Login    Register

This country has far too many people in it!!

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
This country has far too many people in it!!

Postby mossy1283 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Went for a drive today on an absolutely awesome road for Scooby drivers called the A356 between Crewkerne and Maiden Newton, there aren't too many good driving roads down south compared to where I originate but this one is good. While following one of these drivers (who I hate the most) whose car will only do 40mph, that's is through a 30 or a 60 limit it finally came to me that there should be a day (Saturday) for car enthusiasts only and all caravans, Suzuki Wagon R's, Horses, Tractors etc etc are not permitted. You just cant go out on a nice day without everyone else being out there too, all 65 million of us stuck on this tiny island! Its slowly giving me more ammunition to put my notice in and join the New Zealanders. You can go out all day and not see one car in their countryside, imagine that? Plus I would be the only one (probably) with a WR1. Their population is 4.5 million and most of that is situated in and around Auckland and their land mass is about the same as the UK. Plus they have some god awesome driving roads! Apart from that, had a great day, used loads of fuel and smiled constantly while on boost!

Rant over...
mossy1283

Re: This country has far too many people in it!!

Postby Gary75 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:44 pm

I totally agree, all the knobs seem to come out at the weekend, including me :lol:
Gary75

Postby Megaman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Yer nothing worse than going for a blast to get stuck behind a sunday driver on a single track road with little room to safely pass.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby mossy1283 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:55 pm

One thing I can say I really enjoy about owning a 1 and driving through villages in the arse end of nowhere is the looks on the villagers faces when I disturb the peace burbling through their quiet tranquil waiting rooms for god! If only I had a camera, some of them were classics!
mossy1283

Postby Megaman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Yer it can be quite amusing. I remember one trip out in the dales, I think ive got it on camera actually, where I was in a 30 zone sticking to the limit in the middle of nowhere on an empty road and there were about 5/6 cyclists coming the other way. The old dear at the back of the queue of cyclists stopped her bike put her hands on her hips and shook her head then waved an arm at me. Had I have been thrashing it or driving like a loon fair enough but it was purely the subaru off boost burble that must of annoyed her. Unfortunately for her she was stood next to one of these:

Needless to say I laughed at her as I crawled past her then promptly flicked on the anti-lag to get the car popping and banging and gave it full boost in 2nd and 3rd to educate her on how quiet an off-boost subaru is compared to one on boost. Maybe next time she will keep her flapping arms to herself :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Gary75 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 am

mossy1283 wrote:One thing I can say I really enjoy about owning a 1 and driving through villages in the arse end of nowhere is the looks on the villagers faces when I disturb the peace burbling through their quiet tranquil waiting rooms for god!

They possibly look at you as the Devil incarnated :twisted: :twisted:
Gary75

Postby mossy1283 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 am

Megaman wrote:Yer it can be quite amusing. I remember one trip out in the dales, I think ive got it on camera actually, where I was in a 30 zone sticking to the limit in the middle of nowhere on an empty road and there were about 5/6 cyclists coming the other way. The old dear at the back of the queue of cyclists stopped her bike put her hands on her hips and shook her head then waved an arm at me. Had I have been thrashing it or driving like a loon fair enough but it was purely the subaru off boost burble that must of annoyed her. Unfortunately for her she was stood next to one of these:

Needless to say I laughed at her as I crawled past her then promptly flicked on the anti-lag to get the car popping and banging and gave it full boost in 2nd and 3rd to educate her on how quiet an off-boost subaru is compared to one on boost. Maybe next time she will keep her flapping arms to herself :lol:

How much does it cost to get anti lag? Watched a few videos of it and it looks quite interesting and loud!
mossy1283

Postby Clark » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 pm

You need to go over to the west coast of Scotland,I'm just back from a weekend away over there with the GT3 and a few other cars and the roads there are immense,like a never ending nurburgring at times! :D
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby mossy1283 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 pm

I've done a few trips around the north west highlands but unfortunately not in a performance car, more like a minibus! But I know exactly what you mean, they are awesome. How is the new car?
mossy1283

Postby Clark » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Still getting used to it and treating it with the respect it deserves (can't really drive it in hooligan mode like the Scooby as it will kill you :lol: ) but I love it to bits,just came alive on those roads and the way it howls past 8,000rpms is massively addictive.

Averaged 22mpg over the weekend too :shock:
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby marchar » Wed May 01, 2013 10:22 pm

lol mega :toofunny:
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby Gary75 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:06 am

Going off topic slightly, this car seems to attract three Subaru sins.

1. Disgust, Other drivers look at you and think what a twat :tosser: mainly Audi and BWW owners, the main emphasis being on the Audi driver.

2. Envy, I wish I had one of those, but you are still a twat :tosser: mainly Audi and BMW owners, the main emphasis being on the Audi driver, mainly because they would love to own and drive a Subaru, but can't lower themselves to own and drive one. :tosser:

3. I want to race you, mainly Audi and BMW drivers. Need I say more....... :tosser:
Gary75

Postby mossy1283 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Gary75 wrote:Going off topic slightly, this car seems to attract three Subaru sins.

1. Disgust, Other drivers look at you and think what a twat :tosser: mainly Audi and BWW owners, the main emphasis being on the Audi driver.

2. Envy, I wish I had one of those, but you are still a twat :tosser: mainly Audi and BMW owners, the main emphasis being on the Audi driver, mainly because they would love to own and drive a Subaru, but can't lower themselves to own and drive one. :tosser:

3. I want to race you, mainly Audi and BMW drivers. Need I say more....... :tosser:

Totally agree with all points raised here, especially as I get some right glares from my next door but one neighbour who has just recently retired and bought himself a BMW 335d, which he was pleased as punch with thinking he had the nicest looking car on the street. Then I turned up with my 1 and that attracts all the attention now which I can see he hates! Lol!
mossy1283

Postby Gary75 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:26 pm

My friend has an e39 BMW M5, bloody quick.... I have yet to take up a dual with him, he states he will leave my piece of Jap crap for dead :suss: maybe after three figures have been achieved will he scoot off ahead :shock:

But due to owning a BMW his still a :fight: :wank: come to think of it all BMW owners are :wank:
Gary75

Postby Megaman » Fri May 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Gary75 wrote:My friend has an e39 BMW M5, bloody quick.... I have yet to take up a dual with him, he states he will leave my piece of Jap crap for dead :suss: maybe after three figures have been achieved will he scoot off ahead :shock:

But due to owning a BMW his still a :fight: :wank: come to think of it all BMW owners are :wank:

If your going to take him on make sure its in the wet and that you make full use of the 5k rpm clutch dump launch otherwise the M5 will pull away like a rocket once it gets going. Obviously large and not nimble so bad on twisty B roads but in a drag race the standard WR1 would struggle :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR1 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Backing up Mega's analysis........

http://youtu.be/zlW4jSX6210
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby mossy1283 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Gotta say though a 5.0 V10 vs a 2.0 flat 4 turbo. Impreza deserves the credit for what it puts out, it's like David vs Goliath.
mossy1283

Postby Megaman » Sat May 11, 2013 1:06 pm

WR1 wrote:Backing up Mega's analysis........

http://youtu.be/zlW4jSX6210

lol nice find
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Megaman » Sat May 11, 2013 1:08 pm

mossy1283 wrote:Gotta say though a 5.0 V10 vs a 2.0 flat 4 turbo. Impreza deserves the credit for what it puts out, it's like David vs Goliath.

Yes my point exactly, if you had a tuned scoob then that would even up the playing field somewhat but that would be cheating :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Return to General Discussion