Login    Register

New Car for the Mrs

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
New Car for the Mrs

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

After being told by the Finnish equivalent of the DVLA that I can't build the V-Storm (as any kit car needs to be 51% based on a donor vehicle) I have decided to pump the cash into an upgrade of the current family wagon - a 2 year old Nissan Qashqai 2.0l 2+2.

After finally talking her into accepting we don't really need 7 seats, and don't use the bigger boot anymore as the kids can use a small 3 wheel pushchair jobbie - I had a free choice of motor, albeit a SUV type thing.

So 4 weeks ago I put my order in (thankfully there was one on its way here with the right spec and colour, otherwise it was a 7 month wait)...and picked it up last Saturday.

Changed the wheels for some 22" jobbies, and de-badged the rear completely.

Really happy with it, and it drives superb. Suspension and steering are great. Sound system ain't half bad either.

Only issue is now it has spat out all its oil onto the garage floor with a busted oil feed or return to the turbo...4 days old!

Back to the dealer with a nice reliable German C200 estate as the hire car thanks to Land Rover Assist! The wait starts all over again!
CAVEMAN

Postby Bonovox » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:21 pm

That looks smart as fook for a Chelsea Tractor :wink:
Bonovox

Postby John Mc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Fooking brilliant, Andy. What did you say it was? A Lada?
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Right now its a busted peice of british engineering crap designed by cowboys, financed by Indians!!
CAVEMAN

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:13 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:Right now its a busted peice of british engineering crap designed by cowboys, financed by Indians!!

that about sums the epuke up :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby John Mc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm

The problem with British Engineering is that there are no British Engineering people in Engineering. All foreigners who are experts in their own respective countries but have fook all clue about how to do things properly, but know how much things should cost.

Quality is a thing of the past. Quality service a thing of the distant future. Maybe.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby eck » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Should have got on of these bad boys http://www.twistedperformance.co.uk/twi ... ch-edition
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:55 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:The problem with British Engineering is that there are no British Engineering people in Engineering. All foreigners who are experts in their own respective countries but have fook all clue about how to do things properly, but know how much things should cost.

Quality is a thing of the past. Quality service a thing of the distant future. Maybe.

Or we have moved abroad to further hone our skills with far greater support and training than that at 'home' and now I get to invoice said stupid UK companies for the priviledge!!
CAVEMAN

Postby SteveS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:All foreigners who are experts in their own respective countries but have fook all clue about how to do things properly, but know how much things should cost.

Yep, they can tell you the square root of a jam jar but can't open it. :roll:
SteveS

Postby Steveyk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Looks smart, but seriously, do these posh spices come in any other colour? Literally every one I've seen is white! 22" wheels are the future tho...
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby POESY » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Fantastic - would love to chop my x-trail in for one of those.

Bit too much $$$ for me though :(
POESY

Return to General Discussion