Login    Register

Robbin' C**ts!

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Robbin' C**ts!

Postby mossy1283 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Got my insurance renewal (Direct Line) through today and it was £817 including all my mods and a £900 excess (voluntary + compulsory) which, is rather a lot I thought. I do have all the hire car, protected ncd business and all that jargon, but I thought i'd just do a quote on-line and see what it comes in at. Firstly I phoned Greenlight insurance as they promised they'd beat my quote this year, but they couldn't and Keith Michaels can't either. So put it all through exactly the same as my existing policy and it comes in at £352.06!!!! Well well well, gave them a call and the lady couldn't believe it and said if I wanted to pay £0 voluntary excess it was only £372. So I opted for that, they have now had to refer it to the underwriters because of the huge difference. Also noticed (if any of you are with direct line) when putting in the quote it comes up with two different options for WR1. Obviously I enter my reg and it automatically populates the make and model, but there is another WR1 model on there and that put my insurance up from £352 to £467.

Unbelievable eh!
mossy1283

Re: Robbin' C**ts!

Postby DCFCtom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:26 pm

yeah that seems to happen quite a bit. Ive just had my renewal from Admiral and to be fair is come down £100 so im happy as larry. Getting married did have its perks LOL I then tried to do what you did as a new customer but it wont let me because it recognises that im already with them, crafty gits. Went onto go compare and its coming up £50 cheaper still with DIAMOND and ELEPHANT so i will be choosing one of them.

What annoys me more than anything with my insurance is the fact its over £100 pound more to park in my garage over night than it is to leave it on the street. Bloody make it up as they go along
DCFCtom

Return to General Discussion