Login    Register

MotorSport Sensation ...

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
MotorSport Sensation ...

Postby Cold Turkey » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:34 pm

Went on the Jonathon Palmer MotorSport Sensation @ Bedford Autodrome on Saturday ... highly recommended !!

drove a rally spec evo 6 on a wet mud course ... totally bizarre experience !! absolutely NO effort required to get the tail out :D

Also drove a lightened ClioCup 182 with close ratio quick shift sequential gearbox ... totally impressed the pants off me ... I completely under estimated what a little front wheel drive car could do

There was also a frontera on an offroad course, a vx220, go karts, a caterham 7 superlight (tailhappy fun fun fun :D ) and a couple of real racers ....

The Palmer Jaguar JP1 @ 250bhp weighing 500kg = 500bhp/ton :shock: fantastic ... like all the cars except the Palmer Audi, you had an instructor next to you but they weren't there to stop you crashing or slow you down ... it was all faster faster, no off the breaks, power through this corner, go go go

Best of all, a single seater Formula Palmer Audi with around 400bhp/ton ... without an instructor next to you it was just you, machine and track :twisted:

The Autodrome is a fantastic venue, the organisation was *extremely* slick, our host was really pretty 8) , and like I say best of all the instructors really pushed you to get the best out of you.

Anyone who runs their own company and wants to impress clients - this is the place to go! It ain't cheap and most of the guys there were city traders - the car park was full of porshces and ferraris. Alternatively if you are a client and someone wants to take YOU out on a corporate event - you can't go wrong with this one!
Cold Turkey

Postby jaycee » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:52 pm

Nice review! Sounds like a top time.
jaycee

Postby Brian » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:47 am

WOW, sounds like you had a great time mate !!
Brian

Return to General Discussion