Login    Register

what should I do

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
what should I do

Postby grahampesking » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm

2 months ago I sent my wr1 gear knob to Ashford Chroming for a refurb , 3 weeks ago I paid them £80 for the job . They emailed me on the 9th of March
to say they have sent the item to my address recorded delivery . 1 week went past and still no sighn of it . I spoke to them on the phone and emailed them and they have been saying they are trying to find out where it is in the Royal mail system . Nearly 4 weeks later , still no sighn .

So if its lost what action should I be taking :roll:

cheers
grahampesking

Postby MUNK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:40 pm

If they sent it recorded and you havnt signed for it.... Or any one else has signed and half inched it...should be down to them to replace.. As they should have asked for i.d on handing it over...
That's if it hasn't been misplaced in there (busy) system somewhere...
"you can do it if you special brew it!!"
MUNK

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Tell em to replace it...... surely scrappy has one

or ask "bid" for his he may sell at £500 :shock:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby John Mc » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Tell em to replace it...... surely scrappy has one

£500 will be the VAT on his recorded delivery...! :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby John Mc » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Do you have any contract with them that states the form of delivery they will use, and/or the responsibility for the goods?
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby grahampesking » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 pm

I was going to play , the "they dont make them anymore" card :lol:
grahampesking

Postby grahampesking » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:32 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Do you have any contract with them that states the form of delivery they will use, and/or the responsibility for the goods?

yes John , in there agreement of terms , they state they are responsible for delivery after they have carried out the work on an item :wink: http://www.ashfordchroming.com/terms

I think thats what it means lol :oops:
grahampesking

Postby SteveS » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 pm

grahampesking wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Do you have any contract with them that states the form of delivery they will use, and/or the responsibility for the goods?

yes John , in there agreement of terms , they state they are responsible for delivery after they have carried out the work on an item :wink: http://www.ashfordchroming.com/terms

Sad to hear your tale of woah, Ashford Chroming have entered into a contract with Royal Mail by sending the item recorded delivery to you which in turn means that Ashford Chroming have proof of the contract in the form of a receipt. It is then down to Royal Mail to compensate Ashford Chroming for a breach of contract if the item cannot be located within a reasonable period of time (last I heard this was 15 days) from notification. As for compensation, you could reasonably claim for costs of a new replacement, as they are no longer available, it will be down to arbitration or good old haggling. You will get your money back but still be left with a stick rather than a gearstick and knob, let us know how you get on as i have a spare that may be of use to you. Hope this helps. :blahblah:
SteveS

Postby Carl Curtis » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

SteveS wrote:
grahampesking wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Do you have any contract with them that states the form of delivery they will use, and/or the responsibility for the goods?

Sad to hear your tale of woah, Ashford Chroming have entered into a contract with Royal Mail by sending the item recorded delivery to you which in turn means that Ashford Chroming have proof of the contract in the form of a receipt. It is then down to Royal Mail to compensate Ashford Chroming for a breach of contract if the item cannot be located within a reasonable period of time (last I heard this was 15 days) from notification. As for compensation, you could reasonably claim for costs of a new replacement, as they are no longer available, it will be down to arbitration or good old haggling. You will get your money back but still be left with a stick rather than a gearstick and knob, let us know how you get on as i have a spare that may be of use to you. Hope this helps. :blahblah:

Why does a man need a spare KNOB!!!!
Carl Curtis

Postby Crockel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I have been a keen EBayer for 10 years now and I have probably used most postal services and had to claim for plenty of lost items over the years. In my personal experience I would say approximately 1 in every hundred items I have sent has got 'lost'.

It depends on what service they have used to send the item to you, but if they have used 'recorded delivery' they will have got a unique number from the Post Office when they posted your item. You can type the number in the Royal Mail's website and it should show where the item is in the system. I've never personally had a recorded delivery item go missing.

