Login    Register

Nanolex Glass Sealant - Your thoughts?

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Nanolex Glass Sealant - Your thoughts?

Postby mossy1283 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:02 am

Hi,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nanolex-Ultra-W ... 944&sr=8-2

With rain being a much more common occurrence than sunshine this summer have been thinking about investing in some of this stuff. Does anyone use it? And is it really worth £32?
mossy1283

Postby SteveS » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Heard very good reports on this product so bought some myself, just looking for a day when the temperature gets up so I can use it.....fat chance. Have you looked on the "Car care" thread by Clark who uses it on his one.
SteveS

Postby mossy1283 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Ah ha! Must be good stuff if it gets his seal of approval, I'll give it a blast. Trying to get in touch with Clark strangely enough, about his car. He's disappeared off the radar me thinks?
mossy1283

Postby marky-b » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 pm

I've used this product and one called aquapel, found them both quite good but expensive. I think the lifespan of these products is very optamistic. Nothing works at very low speed, so at some point you are forced to use your wipers. This reduces the amount of time it lasts. I have taken to using good old rain x, after each time I wash the car. This seems to build up a good layer and seems to work well.

just my opinion of course :lol:
marky-b

Postby Chris B » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Use werkstatt prime,does the job well.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Postby Clark » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:48 pm

mossy1283 wrote:Ah ha! Must be good stuff if it gets his seal of approval, I'll give it a blast. Trying to get in touch with Clark strangely enough, about his car. He's disappeared off the radar me thinks?

Just PM'd you mate, my notifications don't appear to be working so apologies for that :oops:

Nanolex is great stuff, 18 months on a daily driver is easily achieveable as long as the prep is right and you don't apply when it's too cold 8)
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby Devious » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:41 pm

So far have appllied Wolfs glass gaurd, Nanoplex, G5, Mur rainaway, and Duxback to name a few through out the years on customers cars.

Nanoplex is very good, but as stated by clark prep is very important.

I currently have Duxback on mine and its over 14moths and still going very strong.
Devious

Postby mossy1283 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:40 am

By saying good preparation is that clean the hell out of the windscreen with the cleaner provided or use another product? Also would a heat lamp do if I don't have a warm day to apply it? Also I'm guessing it must last longer if kept out of direct sunlight?
mossy1283

Return to General Discussion