Login    Register

Dilemma - my head hurts

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Dilemma - my head hurts

Postby Steveyk » Mon May 28, 2012 10:35 am

Right, I'm glad the site is back up because this has been doing my nut in for a couple of weeks:

The good lady wife and I have been looking at some new houses for a few weeks. We wanted to part exchange our current house given that the market is crap and next door have had theirs on for 12 months! The plan was if we were a few grand short then I would sell the 1 to fund our new home and the baby that she wants shortly after. However, the part-ex price they offered us was way more than we'd get selling on the open market and we've blagged all sorts of extra goodies. We reserved our new house yesterday. :shock:

My problem is this: I don't really NEED to sell the 1, but I feel like I should to contibute a bit more to our future home. I've got a mate who is willing to buy it, so selling is no problem. I don't know what to do!

My heart says keep the 1 in my new garage, my head says sell it and buy a Classic instead. My wife doesn't want me to get rid but my conscience thinks I should...

HELP! :eek:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby WR1 WOZA » Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 am

Dont Sell ! Dont Sell ! I Say Again Dont Sell under any circumstances ! :lol:

U WILL REGRET IT
Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Postby chiroman » Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 am

Keep the WR1. It's good your wife doesn't want you to get rid of it. As it's a new house you won't have lots of time consuming and expensive DIY to do, only carpets and curtains and a bit of gardening.
chiroman

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon May 28, 2012 11:41 am

you flippin idiot....

That is a golden ticket right there. Keep it you fool.

Baby seats fit with the isofix points in the back...boot is suprising large, so can easily transport the little one if you have to. Only downside is the passenger airbag doesn't have a key to turn it off for the rear facing baby seats. Pop the fuse instead.

Yes you might need new furniture, TV, Home cinema system etc etc... but they can all be bought in good time - just make sure the cables are run in during the build!

Don't come on here moaning to us if you sell it!! :lol:
CAVEMAN

Postby marchar » Mon May 28, 2012 7:13 pm

No brainer really stevey

1. Your 1 will make your new house look better and your neighbours jealous/talk about you.

2. If you keep the 1 you alreday have a classic !

Would be a shame to see your mate driving it eh :cry:
Nobody told me it was this brutal !
marchar

Postby SteveS » Mon May 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Could't handle seeing my mate driving around in my 1, its like letting him loose on my woman............... :lol: :lol: :)
SteveS

Postby Chris B » Tue May 29, 2012 8:57 am

If you sell the WR1,I will kill you. :D
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

!

Postby Steveyk » Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 am

Chris B wrote:If you sell the WR1,I will kill you. :D

Thanks for your input Chris, seems I might have to hire some "protection" if I sell the 1! :shock:

Thanks for everbody's help, seems the general feeling is keep the Impreza at all costs!

What doesn't help is that I seem to have had a spate of people recently telling me how nice it is, or "nice car mate" at the Shell station... getting rid is looking increasingly unlikely as long as I can live with the decision...
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby Chris B » Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 am

Live with it my friend,keep it enjoy it,if money is ever tight,stick it in the garage for a while.
:D
See you at Bruntingthorpe.
Heaven can wait....I'm playing with my scooby.
Chris B

Return to General Discussion