Login    Register

Loooong two weeks

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Loooong two weeks

Postby DCFCtom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Well finally got the car back today from the garage I bought the 1 from only two months ago. I had noticed that on the way home from picking it up it was crunching going into 6th gear at high revs.

Gutted wasnt the word but to be fair to Parkway they have had the car back and its had new syncro fitted under the warranty and it feels like a new gearbox. I can finally drive the car how it wants to be driven without looking like a tool crunching gears lol

So yeah just thought id share my happiness at getting her back :D :D Think il go blow some more fuel tonight :twisted:
DCFCtom

Postby SteveS » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm

The Subaru gearboxes are normally very reliable, strong and well made. Its good that the supplier has rectified the problem. Enjoy :D
SteveS

Postby Megaman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 pm

I had my gearbox repaired to stop crunching between two gears and it cost me 2k!! so i think they have done a great job!
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby rossm » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 am

Glad they sorted it all for you, good to hear of a dealer upholding their warranty obligations!

Presume you were on a private road / airfield when: "going into 6th gear at high revs" ;) :)
rossm

Postby DCFCtom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Oh yeah i have my own runway. I call it the A50 between Stoke and Derby :lol: :lol:

They needed to fix it tbh otherwise im afraid id have had to give them the car back. Not prepared to pay the quoted 2k! on a car id owned for less than a week but like i say i had no problems and the garage were happy to put it right. They have some decent motors there so im sure i wont have been the worst warranty issue they have had back.

Strange thing now tho is she doesnt feel as fast as before the work :? It must be my imagination tho perhaps having smooth gear changes had dumbed it down a little??? Dunno how to explain really. Perhaps im used to it already but after walking for two weeks she just doesnt feel as brutal somehow :? :oops: :lol:
DCFCtom

Postby ktm jon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 pm

glad she;s repaired tom mine shocks me every week even after my enduro bike;s weekly 100 mile route
ktm jon

Re: Loooong two weeks

Postby Steveyk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 am

[quote="DCFCtom"]Well finally got the car back today from the garage I bought the 1 from only two months ago. I had noticed that on the way home from picking it up it was crunching going into 6th gear at high revs. [quote]

how fast do you need to be going to change into 6th at high revs???

65-70mph? :wink:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Return to General Discussion