Login    Register

a few Q's

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
a few Q's

Postby jimmy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 pm

hi all i aint a subaru guru but im hoping use will make me one :lol:

how many wr1's where made?500?

what does the ppp give you mod wise for an sti?

mod wise what is the difference between a type uk sti and a wr1?

wheres the best place to buy new brake pads for the brembo's,are aftermarket pads any use?

do the blobeye sti's have forged piston's as standard?i know the hawkeye has cast iron ones and i was told the blobeye's are stronger

what kind of turbo's do they have?dont think its a td05 :?

how many more horses will i get with the walbro fuel pump and de-cat up pipe?

cheers in advance guys,just a few wee queries i was interested in

:lol: :lol:
ver9 grey blobeye sti
jimmy

Postby CAVEMAN » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 pm

I am hoping below is kinda correct...but I am sure someone will chip in to correct me if not.

1 - yep 500 WR1's.
2 - PPP is just an EcuTek re-flash for ecu with new exhaust and panel filter I think.
3 - paint colour, wheels, suspension, DCCD, and the tax disc, gearknob, and plaque..plus I think it is a better EcuTek flash than the normal PPP. Interior from Spec D, so no striking blue everywhere.
4 - A lot of people like the performance friction stuff - I certainly would recommend them over stock all day long.
5 - Don't think the pistons are forged, they probably are in the JDM and Spec C versions but not humble Sti type UK.
6 - Turbo is the IHI VF35
7 - Walboro 255 pump won't give you anymore power...it'll just be better equipped to supply the correct amount of fuel at the correct pressure. de-cat however will give you a few ge-gees but not a great deal. Really need re-map for extra grunt.

i am sure i have missed a couple of things, but I reckon this is the bulk of things sorted for you.
CAVEMAN

Postby buffy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 pm

does anyone know how many are left??
LBUFFIN
buffy

Postby steve.w » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 pm

i believe the ppp on the wr1 was the same as the sti apart from a 3 port boost solenoid which enabled prodrive to up the boost a little more.allowing a bit more power and more aggressive map :wink:

try as performance for the brakes,i got some new rotors,bolts and pads for my ap's at a good price,was cheapest i could find at the time 8)
wr1 no 077 gone...now a 400hp evo ix fq340
steve.w

Return to General Discussion