Login    Register

Focus RS500

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Focus RS500

Postby Bonovox » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 pm

A mate of mine is lucky enough to own one of these for about 5 weeks.
He had to get it shipped to him on a trailer from the other side of the country. When he got it he noticed some scratches on all 4 wheels and at least 4 or 5 blemishes/stains on the wrap.
He immediately notified the dealer before he drove it and was requested to take it to the local Ford garage which he did for photos etc.
The dealer he bought the car from has emailed him stating Ford would repair the wrap as a good will gesture :? But would not have anything to do with his wheels.
Now he has received a call from Ford dismissing the wheels AND the wrap! Surely you would have thought it would be in Fords best Interest to fix the problems under warranty instead of trying to pass the buck?
He's so sick of it he is seriously considering handing the car back but the problem is where would he stand? Surely he should be able to get his money back if what he was supplied was not 100% perfect? :evil:
Any ideas o wise ones? :lol:
Bonovox

Postby Gee Wr1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Aye.....Dinna by a Ford :P
Gee Wr1

Postby POESY » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:12 pm

He could try rejecting it as not being fit for purpose. I used that one on mitsubishi when my evos gearbox blew to smitherens after just 4k miles. They soon had it fixed after trying to dragg their feet.

A friend of our has just traded their RS for the 500 and what a complete waste of money. Think they regret it now tbh. Feels no faster to me if i'm being honest and that wrap just never cleans up nice. Shouldve kept the green monsta, I liked that.
POESY

Postby danr55 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:42 pm

POESY wrote:He could try rejecting it as not being fit for purpose. I used that one on mitsubishi when my evos gearbox blew to smitherens after just 4k miles. They soon had it fixed after trying to dragg their feet.

A friend of our has just traded their RS for the 500 and what a complete waste of money. Think they regret it now tbh. Feels no faster to me if i'm being honest and that wrap just never cleans up nice. Shouldve kept the green monsta, I liked that.

Agreed, take the not fit for purpose route.

I have a green monsta now. remapped to 345 bhp and 400lbft I bet it's just as quick if not quicker than the RS500! And that cost all of £450 and is switchable! 8)
danr55
Site Owner

Postby John Mc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Just bear in mind that "fit for purpose" is not a legally defined/accepted term. We have people claiming this in the construction industry all the time!! There is a lot of case study on this but no judge has ever ruled on it.

You can try to prove that something was mechanically warranted to last for "xxxx" miles and it didn't (and that you maintained it as manufacturer's recommedations) but you have to be very careful how you present the facts! :lol:
John Mc

Postby POESY » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 am

danr55 wrote:
I have a green monsta now. remapped to 345 bhp and 400lbft I bet it's just as quick if not quicker than the RS500! And that cost all of £450 and is switchable! 8)

The stock RS is a much nicer car if you ask me, a couple of our friends have them now.

He had some factory approved engine upgrade and AP brakes on his. Went spot on. Then changed to a 500??!! Cant really criticise too much as I did that when I bought my 400 :oops:
POESY

Postby bbigman2000 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Why did he accept the car in that condition ?

I've had issues like this with BMW and never ever had a problem getting things sorted, I just had them fit two new windows to the M6.
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby John Mc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 am

bbigman2000 wrote:Why did he accept the car in that condition ?

I've had issues like this with BMW and never ever had a problem getting things sorted, I just had them fit two new windows to the M6.

Funny that.... when a man mountain walks through the showroom door and they think "it is a bit early for a sloar eclipse".... and you tell them you have a problem, I don't think anyone is going to argue... :lol: :lol:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 am

You could be on to something there John, maybe Bigman will rent himself out to us when we have a problem to intimidate them into fixing things for us :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:51 am

Megaman wrote:You could be on to something there John, maybe Bigman will rent himself out to us when we have a problem to intimidate them into fixing things for us :)

I'm not sure Glen will take kindly to being "rented" :lol: (His words Glen, not mine!!) :lol:
John Mc

Postby Bonovox » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Update

Ford are getting the wrap redone for him and after a threat of legal action the dealer is sorting out new wheels so it all worked out for him.
Pity it took so long but he got there in the end.
Bonovox

Return to Other Marques