Login    Register

Aberdeen guys help

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Aberdeen guys help

Postby swrtno1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 pm

As above looking for the guys from aberdeen to help please

Loooking at getting my wheels re-furbished and was wondering ware is good and ware to avoid?

Have heared PPS in inverurie re-furbish wheels but dont know any one who has used them, is there work good or bad?

Can you guys recommend anyone c/w contact no?

Thanks guys
IF IN DOUT, FLAT OUT!!!
COLIN McRAE R.I.P
swrtno1

Re: Aberdeen guys help

Postby Bonovox » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 pm

swrtno1 wrote:As above looking for the guys from aberdeen to help please

Loooking at getting my wheels re-furbished and was wondering ware is good and ware to avoid?

Have heared PPS in inverurie re-furbish wheels but dont know any one who has used them, is there work good or bad?

Can you guys recommend anyone c/w contact no?

Thanks guys

Clark was recomending them to me and if they are good enough for him! Only snag is they need the tyres off the rims and I cant have my car off the road for any time.
Thought you had yours done last year? (stalker alert :shock: :lol: ) noticed your car on jacks for a while.
Bonovox

Postby Clark » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm

We recommend PPS to all our customers and they've done all the wheels on my previous cars aswell as the WR1 (had mine done in a bright silver as i dont really like the anthracite look). Taking the tyres off is a small price to pay considering they charge the same (if not cheaper than some) as most of the mobile guys who largely make a mess (in my opinion) of the wheels when the re-furb them - they come back like new from PPS and are much more durable than painting. If you're not happy with anything they'll happily re-do them without complaining - tell them I sent you if you want an extra fussy job :lol: :lol:
Going round corners just got a whole lot faster...
Clark

Postby Clark » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm

oh, and if anyone in the aberdeen area needs a spare set of wheels for a few days - I have 4 PFF7's with tyres you can borrow 8)
Clark

Postby John Mc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:26 am

How much do they charge for a refurb Clark?
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Clark » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 am

It depends on the size mate but for an 18" you're looking at 40 odd quid a wheel last time I checked,pretty cheap considering how they come back!
Clark

Re: Aberdeen guys help

Postby swrtno1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm

MMM, that was almost 2 years ago I got them done but ye was on axel stands for about a month if not longer. They were done by Finesse at the harbour! Looked good when i got them done but they put a clear lacquer on and it has started cracking and the water is getting in behinde it :(

Looks like I will be going to PPS then :thumb:

Thanks for the feed back guys!
IF IN DOUT, FLAT OUT!!!
COLIN McRAE R.I.P
swrtno1

Postby Clark » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Whenever I've put a set of wheels into Keith on the Monday for example, I usually get them back by Wed/Thursday - last time I spoke to him he said they were turning them around pretty quickly as I've still to get him to re-furb this spare set of Prodrive wheels I have 8)
Clark

Return to General Discussion