To be eligible for a claim a period of 15 working days needs to elapse between posting and the claim. If it has been sent as a recorded delivery item there is an added issue in that the maximum amount the Post Office will pay out is £46. The claim is normally made by the sender.

The Post Office reckon they will respond to claims within 30 days. Most of the time they do but when I claimed for a small value item that went missing over XMas they took nearly 3 months to pay up!

Good luck and let us know what happens. It seems to me that the people who carried out the work for you should definitely be able to tell you now if the gearknob is missing or not; and if so how they intend to sort it.

L

PS If you need any more anorak facts about postage feel free to ask :lol:
Crockel

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

After our car was at CPA for 15 months waiting for engine work, it went in with a mint WR1 knob :lol: it came out with the clap :evil: ... so either CPA played 10 pin bowling with it or someone swapped it of which I have no proof.

So I brought a new alloy sti 6speed from holdcroft and swapped the center section. ...happi days
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby grahampesking » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks guys , I'm really disappointed if I don't see it again . I have an Sti replacement knob from richbrook. If they have lost it then, I would have Ashford chroming contact richbrook to make a new one at there expense . It's a funny thing when u try go with a well established company and shit happens . :rip:
Last edited by grahampesking on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grahampesking

Postby grahampesking » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Tell em to replace it...... surely scrappy has one

:lol:
grahampesking

Postby Steveyk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 am

grahampesking wrote:Thanks guys , I'm really disappointed if I don't see it again . I have an Sti replacement knob from richbrook. If they have lost it then, I would have Ashford chroming contact richbrook to make a new one at there expense . It's a funny thing when u try go with a well established company and shit happens . :rip:

Graham, I have a spare knob, my old one that I swapped because it's scratched, but you're welcome to have it if you want to try and get it refurbed?
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Steveyk

Postby grahampesking » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

Steveyk wrote:
grahampesking wrote:Thanks guys , I'm really disappointed if I don't see it again . I have an Sti replacement knob from richbrook. If they have lost it then, I would have Ashford chroming contact richbrook to make a new one at there expense . It's a funny thing when u try go with a well established company and shit happens . :rip:

Graham, I have a spare knob, my old one that I swapped because it's scratched, but you're welcome to have it if you want to try and get it refurbed?

thanks very much mate , Il give it till the end of the week to see if they get back to me as that wioll be 4 weeks since they sent it to me ( allegedly) :thumb:
grahampesking

Postby Steveyk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 am

No probs mate either post or PM me if you want it :D
Steveyk

Wr1 gearknob

Postby bid » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Funnily enough i do have a wr1 gearknob here, but im actually looking for £550 plus the vat :finger:

Seriously tho i paid £30 for it so u can have it for that if the above deal falls through.
bid

Postby EK563 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 am

you not answering your PMs bid ?
EK563

Postby Steveyk » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 am

No 'deal' Graham, you can have it for free, only too happy to help another owner out... :lol:
Steveyk

Postby Bonovox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 am

Steveyk wrote:No 'deal' Graham, you can have it for free, only too happy to help another owner out... :lol:

That's very generous of you..........

..........you dont have 4 PFF7s kicking about do you? :lol: :wink:
Bonovox

Postby grahampesking » Wed May 09, 2012 6:17 am

Well folks , after 6 weeks Ashfield chroming have funnily tracked down my gear knob . It has been returned to there office from royal mail . They are re-sending it to me this week , so when I get it 1 months from now 😏 I will post some pics . Let's just hope it's in one piece

Thanks again STeve for ur offer btw
grahampesking

Postby Megaman » Wed May 09, 2012 9:30 am

1 word - COMPENSATION?
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed May 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Bonovox wrote:
Steveyk wrote:No 'deal' Graham, you can have it for free, only too happy to help another owner out... :lol:

That's very generous of you..........

..........you dont have 4 PFF7s kicking about do you? :lol: :wink:

I do.... refurbed aswell :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Return to General Discussion