Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Nissan GTR vs Focus RS

Postby Megaman » Sat May 16, 2009 7:46 am

Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Sat May 16, 2009 7:55 am

Looks like the roads we were on a couple of weekends back?!?

I wonder how much has to do with driver ability when he refers to confidence?
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Sat May 16, 2009 9:31 am

Ive not tried a Nissan GTR and hope i never do as i will end up remortgaging the house to buy one :lol:... but with other powerful cars that I have driven over 400bhp, the power always comes in a big lump once it comes in due to a bit of lag. That is no good for a bumpy road with lots of twistys. On a straight road or track the big power cars are amazing but on country roads you really need something designed for them.

When i did a richmond run with the Focus ST guys, the ST's couldnt put the power down anywhere near as well as the scooby even on a dry day. But then again their suspension is very soft to make it a good all rounder for their target audience. The Audi RS4 couldnt keep up with me in the WR1 either even though that has oodles more power. It had the same problem of rolling a lot and being a heavy car.

To be honest im not sure what the best country road car would be. If you go kit car they are skittery and on the edge - wont be much good with lots of bumpy and dodgy camber roads.... too much power and ya spend most time waiting for it to be delivered... i think something like a highly tuned hot hatch up to maybe 300bhpish would be the best trade off... personally i think a modified megane sport r26 thingy might be one of the best choices for country roads although the scoob is nicely balanced too...

What do others think the best country road car would be for B roads? :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby bbigman2000 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:15 am

megaman, I dont like the focus but I'd have it any day over that stupid datsun, cannot see what sort of market that appeals to really, I'm gonna take a shot in the new focus, if its upto scratch, I'll see about getting one for the missus.
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sat May 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Good video.

Lol at "stupid Datsun" Bigman :lol: Well it appeals to me i'd have one no questions asked if only i had the money for one. You know a GTR would kick a M5's ass anytime anywhere :lol:

I acctually really like the look of the Focus to, the front end is just so mean looking 8)

As for the question from Mega on what is the best car for these kinda roads i'd say a standard WR1 is as good as any. All the roads i drive up here are very similar to the road they used in the vid & nothing can touch me on them in the WR1. In standard form i think the 1 has the perfect trade of between power & handling for driving these type of roads, you can use all the power without it being a handfull you can balance it well through the corners then rocket out the other side :D
Gee Wr1

Postby The Swede » Sat May 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Gee Wr1 wrote:Good video.

Lol at "stupid Datsun" Bigman :lol: Well it appeals to me i'd have one no questions asked if only i had the money for one. You know a GTR would kick a M5's ass anytime anywhere :lol:

I acctually really like the look of the Focus to, the front end is just so mean looking 8)

For once I must agree with you.

Except that, on anything but a straight piece of road, you can kick an M5's ass in a 307 diesel :lol:
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Sat May 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Swede, I love your unbiased honesty... makes me giggle!! :lol:
John Mc

Postby The Swede » Sat May 16, 2009 9:43 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Swede, I love your unbiased honesty... makes me giggle!! :lol:

I'm not biased. Drove the M5 now few times and I honnestly tell you what it's like.
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Sun May 17, 2009 6:53 am

The Swede wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Swede, I love your unbiased honesty... makes me giggle!! :lol:

I'm not biased. Drove the M5 now few times and I honnestly tell you what it's like.

I meant about the 307 diesel :lol: :lol:
John Mc

Postby hightower » Sun May 17, 2009 9:38 pm

i went to see about a focus rs on friday. 2k deposit required, 26.5k (with the 1st option pack and green paint) and delivery around november/december i like the look of it the green one looks mad but 8).

i like the st focus of all the hot hatches that have seating for 4 adults it was the best for me. but i bought the wr1 instead as it blew me away on the test drive.
Only thing i cant get my head around is paying 26k+ for a car that i have never driven..
the dealer in stirling says they should be getting a demo car in july so if it is as good as the car magazines say it is i might get it.
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby The Swede » Sun May 17, 2009 10:55 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:
The Swede wrote:

I meant about the 307 diesel :lol: :lol:

The 307 really handles very well. Car you can fly around small country roads reading your newspaper.

@ Hightower: Waiting until November / December for a Ford Focus? :shock: RS or not, I refuse to wait even for an Aston Martin or a Lambo that long. Fook ! There are that many cars around and life is so short, why the fcuk waste it waiting for a car ? :?
The Swede

Postby bbigman2000 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Swede, from the very essence of your posting, I can tell that even if you did find somone who let you take there M5 for a spin, you clearly have not had it in the correct power and traction settings etc, otherwise you would be of a very different conclusion.
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby The Swede » Mon May 18, 2009 10:40 pm

bbigman2000 wrote:Swede, from the very essence of your posting, I can tell that even if you did find somone who let you take there M5 for a spin, you clearly have not had it in the correct power and traction settings etc, otherwise you would be of a very different conclusion.

Unfortunately for you, I did have few drives with the car and I am not as clueless about cars as some let you believe.

I wouldn't ever bother with anything but the max power settings on a car (what's the bloody use to have a '400 bhp' setting except for gadgetry ?).
I've tried that car in every setting you virtually had and couldn't find any where the gearbox woul work properly. The bloke who developed it must be called Parkinson.
The Swede

Postby wr1.305 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 am

really like the look of the new focus rs.... to the point that i think in 6 - 12 months time i might look into trading the wr1 in for one.
wr1.305

Postby Megaman » Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 am

wr1.305 wrote:really like the look of the new focus rs.... to the point that i think in 6 - 12 months time i might look into trading the wr1 in for one.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby hightower » Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 am

i liked the fact thought that they said it was only a limited run...... i asked how many.......oh they have not decided yet :roll: depends on how many sell.
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby Megaman » Tue May 19, 2009 11:18 am

hightower wrote:i liked the fact thought that they said it was only a limited run...... i asked how many.......oh they have not decided yet :roll: depends on how many sell.

They did the same with the focus ST... they said that would be limited run but then just kept churning them out. The best thing was the electric orange paint which was strictly limited edition to 500 vehicles. You paid a £750 premium for that colour or 300ish for the other metalic colours... everyone has a laugh about that because the orange is the thinnest of all the paints and is easily chipped etc. It has been stuck on well over 500 cars too :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby hightower » Tue May 19, 2009 11:49 am

i dont think that it will hold value like the last RS, i looked at a couple of them and one dealer wanted 20100 for one that had 5k miles and was 9 months old (the same price it was when it was new) i bought a EP3 civic type r instead.
the dealer did sell it though about a week later!!!!
i just cant see that heppening in 2 years they will be about 15k as they will keep the antisipation up for a while then just flood the market with them.
arnie shark will pre-reg them and sell them for 21k in a years time.
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby hightower » Mon May 25, 2009 11:08 pm

well had a look at my first RS it was parked near my old mans house, it was in blue and looked pretty good but not as good as i thought it would maybe better in another colour
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Return to Other Marques