Login    Register

petters podium finish

Discuss other makes of cars here

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

  • Author
    Message

petters podium finish

Postby zedder » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:16 pm

I think cogratulations are in order for petter solbergs 3rd place in rally cypress :woohoo: especially as he is now a privateer in a 3 year old citroen, a true world champ!!
User avatar
zedder
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:25 pm

True. It does show how sh1te the Impreza was however if he never did better than 5th with the scoob but does 3rd with an old Sh1troen :lol:
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Great news for PetterSolbergWRT 8)

Hollywood's smile has returned no doubt :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
User avatar
WR 1mposter
 
Posts: 14095
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:04 am
Location: Sunny Falmouth

Postby Ferret WR1 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:43 pm

The Swede wrote:True. It does show how sh1te the Impreza was however if he never did better than 5th with the scoob but does 3rd with an old Sh1troen :lol:


Which Impreza is being referred to here?
User avatar
Ferret WR1
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: North West

Postby The Swede » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:11 am

Ferret WR1 wrote:
The Swede wrote:True. It does show how sh1te the Impreza was however if he never did better than 5th with the scoob but does 3rd with an old Sh1troen :lol:


Which Impreza is being referred to here?


No wins in 4 years, so which Impreza do you want me to refer to ? :lol:
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby WR1 Bro » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 am

The Swede wrote:
Ferret WR1 wrote:
The Swede wrote:True. It does show how sh1te the Impreza was however if he never did better than 5th with the scoob but does 3rd with an old Sh1troen :lol:


Which Impreza is being referred to here?


No wins in 4 years, so which Impreza do you want me to refer to ? :lol:


Swede, there is no need for this attitude. Ferret may well know little about WRC and may be looking to learn something. With an attitude like yours all you are doing is supressing the lines of communiation which are fundamental to a forum.

I know nothing about the WRC and if I had a question I would expect a respectful answer.
User avatar
WR1 Bro
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20279
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:54 am
Location: If skinny, ugly and Scouse was best, then JohnMc would be a porn star legend.

Postby Ferret WR1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 am

Ok so you mean post 2003, as I'm aware he won that year in the Impreza hence the WR1 was born but don't know nothing after that. Has he been in the same Impreza since 2003? Or did they change to the new shape at some point hence why his performance has gone down?
User avatar
Ferret WR1
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: North West

Postby POESY » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 am

TBH its a great result.

IMO solberg is the one driver that could give loeb a go, the rest just aint in his league, hence the reason why he notched up win number 50!! at the weekend.

Solberg in a C4 or a Focus is what the WRC really needs :D
User avatar
POESY
 
Posts: 2986
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:02 am

Postby Foley » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:32 pm

I would like to see Solberg drive for ford and show ford true potential,
I perfer F1 anyway,
Focus ST's rule!!!
User avatar
Foley
Moderator
 
Posts: 1517
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Postby zedder » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:00 pm

I 4 one would love to see petter in the works c4 as i think hes the only driver that could get close to loeb !! pity loeb didnt drive for subaru in the last few years it might av evened up the competition and swrt might av won something!! :wink:
User avatar
zedder
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Postby The Swede » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 pm

WR1 Bro wrote:
The Swede wrote:
Ferret WR1 wrote:
The Swede wrote:True. It does show how sh1te the Impreza was however if he never did better than 5th with the scoob but does 3rd with an old Sh1troen :lol:


Which Impreza is being referred to here?


No wins in 4 years, so which Impreza do you want me to refer to ? :lol:


Swede, there is no need for this attitude. Ferret may well know little about WRC and may be looking to learn something. With an attitude like yours all you are doing is supressing the lines of communiation which are fundamental to a forum.

I know nothing about the WRC and if I had a question I would expect a respectful answer.


:toofunny:

Yes mister moderator.

:off:
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby The Swede » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 pm

zedder wrote:I 4 one would love to see petter in the works c4 as i think hes the only driver that could get close to loeb !! pity loeb didnt drive for subaru in the last few years it might av evened up the competition and swrt might av won something!! :wink:


I think that's very right.

When you indeed see how he does with this 3 year old car and what results he achieved with a brand new Impreza every time, it does show how much the Impreza struggled in rallying and what Petter might do with a new C4 or Focus. :?
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm

damn right....shows he has never stopped trying!!

What really gets me is that surely the other car makers can see that the WRC pretty much made Subaru (through the Lecagy and Imprezas) and the number of cars they sold to Joe public because of this..

Why can't Ford, Pug or Citroen produce any good fast road cars. Surely that's why they are in the sport in the first place...to market their cars.

If Subaru can still sell shed loads of Sti's when the car is a flop on the world stage...what would a 4 wheel drive, 300bhp C4 road car do for them??

Such a shame the new RS isn't 4wd! :cry:
CAVEMAN
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:34 pm
Location: Seinajoki, Finland

Postby The Swede » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 am

There is one interesting thing though: Have you seen what Gronholm is doing with the old Impreza run by a non-factory team??

:bow:
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby The Swede » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:16 am

Could well spell the end for Latvala's run at Ford :(


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc58k3iq ... re=related
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:37 pm

The Swede wrote:Could well spell the end for Latvala's run at Ford :(


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc58k3iq ... re=related


Fook me ! :shock: :shock: :shock:


So glad they survived
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
User avatar
WR 1mposter
 
Posts: 14095
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:04 am
Location: Sunny Falmouth

Postby zedder » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:01 am

That woz one hell of a crash :omg: that must have shaken Latvala,s confidence !! agree with u swede can see him losing his place in the team!!
and another top drive by hollywood but Loeb is in differant league :bow:
User avatar
zedder
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Postby POESY » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:52 am

:shock: now that's a crash !!
User avatar
POESY
 
Posts: 2986
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:02 am

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am

It will polish out... :shock:

What makes it even worse for him (apart from being his 24th birthday) is that he was leading the event and didn't need to push so hard. He even refused to take the split times as they were distracting for him!

That's the third time I can remember when he has stuffed it whilst in the lead.

He is just like a young Colin...its better to have too much speed and try to slow it down, than not have any speed at all.

1 day he will be the world champion alright. After Leob retires ofcourse.
CAVEMAN
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:34 pm
Location: Seinajoki, Finland

Postby The Swede » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 am

CAVEMAN wrote:It will polish out... :shock:

What makes it even worse for him (apart from being his 24th birthday) is that he was leading the event and didn't need to push so hard. He even refused to take the split times as they were distracting for him!

That's the third time I can remember when he has stuffed it whilst in the lead.

He is just like a young Colin...its better to have too much speed and try to slow it down, than not have any speed at all.

1 day he will be the world champion alright. After Leob retires ofcourse.



Latvala has one problem: arrogance.

Kankkunen, Gronholm, Vatanen and co were mad, but they were/are also 'humble' guys. "Drrriving faast is not verry difficult. You just thing after crrest is straight line and you OK"
Latvala already thinks he is World Champion :?

I wouldn't mind if Gronholm came back to Ford. Would sure give Loeb a run for his money.
Unfortunately, Jouhki will probably do everything possible to keep Petter and Marcus out.
I see Duval actually doing a return :?
Image
User avatar
The Swede
Moderator
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Return to Other Marques

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron