Login    Register

WR1OC - New Spammer!!

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
WR1OC - New Spammer!!

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 am

This came through my spam filter last week....anybody else get one too?

Dear Manager:

We are a Domain Name registration service company, which is a professional Internet Domain Name Registration and dispute resolution organization in China.On January,15th,2010, We received MONICA Investment company's application that they are registering the name "wr1oc" as their Internet Trademark and "wr1oc.cn","wr1oc.com.cn" ,"wr1oc.asia"domain names etc.,It is China and ASIA domain names.But after auditing we found the brand name been used by your company. As the domain name registrar in China, it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check.According to the principle in China,your company is the owner of the trademark,In our auditing time we can keep the domain names safe for you firstly, but our audit period is limited, if you object the third party application these domain names and need to protect the brand in china and Asia by yourself, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible. Thank you!

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Angela

Oversea marketing manager
Tel:+86(0)21 6296 2950
Fax:+86(0)21 6296 1557
web:www.ygnetwork.cn
CAVEMAN

Postby John Mc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 am

Reads like those Nigerian fraudsters who want you to give them £10k so they can release the £150M from the holding account....
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

There are a lot of these about simply ignore and add to your spammers list.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

just spooky how they can grab the 'WR1oc' detail from my system....and then email my company email address.

next thing you know those lot will be hacking the emails of Google employees! :lol:
CAVEMAN

Return to General Discussion