Login    Register

Let's talk politics.....

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Let's talk politics.....

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:26 pm

Why has everyone got a grump on about George W. Bush been re-elected?

He was obviously the best man for the job. John Kerry came across as being spineless and lacking any character or "get-up-and-go". The majority of Americans wanted Bush back in but the rest of the world seems to be crying about it.
He may have had dubious reasons for invading Iraq but he stuck by his convictions.
I have a lasting memory of him stood in the ruins of the twin towers and he made a speech saying how "the people who did this would hear America". To me this showed a man passionate about his country and would defend it at all costs.

Be proud America- you did the right thing.

Yasser Arafat
When I was a kid growing up in the late 70's and early 80's, whenever a bomb went off in the middle east, it was always Yasser Arafat who claimed responsibility. The Palestine Liberation Organisation was one of the worst terrorist groups going.
Now he is an old man, people seem to have forgotten the misery and suffering he caused. The sooner he leaves this world the better.

Tony Blair
I have never voted Labour- EVER.
A "True Blue" all the way through, Thatcher was THE best leader this country has ever had.
BUT- has anybody noticed a real difference between the Tories of the 90's and Labour from 97 onwards?
I haven't.
Until the Tory party sorts itself out and comes up with a credible leader and policies we can believe in then they'll stay in the wilderness.
Blair will stay in power at the next election and I will probably vote for him so long as we get a referendum on joining Europe.

Sorry for the outburst but I wanted to get it off my chest. I'm sick off all the tree hugging lefties and militia men fighting their own personal Jihad on Boobynet.

Flame retardent outfit snugly fitted awaiting abuse from all the Lefties! :lol: :lol: But bring it on, it's what makes a discussion interesting!!

edited to correct a spelling mistake.
Last edited by jaycee on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaycee

Postby D3ave » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:52 pm

Nothing to argue with there jaycee, I go along with all that

Try summat else :)

Dave
D3ave

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:10 pm

I wasn't looking for an argument as such, thought the majority would disagree with me. Maybe Boobynet is TOO leftwing and likeminded folks like you and me are made to feel in the minority when infact we're probably the majority!!
That and WR1oc is made up of "real people living in the real world"! :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:17 pm

real people living the real world sounds about right to me
Brian

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 pm

So long as the Summers get hotter, ill get busier.

What ever Government you have in, there isnt much diffrence at the end of the day.

WHo was that Tory chap who was allways in black and white on the Spitting Image proggramme ? He was the leader at one point as well ?
Brian

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:03 pm

That'd be John Major! The forgettable PM!
We need a powerful leader like Maggie to put the "Great" back into Britain again and at the moment the only person on the political stage who could do that is Blair but only because he's the best of a bad bunch.
Don't get me wrong- I don't like the bloke, I think he's a smarmy twat with a permanent grin etched on his face but there is NO credible alternative. God help us if Gordon Brown ever becomes PM, we'll be at the mercy of the unions and every other left-wing body trying to bring the country to it's knees.

I want somebody who'll protect my country and do what's right for the people living here. I don't want to be controlled by a bunch of power hungry fools in Brussels. I want to keep pounds and pence and buy curved bananas and pasties not made in Cornwall!
I want a military to be proud of, not an under equipped, over stretched force full of downtrodden squaddies who haven't got bullets to fire out of their unreliable rifles or vests to stop them taking a bullet from the enemy.
I want a manufacturing and engineering industry which would make the Japanese look lazy. I want Rolls Royce to be owned by a British company along with Jaguar and Aston Martin.
I want a health service which can look after the ill. I want a Police force which is able to tackle "real" crime not just easy targets like motorists or litter louts. I want murderers locked up til the day they die. I want child molesters castrated so they can never offend again, taking away a child's innocence forever and leaving them emotionally scarred.
I want my letters to get to the address I've sent them to and on time.

Maybe I want too much........
jaycee

Postby Sumo » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:30 pm

Vote jaycee as the next PM,

I agree with everything you said, but then again I am just about as far right as you can get. The only thing I have against Bush is that he is against stem-cell research and abortion, reasoning is that my dad has parkinsons and may benifit from the stem-cell stuff. On the abortion side I think women should be able to decide themselves, as the results of an unwanted pregnancy last a lifetime.

A bit deep and meaningful but thats it,
Sumo.
Sumo

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Sumo, I would guess that most of us on here are earning a good living, live in nice houses, give our kids everything they want etc so I would imagine we're all pretty close to the right! I find that the more the Lefties push us, the further to the right we go!
I avoided mentioning the immigration policy as I thought it might upset a few but my honest opinion is this - our borders need closing until we can look after our own sufficiently. Once that happens and our house is in order, let a FEW in, make sure they settle and contribute to society and then let a few more in.
Did anyone see the news last night abouth the 81 year old woman attacked in her own home???? F*cking disgraceful. :evil: The time should fit the crime. We lack law and order and discipline in the home. I have 3 kids under 7 and even now they know right from wrong. I'm not saying they are angels all the time but I'm pretty sure they won't grow up to be car thieves, muggers, drug dealers etc but if they do they'll feel my wrath.

I'm not up on stem cell research and what it entails so I don't feel able to comment on the right and wrongs but if it can aid the recovery of poorly people then every avenue should be explored.

On abortion it's simple-freedom of choice. Accidents do happen, forced sex pregnancies are another. If a woman doesn't feel able to go through with a pregnancy then they should have the right to choose.
I don't really have an opinion on abortion as such, makes no difference to me if people have them or not but I feel it should be available.

