Login    Register

Front Bumper

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Front Bumper

Postby Carl Curtis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:08 am

Does the front bumper come off easily or do you require a degree in rocket science.Some tips please.Want to get mine resrayed.Stone chips are annoying me.
Carl Curtis

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:31 pm

really easy mate...

you will need to take a few bits off first to allow you access to the fixing screws, but if you go steady and 1 bit at a time it is so easy its a wonder it stays on at all.

I would remove headlights (although you don't have to), front grill, and the driving light surrounds and driving lights. This just makes access to all the bits easier.

Under the grill there is a row of black plastic rivets, then more clips where the bumper goes to the wings and wheel arches.

Underneath there are a few bolts but these mainly hold on the winglets, but could also be used to attach the front section of the wheel arch.

There is a tab on the bumper moulding that can be used to fix it close the driving light but not sure if they are all used or not. Mine wasn't taking off, but I used them when I put the new one back on.

A bit of force will always tall you where the next fixing point is!

There is a bit of foam inbetween the cross member and bumper so don't be worried if this falls out. The cross member is not actually fixed to the bumper and also be careful as removing the bumper will expose the airbag sensors (yellow wiring) so don't go giving these a smack.

The workshop manual has some pics, so go download if you are not 100% confident.
CAVEMAN

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm

They come off very easy, this is the short version.

Parallel park very close to a wall, put on 1/4 turn and reverse. :lol:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby SteveS » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Carl, just had mine resprayed by a bodyshop in Rugby. They have done a fantastic job and at a good price. PM me and i will give you details.
SteveS

Postby Carl Curtis » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Thats brilliant info Caveman.Many thanks for taking the time to write down the sequence.
Carl Curtis

Postby CAVEMAN » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 am

hey steady on...it might not be the proper way to do it...and to be fair I ripped most of mine off when I fell off the road. :oops:

I was trying to write down the reverse of when I put it back on again, which was really easy, so taking it off should be as easy too.

don't hold me responsible if you fudge it up, or I missed a bit out! :lol:
CAVEMAN

Return to General Discussion