Login    Register

Pics from todays weather

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Pics from todays weather

Postby Megaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Got a nice wake up call when I stepped off my path half asleep and sunk into the inches of snow. The plant pots are raised up about 2bricks high.

Cleared the snow off the WR1 with gloves to get it looking mostly clean - forgot to get a before pic of it burried...

Mondeo shows the level of snow overnight as it was cleaned yesterday too..

Drove to Harrogate Hospital with the wife for a Baby C checkup as its due next week eek. Dropped wife up by the main entrance and found the only parking spot left. It took me 4/5 ploughs back n forwards to build up a nice gap in the snow to let me get in far enough to park... however when i came to get out... i had a problem..

Yes I had to wind down the window, lean out and dig with my hands enough snow to get the door to open a bit. Then once open dig under the door with hands to eventually get out of the car! These pics were taken when i came back to the car 5hrs later when the sun had been at it a while...

Pics from the hospital...

Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Ahhh Harrogate, top place mate. I've been out today, love pulling out of junctions and snaking down the road in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The look on peoples' faces, quality!! :lol: Tried it fully locked and fully open... locked seemed to give the best snake... :D
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:26 pm

the wife goes mental when i skid out of the culdesac - you taken the missus out for a "spin" yet? ;)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:44 pm

yeah, locked or even 1 or 2 clicks back is best I find. otherwise it is too rear biased.

I bet the folks there don't know what the heck it is do they? If its not got Range Rover or Porsche written on it then it could be anything!

Great fun though, wish I was back there right now....oh the roads back home...

perfect camoflauge for the masses of suicide sheep lining the moors!
CAVEMAN

Postby Megaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 pm

When i got to the hospital this morning and started my ploughing - there was actually a car parked opposite that started sliding backwards but luckily for the owner it stopped. The chunk of snow in front of my car obviously acted as a big wedge which levered the other car back slightly. It was gone when i came back so i assume it drove off that or they were told to move it as it had slidden away and was blocking something...

when you next over this way caveman?
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Megaman wrote:the wife goes mental when i skid out of the culdesac - you taken the missus out for a "spin" yet? ;)

Yeah, she was in the car, I just ignored the shouting and carried on going through the gears.. the burble drowned her out... had the audacity to say the roads were a bit icy... proper tumbleweed moment...I tell you :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby John Mc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:yeah, locked or even 1 or 2 clicks back is best I find. otherwise it is too rear biased.

I bet the folks there don't know what the heck it is do they? If its not got Range Rover or Porsche written on it then it could be anything!

Great fun though, wish I was back there right now....oh the roads back home...

perfect camoflauge for the masses of suicide sheep lining the moors!

They do know what one is now mate :lol: stuck up twats!! There is a guy oposite me with a Carrera C4S, he reckons hs's a good driver and rides fast bikes too but I think he looks down on me... one of his mates has a scooby which has been modified but no idea what it's running. He never says anything to me though, I make a point of talking to his wife on purpose.. especially when he's out licking his car. Winds him right up!

Love this area for driving, pure heaven mate. I'm sure there are other heavens but it ain't bad round here :lol:
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:23 am

Megaman wrote:

I am back in the UK next week for some software training but this is based in Warwick, so sadly no chance to pop home for a bit.

BUT - I will be moving back to the UK for a few months around easter time and bringing the family too (inc WR1), so I will be up for a few weekends out and about for sure. Need my fix with the rally boys as it has been such a long time since I have been involved...and the odd run out into the Dales too.

Can't wait to be honest....then a few months later, drive back up here to settle into the new job properly.
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:
Megaman wrote:

I am back in the UK next week for some software training but this is based in Warwick, so sadly no chance to pop home for a bit.

BUT - I will be moving back to the UK for a few months around easter time and bringing the family too (inc WR1), so I will be up for a few weekends out and about for sure. Need my fix with the rally boys as it has been such a long time since I have been involved...and the odd run out into the Dales too.

Can't wait to be honest....then a few months later, drive back up here to settle into the new job properly.

Will you be in Warwick next Friday, 15-1 ?

I'm at Prodrive testing a 1997 Impreza WRC that day on their track in Warwick. Catch up afterwards?
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 pm

The Swede wrote:

I'm at Prodrive testing a 1997 Impreza WRC that day on their track in Warwick. Catch up afterwards?

I will be yeah, not sure what time the course finishes - I am hoping being a Friday and with some Yankies tutoring us they will want to finish up early.

