Login    Register

Selling your wr1

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Selling your wr1

Postby Gary75 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 am

For those of you who are selling to cheap, here's a quick guide to verify prices you should receive at sale time.

http://priceanycar.com/Subaru/Impreza/2 ... Ti+WR1+WRX

Hope this helps, don't forget the assumptions are for cars with average mileage and in good mechanical order, adjust price +\- for mileage and condition.
Gary75

Postby Ianr » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:08 am

Seems spot on to me, selling mine at the minute, 55k fssh nice and clean etc, I'd take £8500.
Ian R
Ianr

Postby ktm jon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm

i;ll put my kids in care before my wr goes :lol:
ktm jon

Postby John Mc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 pm

It's worth what someone is willing to buy it for.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

F

Postby R1ynb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 am

I'd say too cheap, when you look at the price of other limited model subaru's
The wr is just as special as a p1,rb320 an the likes
R1ynb

Re: F

Postby Gary75 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 am

R1ynb wrote:I'd say too cheap, when you look at the price of other limited model subaru's
The wr is just as special as a p1,rb320 an the likes

Yes I agree, but dont forget the all important 22b! You spend months, or in my case a good few years to find the right car, price was no object as long as the car was absolutely pristine condition, some spend thousands on modifying, untold man hours cleaning and polishing only to sell for peanuts at sale time, or as some on here have been shafted by dealers :shock: I don't understand that mentality :cuckoo:

As I have stated in a previous post there is a buyer out there for everything.
The car dealers sell at hiked up prices so why should you settle for anything less :wink: I know the dealer needs a profit margin, as we all do, but an example of a sale £5500 trade in, dealer selling at £8995 thats £3495 profiit, take off a few quid for haggling etc, you can still see a profit of £3000!!! can you afford to loose that kind of money on your car :nono:
Gary75

Postby asperformance » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:53 pm

not a car dealer BUT he needs (by law) to supply a warranty for 6months, pay staff and for premises and then quite likely sort a few jobs not mentioned on trade-in and potentially the "pleasure" of having to repair it when someone decides to rag the life out of it............

apart from all that i bet its dead easy to make money out of cars :lol:
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby Carl Curtis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 pm

I've been annoyed a couple of times by people saying they have been 'shafted' by a car dealer.
AS Performance makes very good points about selling motors and especially high performance ones. Not to mention the fact it is probably going to hang around the forecourt for a while.
When you choose to sell your car there are no dealers holding guns to people heads forcing them to sell your motors to them.
If you do sell your car to a dealer thats your problem. Dont winge about it.
Countless ways to sell a car nowadays and appreciate that some people require a quick turn around. Thats not the dealers fault.
I dont have any tie in with a dealer but do appreciate how difficult it is to run a business.
OK rant over and good luck to anyone buying or selling.
Carl Curtis

Postby EK563 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:00 am

I have just sold mine, with its full spares package, i.e. spare set of wheels, few sets of centre caps, second set of mats, and a few other bits n bobs, all Ltd Edn extras, 33K on the clock, mint in and out, done 600 miles in the last year. full AP upgrade. 11K

i had the right buyer at the right time. its not bragging, i valued my car, he valued my car, we met in the middle and that was the round number.

he's been after it for over a year now, he knows the car in side and out, i work away so if i didnt get the money for it, it would just sit in the garage.
EK563

Postby Gary75 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 pm

EK563 wrote:I have just sold mine, with its full spares package, i.e. spare set of wheels, few sets of centre caps, second set of mats, and a few other bits n bobs, all Ltd Edn extras, 33K on the clock, mint in and out, done 600 miles in the last year. full AP upgrade. 11K

i had the right buyer at the right time. its not bragging, i valued my car, he valued my car, we met in the middle and that was the round number.

he's been after it for over a year now, he knows the car in side and out, i work away so if i didnt get the money for it, it would just sit in the garage.

Thats a good price for a 33k WR1. As you state buyer at the right time willing to pay the right money :wink:

Theres always a buyer whatever your selling, if they want it!!! they will pay for it :wink:
Gary75

Postby John Mc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:31 pm

EK563 wrote:I have just sold mine, with its full spares package, i.e. spare set of wheels, few sets of centre caps, second set of mats, and a few other bits n bobs, all Ltd Edn extras, 33K on the clock, mint in and out, done 600 miles in the last year. full AP upgrade. 11K

:wank:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby EK563 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The wise carp always knows when the bait is being dropped ! and he never bites :off: :dickhead:
EK563

Postby mossy1283 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Should have a competition for who can get the most for their 1, that'll push the price back up if people were willing to play.
mossy1283

Return to General Discussion