Login    Register

Rev limiter(what is the max revs set at as standard)

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Rev limiter(what is the max revs set at as standard)

Postby SUBDJ » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi there what is the WR1 rev limiter set at on the car. so if you turn off your beep or flash what would it top out on revs and what happens eg sound like the rally cars poping??? or is there just a drop off in power.Has anyone been there to know :roll: .
Subdj
SUBDJ

Postby BIG"E" » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

I believe the light and the bleep is not connected to the scoob actual rev limiter.

Its an indicator that you can set to your own requirements as a reminder when to change gear.

If you want you can stand on the go fast pedal so it pops and bangs but I certainly WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT :lol:

Other wise you may well get more bangs than you want.

The main rev limiter is controlled by the ECU, which can be deleted or increased by a mapper but obviously its there to safe guard the engine.
BIG"E"

Postby Ant » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Standard rev limit was 7400rpm from memory, but I may be wrong.
Ant,

Had an my99 uk classic,

Then got P1 (0329),

Then got a brand new WR1 (092),

Then got a my00 UK Classic,

Then got another P1 (0488), Now Sold.
Ant

Re: Rev limiter(what is the max revs set at as standard)

Postby John Mc » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:48 pm

SUBDJ wrote:Hi there what is the WR1 rev limiter set at on the car. so if you turn off your beep or flash what would it top out on revs and what happens eg sound like the rally cars poping??? or is there just a drop off in power.Has anyone been there to know :roll: .
Subdj

I think you are possibly talking about 2 different things? The rev-limiter is as Big E says but the "beep/flash" is just to tell you when it gets to the revs YOU set it at... The optimum place to set your "beep/flash" is the max power/torque curve revs which you can determine from a rolling road print out...

If you manage to "over-rev" the rev-limiter I'd say you can kiss the engine goodbye :lol:
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 am

it is a fuel cut anyhow, so you are save going up there every now and again...but why you would be staying in gear until then is a bit self defeating.

i reckon you are best going up to 63 or maybe 65 and thats it
CAVEMAN

Return to General Discussion