Login    Register

Cars & Coffee

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Cars & Coffee

Postby CAVEMAN » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 am

Well, as I was in the neighbourhood it would of been rude not to pop down to Irvine (45min drive South of my hotel) and have a look around. As I was wide awake anyhow, and the freeway was pretty empty at 5am it was a great way to spend a Sat morning in sunny LA - before spending the rest of the day in the Jonathan Club at Santa Monica Beach.

A great mix of cars as usual, ranging from the old classic muscle stuff (Mustang, Camero, Challenger, Cobra, Daytona Coupe, Plymouth etc...) to old classic british stuff (Austin Healey, Triumph, TR's, MG's)...then the various modern stuff. Lots of various Porkies inc a GT, Lambo's, Fezza's, Bentley's & Rollers.

Was suprised to see a Veyron SS parked up, a beautiful light blue tint to the carbon body with a quilted grey interior with matching blue piping and stitching. Quite tasteful, but the guy was selling it for $3m..which is a tad outside of my budgets this month.

A really friendly event, with lots of support (a lone plod keeping a check on the amount of rubber being laid down on exit) from all over the place. A nice breakfast burrito and wicked cup of coffee (by yankie standards) sets the day off nicely. Sadly no Jay Leno, but we did bump into him later in the week at Universal Studio's anyway...so no great loss.

ImageImage

and my personal favourite

an original 427 Shelby...boy did it sound nice!
CAVEMAN

Postby Matty WR1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:04 am

***new pants please***

8) 8) 8)
Matty WR1

Postby brenmyster » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 am

great pics
:D
ImageImage

Regards and be lucky !
Simon
brenmyster

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 am

Quality pics Andy, where did you say that was? Liverpool City Centre? :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Bonovox » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Niiiiiice! :cool:
Bonovox

Postby SteveS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:13 pm

I got wood :bow:
SteveS

Postby buffy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:35 pm

awwsome pics
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby Cozzy 481 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice, Very Nice!! 8)
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport
Bought WR1 481 back.(SOLD)
Subaru Tribeca B9 SE7 2007.
Cozzy 481

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 am

Quite amazing that this little get together every Sat morning is a free for all.
You do get the accassional shed or 'normal' car trying to get into the main car park but there are way outnumbered by the classics, exoctics and rare vehicles.

Its right down in Irvine, in the Mazda offices car park...so really close to Huntingdon beach and the area of the Hot Rod. Chip Foose, Boyd's shop etc.. are all close by. Anybody seen Overhaulin? Smack in the middle of that stuff.

There is a spin off every Sunday morning, called Supercar Sunday but that is up North out towards Burbank and Santa Barbara...would of done that too but my head wasn't up for it!
CAVEMAN

Postby John Mc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 am

CAVEMAN wrote:Quite amazing that this little get together every Sat morning is a free for all.
You do get the accassional shed or 'normal' car trying to get into the main car park but there are way outnumbered by the classics, exoctics and rare vehicles.

Its right down in Irvine, in the Mazda offices car park...so really close to Huntingdon beach and the area of the Hot Rod. Chip Foose, Boyd's shop etc.. are all close by. Anybody seen Overhaulin? Smack in the middle of that stuff.

There is a spin off every Sunday morning, called Supercar Sunday but that is up North out towards Burbank and Santa Barbara...would of done that too but my head wasn't up for it!

Was that Yellow mustang with the blue headlights a Chip Foose car? I'm sure I've seen that one before!
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:25 pm

The Dodge Charger you mean?

More than likely as it was very nicely detailed inside as well as out. Had the 6.1 Hemi in with more than a few tweaks and pushing out a fair few ponies for sure.

Never seen it before personally, but as it in you are in his backyard it wouldn't suprise me.
CAVEMAN

Postby John Mc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah, the dodge charger... (when did they change from Mustang to Chargers? Was that a recent thing) :lol:

I'm sure that was on an episode I saw, I remember those blue head lights and thinking how good they would look on a Nova :lol:
John Mc

Postby WR1 IMPOSTER 2! » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Quality pics Andy, where did you say that was? Liverpool City Centre? :lol:

Couldn't have been Liverpool City centre, the wheels are still on the cars! :lol:
WR1 IMPOSTER 2!

Postby John Mc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:47 am

WR1 IMPOSTER 2! wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Quality pics Andy, where did you say that was? Liverpool City Centre? :lol:

Couldn't have been Liverpool City centre, the wheels are still on the cars! :lol:

Stealing wheels is an old perception mate, we nick the whole car now as it is worth more when stripped :wink:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 am

Great pics and an interesting event to go see. You get all the bad jobs dont you?
:lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Not sure ALL of them are good jobs, but this trip sure beats sweating your nuts off in Saudi or scared to death in Nigeria!

One of the past jobs has just surfaced into the public domain now after years of secrecy...

enjoy... I know I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442rzZpEBo0

http://www.toyota-motorsport.com/en/ser ... mulator-en
CAVEMAN

Postby John Mc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Ahh Nigeria. Such a lovely place... I particuarly enjoyed the rivers of piss and shit flowing through the cardboard cities.
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:45 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:Not sure ALL of them are good jobs, but this trip sure beats sweating your nuts off in Saudi or scared to death in Nigeria!

One of the past jobs has just surfaced into the public domain now after years of secrecy...

enjoy... I know I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442rzZpEBo0

http://www.toyota-motorsport.com/en/ser ... mulator-en

Nice 3D Simulator, will it fit in my lounge?

:lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 am

erm...probably not. It's a bit of a monster, but not 3D.

There is a new one I am working on for a german F1 company as we speak that is 3D, but I am not convinced its the correct way...but who am I to question the customer!!

typical...all brains and no common sense!
CAVEMAN

Return to General Discussion