Login    Register

RAC Tracker ....

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
RAC Tracker ....

Postby simon.r » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Right - Just phoned RAC to bascially say Im a new owner ect - however at £400 for 3 years I thought to myself thats quite costly.

£2.70 a day so i then thought if the car did get stolen would I want it back anyhow?

SO when I took out the insurance I informed them I would be getting the tracker renewed - so I got a cheap deal as my intentions would be to renew -

However just got off the phone to insurance company and then informed it makes no difference with having a tracker to the cost of the insurance - so question is it worth renewing??? When there is no major benefit..

Simon
simon.r

Postby ktm jon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:44 pm

also something to consider simon ive heard reports that the police have more pressing matters to consider before they go looking for stolen cars........sad if its true
ktm jon

Postby Chris 280 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:57 pm

hi mate,i held off from renewing subscription when it was due and they sent me a deal on lifetime subscription! may be worth a haggle :wink:
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Postby Megaman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 pm

The wr1 tracker is a good one in that the traffic police have the kit needed to track down and find the car unlike many others. The RB320 for example has a system where you text it and you get a text back to tell you where it is. Police will rarely work with you to find the car in this scenario. So if the car is nicked you have a chance at getting it back. The other thing is traffic cops love a race so if they are going to track down any car it will be the WR1 :)

Downside is the cost of it but they do negotiate on price. Like you say if it gets nicked do you really want it back?

If its standard and you havent made your own mark on the car then its just a lump of metal. If you invest in making it an even better car then you probably would want it back rather than start with a clean slate.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby EK563 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 pm

also, when you have had a couple of subscriptions and you ring up and (cough) tell them you are going through a divorce and you have to sell your pride and joy to a mate so that she doesnt get her hands on it and after you will buy it back. you need to transfer the lifetime subscription to him.

they are very helpful. :wink: :wink:

shame i forgot to buy it back after me and the wife got back together, wonder what that car is doing now :lol:
EK563

Postby simon.r » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 am

Mine is completely standard - got no plans to put aftermarket money to it to be fair - just going to keep it as it came out the factory.

A lump of metal..... how dare you Mega!!

I think Im getting a call this afternoon so we'll see ... not convinced as of yet.
simon.r

Postby Azyman » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:22 am

I didn't renew my tracker as it made no difference to my insurance, and would you really want it back?
Regs
Geoff
Azyman

Postby rocko » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 pm

http://www.motorguarduk.co.uk/products.asp?id=30

Trackers fitted to all WR1 were in the same place .. so easy to find .. either have it moved =-) or get Smart Track

Or Even Both

Or Get Big Scouser Like WR1 Bro to Look after it for you
"666"
rocko

Postby Daz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:54 pm

just another point before you part with any money , just ask them to see if they can do a test track to see if they can actually locate your car , tried it on mine a few years ago and it wasn't working anyway , also the trackstar ones work off gps and don't work so well in containers etc , whereas tracker use vhf and can be located anywhere .
Daz

Postby simon.r » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Cheers Rocko -

Loved the article on your '1' - would have been one of the last '1's in Total -
And that was your 555 post .... wont be long till your up to 666.

@ Daz - Yeah to see if it could be activated again a test was carried out and found the location of the vehicle.

Where you based Daz? - Saying to Megaman - once he gets his wheels back should arrange a W-Yorkshire Meet. Im sure there is 5 of us now here.
simon.r

Postby Daz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 pm

i'd be up for a meet sometime , i'm in wakefield , where abouts are you ? i think there's a few more knocking about aswell but from what i've seen are a bit shabby not club members cars , sorry if they are but at least buy a sponge :wink:
Daz

Postby simon.r » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:04 am

Im leeds - Megaman is menston... who else is there on here from Leeds?
simon.r

Postby Megaman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 am

simon.r wrote:A lump of metal..... how dare you Mega!!

:lol: You know what I mean, if its a WR1 its a WR1, you can always buy another, If you customise it to death and lose it then ya will want it back

:lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Return to General Discussion