I am staying at a hotel near LHR Friday night for a early Sat flight back to Helsinki, so could well be passing by your way down the M40. Will give you a nudge later next week.

Have fun mate, and take plenty of pics...and get the history of the car. A friend of mine owns P17 WRC and that is a 97 car too. I am sure these were all based on the 22B shell - 3 door. Probably the best car they have done.

Prodrive are selling the first one ever built for about 85-90K...reckon they might swap you for the Evo? :lol:
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:20 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:
The Swede wrote:

I will be yeah, not sure what time the course finishes - I am hoping being a Friday and with some Yankies tutoring us they will want to finish up early.

I am staying at a hotel near LHR Friday night for a early Sat flight back to Helsinki, so could well be passing by your way down the M40. Will give you a nudge later next week.

Have fun mate, and take plenty of pics...and get the history of the car. A friend of mine owns P17 WRC and that is a 97 car too. I am sure these were all based on the 22B shell - 3 door. Probably the best car they have done.

Prodrive are selling the first one ever built for about 85-90K...reckon they might swap you for the Evo? :lol:

Wanna meet up near Heathrow otherwise for a bite?

We need to drive back that way anyway as we live near Gatwick.

PS: If ever it's convenient to fly from Gatwick and you need a place to crash, always welcome here. We're 5 mins away from Gatwick.
The Swede

Postby bbigman2000 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Awesome pics Mega 8) We have 2 to 3ft level fall in areas around here around dufftown, aberlour and aviemore :lol:
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Only route from Helsinki to Gatwick is via EasyJet...

I think I will be sticking with Finnair for now.

Seinajoki-Helsinki-London...no hassles. (unless the bastards go on strike!!)
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:00 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:Only route from Helsinki to Gatwick is via EasyJet...

Sounds sensible. I also always need to go the LHR to fly to Finland with SAS.

Happy to pay dinner friday though.
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:30 pm

The Swede wrote:
CAVEMAN wrote:Only route from Helsinki to Gatwick is via EasyJet...

Sounds sensible. I also always need to go the LHR to fly to Finland with SAS.

Happy to pay dinner friday though.

:hump: :lol:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 pm

if swedes paying im going to join you :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby The Swede » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Megaman wrote:if swedes paying im going to join you :lol:

You weren't even arsed to come to the Christmas party ! And now you'll drive for a short dinner ??

You're just too asocial to meet up. I've also been told by other members that you always shy away from meetings because you're scared you'd have to buy a drink potentially during the night.
The Swede

Postby Megaman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am

The Swede wrote:
Megaman wrote:if swedes paying im going to join you :lol:

You weren't even arsed to come to the Christmas party ! And now you'll drive for a short dinner ??

You're just too asocial to meet up. I've also been told by other members that you always shy away from meetings because you're scared you'd have to buy a drink potentially during the night.

I thought I had a valid excuse for not attending the xmas party - spending 6hrs per day in hospital for the last month except xmas day because the wife has pre-eclampsia with this baby due next week...?? ;)

As for being asocial, who hasnt attended any Dales meets that weve have arranged for the club?? no names mentioned.... TheSwede!!! :)

With regards to buying drinks now your just being silly, ive bought many a jug of water for everyone to enjoy! :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby danr55 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 am

bbigman2000 wrote:Awesome pics Mega 8) We have 2 to 3ft level fall in areas around here around dufftown, aberlour and aviemore :lol:

pics? 8)
danr55
Site Owner

Postby bbigman2000 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:02 pm

will see what I can do tmrw Dan 8)
Previously: Everything With 4 Wheels over 300bhp

Currently: M6 (57) & Hilux Invincible (60)
bbigman2000

Postby Autotecnica » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:46 pm

dude where's my car? :shock:
Buxton Subaru Centre. 01298 27391
Autotecnica

Postby John Mc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:31 pm

So you got out OK then Adam?? :lol:
John Mc

Postby Autotecnica » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:So you got out OK then Adam?? :lol:

metro power ploughed through the snow :lol:
Autotecnica

Postby Megaman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52 pm

:lol: mind you we havent seen whats under the bonnet of his metro :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Megaman wrote::lol: mind you we havent seen whats under the bonnet of his metro :lol:

Bro.. peddalin' like fook :lol:
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:26 pm

i heard that bro still uses stabilisers... lol
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Autotecnica » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am

Megaman wrote:i heard that bro still uses stabilisers... lol

only when he's on the toilet! :shock:
Autotecnica

Return to General Discussion