Login    Register

engine idle

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
engine idle

Postby greenback » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:44 pm

after laying my 1 up for about 4months for major cleaning and tidying ive now got it back on the road but my engine is running a little too high.it started with bringing code 519 on i reset a few times but still comes on.i removed air idle conrol unit and found it too besticking so cleaned and put back.the mangement light now does not come on and is reving much better but just a wee bit high.can this control unit be adjusted a fraction to bring it down a bit.thanks for any imput.
greenback

Postby SteveS » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:11 pm

I'd take it out and give it a bit of spirited right foot, its been sat for months so, do a levels check, start her up and leave it until the temp guage is reading normal, try the brakes then open the taps, keep your eyes on the guages just in case. Good luck.....enjoy Boooooooooosssttt
SteveS

Postby Crockel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 pm

When you say it's revving too high do you mean at tickover or all the time?
Crockel

Re: engine idle

Postby Gary75 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 pm

greenback wrote:after laying my 1 up for about 4months for major cleaning and tidying ive now got it back on the road but my engine is running a little too high.it started with bringing code 519 on i reset a few times but still comes on.i removed air idle conrol unit and found it too besticking so cleaned and put back.the mangement light now does not come on and is reving much better but just a wee bit high.can this control unit be adjusted a fraction to bring it down a bit.thanks for any imput.

Mine revs slightly high when cold then gradually drops down as engine warms up. The control unit is not adjustable with regard to setting the idle speed.
Gary75

Postby greenback » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 pm

good news the idle has now dropped back perfectly to what it should be after taken steves advice and gave it a proper boosting.what a first day back in my 1.i done an airport run to flush out any cobwebs and had quite a few plonkers in their new cars tailgating me they completly under estimate my little beauty and a grin factor 10 as i hit the gas and leave them standing.also insured it this morning so its not on the database yet. so yes the rozzers pulled me over for no insurance after leaving the airport but luckily i had my old policy and policy number so they let me go.reckon i could of burnt them off if i gunned it as they only had an astra even with 3 passengers and 60 kilos of luggage. 8) but then again dontthink the mrs would of been too pleased.all in all im glad its back on the road and i love it to bits.
greenback

Return to General Discussion