Thanks for the vote! :lol: You can be my Transport Minister!! :lol:
jaycee

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:07 pm

A typical Boobynet reaction....

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=376759

I think the reason we are in moral decline is because there are too many whingers and moaners around. Some of the comments on there are plain ridiculous. :roll: :roll:

I don't mean to get on my soapbox about all this and it's not as lighthearted as my usual posts but it really p!sses me off.
jaycee

Postby chris » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:45 pm

This is getting a bit heavy. :shock:

Whatever happened the 'brain teasers'?!
chris

Postby Sumo » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:56 pm

Are you saying I'm a bit like Prescot, did'nt he used to be transport minister, anyway sounds like promotion, but please dont force me to have two jags........... sumo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sumo

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:02 pm

chris's scooby wrote:This is getting a bit heavy. :shock:
Whatever happened the 'brain teasers'?!

It's a grown-up discussion Chris!
Feel free to join in at any time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sumo- you can have a pair of Aston's when it's back under British ownership! :lol:
jaycee

Postby Son Of Sumo » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:04 pm

you have strong views

At least George Bush's name doesnt ryme with scary :!: :!:
Son Of Sumo

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:09 pm

Son Of Sumo wrote:you have strong views

At least George Bush's name doesnt ryme with scary :!: :!:

:lol: :lol:

I've tried to give a balanced opinion.
I think I've said things most people on here will identify with.
Maybe it was too heavy for a car forum!! :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:44 pm

No, it's not too heavy, just the longest post on here! :wink:

I agree with most of what you said, although i'm not 100% sure Bush if the best bet, although shaved works for me... :shock: Sorry! Don't know enough about Bush and Kerry to have in informed opinion but as an overview i'd say that the USA was fairly divided between the two(48%/51%).

Bush nearly didn't get in 4 years ago and one wonders with a thorough recount of a certain state if it would all have been different... :?
chris

Postby Kamakarzi » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:13 pm

The following to be shouted with a Presidential Scoooby flag stickin` outta ya bum..............

Jay-ceeee ( raar-raar-raar )

Jay- ceeee etc, etc!

But very good points Jason
Kamakarzi

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:17 pm

The 2000 election may have been contentious but this time Bush got in with a majority vote of over 3 million. Obviously America decided Kerry wasn't a good bet.

On Boobynet there is a thread about the 3 UK soldiers killed and all the usual Knob ends are popping up saying Blair and Bush are warmongers and they hope thousands of US troops get killed just to teach Bush a lesson. :shock: WTF??? I sit here in amazement at the rubbish some people type.

Maybe I should've started this thread on there!! :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:26 pm

Kamakarzi wrote:The following to be shouted with a Presidential Scoooby flag stickin` outta ya bum..............

Jay- ceeee etc, etc!

But very good points Jason

PMSL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:33 pm

Jaycee* wrote:The 2000 election may have been contentious but this time Bush got in with a majority vote of over 3 million. Obviously America decided Kerry wasn't a good bet.

On Boobynet there is a thread about the 3 UK soldiers killed and all the usual Knob ends are popping up saying Blair and Bush are warmongers and they hope thousands of US troops get killed just to teach Bush a lesson. :shock: WTF??? I sit here in amazement at the rubbish some people type.

Maybe I should've started this thread on there!! :lol: :lol:

Go on, post the same thread!

Regarding the SN thread;

I have to agree in part, i'm almost agreeing with Lewis here(!) If you sign up for any of the armed forces you have to expect that there is a fair chance you'll be meeting your maker before the rest of us. Regardless of whether you believe in the war or not..

My thoughts are with the 3 families.
chris

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:43 pm

Mine too Chris. At least 3 families lives will never be the same again. I hope none of them were Subaru owners and be likely to see some of the crap written elsewhere.

Must admit, part of me was agreein with Lewis too. :shock: :shock:
jaycee

Postby Brian » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:47 am

Politics.. goodness me..

I get to see the news only once a week, and it tends to be the local one at that.

Up at 5.30 in the morning into the office to sort out the engineers for the day.

Long day in the office, travelling about looking at Jobs, etc.

Back in the office, and early nights.

One question to Jacee,.. are you really typing all that or are you copying it from a news site somewhere ??

When i look back in my life i do remember the Thatch years to be the best.
At one point i thought she was going to make a comeback.. but didnt :(

We all know its the people behind the scenes that run the country not the Primeminister, hes got a little cheeky smile that everyone voted for.. Hes a great front man.

Its all about front men isnt it.
Brian

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:01 am

Brian wrote:
One question to Jacee,.. are you really typing all that or are you copying it from a news site somewhere ??

Every word is mine. Sometimes things just need to be said.
jaycee

Postby chris » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:20 pm

This made me chuckle when i saw it;

chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:27 pm

That'll be the Boobynet representative!! :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Re: Let's talk politics.....

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:12 am

Jaycee* wrote:Yasser Arafat
When I was a kid growing up in the late 70's and early 80's, whenever a bomb went off in the middle east, it was always Yasser Arafat who claimed responsibility. The Palestine Liberation Organisation was one of the worst terrorist groups going.
Now he is an old man, people seem to have forgotten the misery and suffering he caused. The sooner he leaves this world the better.

Well look at that!
I wish I'd asked to win the lottery now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:27 am

And on Armistice Day as well...
chris

Return to General Discussion