Login    Register

New Cheap Runabout - Issues

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Postby Megaman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:41 pm

PS Have just collected my car back - seems to be driving much better since they changed various bits. I asked what I owe and he picked up a hand full of papers and said he would have to work it out. Hopefully I can get some contribution from the trader... but given the grand scale of things going on right now its only money.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Crockel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Megaman wrote:Thanks mate - to be honest cars have been the last thing on my mind this week. Here is a pic of my little man with a drip in foot and both arms in pots after his operation to separate web'd fingers on both hands. Probably the hardest thing ive ever had to do taking him to the operating table and putting him to sleep. Anyway its over now, all went well so he is recovering. Pots should stay on for 3-4 weeks at most all being well.

Thanks for the update Megaman.

I have had to take my little lad into the operating theatre for two minor operations in the last two years as my wife couldn't face it. I know exactly how you would have felt- it's one of those feelings you can't describe to any one but only know from experience.

On the plus side it looks like things are looking up for you- the most important thing is your boy's operation went well and he is recovering- fingers crossed your car has been sorted- and my gut feeling is you will get most if not all of your money back from the dealer for the repairs if you play it right.

Get yourself a lottery ticket tomorrow - the beers could be on you!

Lee
Crockel

Postby Cozzy 481 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Hope the little fella is on the mend Megaman. Dad of 3 myself and they are all that matters.
Bmw 320ci msport
Bmw 323i tour msport
Subaru Impreza wrx sti 03 (new)
wr1 481 (New)
Bmw 530i m sport (Champane Edition)
Shogun (06) SORRY
Bmw 330i m sport
Bought WR1 481 back.(SOLD)
Subaru Tribeca B9 SE7 2007.
Cozzy 481

Postby Megaman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Golf Update

Issue turned out to be down to the car battery in the end. The battery was the wrong type - too small for the car. It wasnt clamped down properly and the connectors were not tightened up. Something as simple as this was responsible for the whole issue, unbelievable really.

Got the bill from the garage for just over £400 notes.

Trader has agreed to pay £190 notes but no more.

Have taken the trader up on their offer but am not happy with the situation that ive had to pay that on top of a 600 service for a car within 3 days of picking it up. If anyone wants to buy a car from Chasing Cars Online then I would suggest they get the car checked out by an expert before going through with the deal. Whether the dealer knew about the issues before the sale or not, the £400 notes bill shouldn't have been mine to deal with!

Baby Update

Pots have now come off and fingers are healing nicely which is a huge relief to us. The plastic surgeon is truly a miracle worker the way he has reconstructed the fingers without needing a skin graft and without leaving bigger scars than he has. :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Crockel » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am

Great news on the car and even better news about your babe.

I wouldn't accept the £190 as settlement mind you. I would want the £400 as a minimum plus the original towing costs. If he didn't settle on that I would make it clear that I would be pursuing a claim against him for all my costs, inconvenience, distress, alternative means for getting around whilst my car was of the road etc.

I think you should easily be able to start up a 'fighting fund' from Members here on the board. Put me down for £20! If you get 9 other backers you're laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee
Crockel

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 am

Megaman wrote:Golf Update

Issue turned out to be down to the car battery in the end. The battery was the wrong type - too small for the car. It wasnt clamped down properly and the connectors were not tightened up. Something as simple as this was responsible for the whole issue, unbelievable really.

Got the bill from the garage for just over £400 notes.

Trader has agreed to pay £190 notes but no more.

Have taken the trader up on their offer but am not happy with the situation that ive had to pay that on top of a 600 service for a car within 3 days of picking it up. If anyone wants to buy a car from Chasing Cars Online then I would suggest they get the car checked out by an expert before going through with the deal. Whether the dealer knew about the issues before the sale or not, the £400 notes bill shouldn't have been mine to deal with!

Baby Update

Pots have now come off and fingers are healing nicely which is a huge relief to us. The plastic surgeon is truly a miracle worker the way he has reconstructed the fingers without needing a skin graft and without leaving bigger scars than he has. :)

I'd have thought a reputable garage would have the battery as to check near the top of the list !

Simple things first ....

When at "the ring" with the boys a few year ago, ours started missing and eventually died, spent 3 days in a german garage, everything worked apart from it would'nt start, they eventually sent a new simtek ecu and map sensor still no go..., so much for tuners telling me if the car was in front of us we could sort it ... turned out to be the ignition fuse, which blew because of a dodgy map sensor.
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Megaman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Crockel wrote:Great news on the car and even better news about your babe.

I wouldn't accept the £190 as settlement mind you. I would want the £400 as a minimum plus the original towing costs. If he didn't settle on that I would make it clear that I would be pursuing a claim against him for all my costs, inconvenience, distress, alternative means for getting around whilst my car was of the road etc.

I think you should easily be able to start up a 'fighting fund' from Members here on the board. Put me down for £20! If you get 9 other backers you're laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I emailed the guy my bank details and am awaiting the funds transfer. I havent once said I accept that and that this will be the end of the matter. So well see :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Previous

Return to General Discussion