Login    Register

Foreign trucks...

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Foreign trucks...

Postby The Swede » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:31 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 76680.html

There has been quite some debate about this in the UK. It seems nearly half the foreign trucks on our roads do not pass the safety tests required.

MPs kicking up dust, 2 hour debate on LBC a few weeks ago, etcetc.

I have not heard ANYONE however say a word about the 37.5% British trucks not being safe.

As foreign trucks make up a whopping 3.5% of all trucks on our roads, it means 1.7% of trucks on our roads are unsafe and foreign registered and more than 36% of trucks are unsafe and British... Q.e.d.

First of all, it makes a mockery of the entire MOT system. And one does wonder how stupid people are that they all go for this "let's nail the foreign lorry-driver"-thing. It does give me a few flashbacks to history... :?

Opinions?
The Swede

Postby stijoy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:54 pm

in my opinion, any truck, car motorbike caught not having ins, road tax or mot and unroadworthy should be took off the owner and crushed, then lets see how many people take car issues as a joke!
stijoy

Postby eck » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:15 pm

stijoy wrote:in my opinion, any truck, car motorbike caught not having ins, road tax or mot and unroadworthy should be took off the owner and crushed, then lets see how many people take car issues as a joke!

What he said :thumb:
The WR1 be safe in the knowledge that, short of strapping yourself to an Acme rocket, there's no quicker way to get from A to B.
eck

Postby The Swede » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:56 pm

It would obviously mean that the people we pay to lead this country would make themselves unpopular with those who live from the benefits system... for which we also pay :roll:
The Swede

Postby hightower » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:12 am

thats the problem most of those who dont insure there car/tax it etc are scum bleeding the system dry who have nothing else better to do than vote. i have not voted yet because i think that they are all useless tossers who are more interested in lining there own pockets.
SAme goes for old people get them off the road
Gracing the drive.....BMW M3 E92 with all the toys!/Integra DC5/ Integra DC2 race car/BMW X5
gone...Impreza RB320 No 112
gone...Impreza WR1 No 84
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...Seat Leon Cupra 225
gone...Civic Type R EP3
gone...(shed with weels)
hightower

Postby Chris 280 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:41 pm

been a friefighter vfor ten years,been to numerous r.t.c,where foreign bastards have caused not very nice sights,and i don,t think i,ve heard of any of them being done for reckless driving,unroadworthy vehicles,driving on the wrong side of the road,driving whilst tired,etc etc(end of rant) but you get tossers from all places unfortunatly.
it is better to have had a wr1 and lost it than never to have one at all.
Chris 280

Return to General Discussion