the car runs around 450-500bhp and it has lasted 17,000 miles of hard driving.

Ive no idea of costs as the helix one was fitted under warranty because of how quickly it happened and the alcon one is as fitted to the 400. I know a clutch change on an evo is not a long job labour wise so i guess its what standard of clutch you go for that ultimately determines the cost.
POESY

Postby The Swede » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:22 pm

You're a star ! :thumb:
The Swede

Return to Other Marques