Login    Register

Credit card chip and pin

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Credit card chip and pin

Postby chris » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:50 pm

Am i the only person that thinks these are a missed blessing for card companies?

On one hand most of the key pads are placed so half the shop can see you put your pin in.

And on the other hand you have idiots like me who don't know their pins and can't use the cards!

I estimate i've saved about
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby jaycee » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:51 pm

From a retailers point of view they are great! :D
It minimises fraud and potential clawback.
jaycee

Postby chris » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:55 pm

And from the point of view of my bank balence it's great. I can't spend large somes of money without really thing about it. (Going to the bank and drawing out the cash!) :lol:
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:39 pm

well the stops suffered the worst xmas on record ... I seriously think that this chip and pin rubbish had a say in that. Someone who has multiple credit cards could be left with having to remember a number of different pins!!

Problem with Chip and Pin is there is no identity checks. I could take a womans card and use it in a shop (if I knew the pin) and nobody would be the wiser.

this country does make some crazy decisions sometimes. I know that in the states you have electronic signature pads and photos on credit cards.
Gangsta Smurf

Postby jaycee » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:54 pm

Mrs. J Smith might give it away though :wink: :lol:
jaycee

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:58 pm

LOL i love them, very amussing..

Wifie used hers the other day at a garden centre.

She typed in her pin and it rejected it, I say, stand down watch this, these can be hacked :)

The checkout lady watches in dissbelief as i pretend to type in random numbers and them press submit ....

LOL !!! of corse i knew the number but its so funny watching every one !! as they think im hacking the main system with code !!! LOL !!!

love it too bits.

I Hate the Old folk who mess about for days trying to find thier number written on a bit of paper in their back pocket :(
Brian

Return to General Discussion