Login    Register

Iraq Poll

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

Support or Not Support the war in Iraq

Not Support
20%
Support
80%

Total votes : 5
  • Author
Iraq Poll

Postby Sumo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:14 pm

After reading all the comments on scoobynet about the Iraq war, where do you stand ?

as far as I can see there is no middle ground people either do or dont.
Sumo

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:17 pm

Sumo and Jay - the political wing of wr1oc!! :lol: :lol:
This should be fun.....! :wink: :lol:

We're in it so we have to see it through. Saddam posed a threat, now he doesn't.
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:18 pm

True but should we still be there now he's gone?
chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:21 pm

Chris, we have to repair the damage done and install a puppet government who will obey the will of the west!
If we left now a bigger, more dangerous tyrant would fill the void left by Saddam.
jaycee

Postby Sumo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:25 pm

Please dont fall out fellas, I was a genuine question to try and see what people really think, without anyone getting slated by 'the other side'...........sumo.
Sumo

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:28 pm

No falling out going on here.
I think it's a good subject for discussion.
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:39 pm

Jaycee* wrote:Chris, we have to repair the damage done and install a puppet government who will obey the will of the west!
If we left now a bigger, more dangerous tyrant would fill the void left by Saddam.

But G W Bush has just got another job that's going to last him for four years, so surely no harm in leaving now? :wink:
chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:43 pm

Oooh, biting satire! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who should be next on the list?
Iran, North Korea, France??! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:46 pm

Well we must be due another war with France anytime soon? :lol:
chris

Postby Sumo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:54 pm

I have a couple of customers in france , so please dont start anything until I have been paid, thanks, sumo. :cry:
Sumo

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Sumo wrote:I have a couple of customers in france , so please dont start anything until I have been paid, thanks, sumo. :cry:

Ok, we'll invade once the cheques have cleared! :lol:
chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:04 pm

My view...... I can hear you all groaning already!

We went into this war based on mis-information. The big question should be "Did Blair know he was lying to (mis-informing) us?"
Anyway, we got into it because, as we were told, Saddam posed a major threat to our security and safety. Whether he did or he didn't I don't think we will ever know conclusively. So we're in. We only send a fraction of the forces the US send but we're there for support. The task is to remove Saddam from power and free Iraq. Obviously there will be casualities along the way on all sides, we have to accept it, it's what happens in a war.
Piece by piece Iraq is secured and the hunt is on for Saddam. We enconter pockets of resisitance who insist on bombing us, shooting us etc, they have to be dealt with. We pound the buildings they are hiding in, heavy artillery shells rain down, airstrikes are ordered. Innocent people are killed.
That's what happens in a war. If the "innocents" identified the resistance we could take them out much quicker and get back home.

With all of the bombing so much damage to the infrastructure of the country has been destroyed, we could walk away and say "fix it yourself" but it would take them years. People like Ken Bigley were paid huge sums to help get the country up and running again. The sooner it is fixed the sooner they'll all be home but til it is we have to keep fighting on to keep the re-building going on.

I believe in my country and think ultimately we are doing the right thing. It may not be a popular view but hey, freedom wasn't won by being popular.
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:06 pm

I see what your saying and agree with most of what you said.
chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:10 pm

That would suggest there is something you don't agree with?! :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:23 pm

Nothing major. I think it was known in high places that there were no WMD's in place at the time of the war.
chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:29 pm

None which have been found yet! :wink: :lol:

We're all too easy going over here! We seem to be horrified at falling out and having an argument!

Which is a good thing. The ambience over here is great. :lol: :lol:
Things seem to be handled differently which is so refreshing.
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:30 pm

Nice open adult discussions. :)
chris

Postby Chris B » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:46 pm

Wether the war in Iraq was justified or not ( I personly think it was) is not really the issue. The fact is our soldiers are over there. It is their job to do whatever they are called upon to do and we should support them. I speak as someone who knows something of what the army life is like, as my Dad was in the Royal Engineers for 22 years and saw service in the Middle East during the Aden thing in the sixties, among other things. His view was always that if you didn't want to shoot anyone or get shot at , don't join the Army. It must be very demoralising for the soldiers to keep hearing that people want them to come home when they are trying to do the best job they can.

Rosy B
Chris B

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:56 pm

You won't hear any argument from me Rosy!
I think on the information we were given at the time it was the right thing to do. We committed our troops and every single soul in this country should be right behind them supporting them 100%. Some of them won't be home at Christmas. :cry:
Another thing, if these brave lads and lasses didn't volunteer to sign up, we'd all be drafted like the good old days.
Think on.

I'm still reading the thread on Boobynet about the 3 soldiers killed yesterday and I can't believe the bo!!ocks some people are spouting. Makes my blood boil.
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:02 pm

That's Boobynet for you! :shock:
chris

Return to General Discussion