Login    Register

Any lawyers here?

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Any lawyers here?

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:42 am

Our landlord keeps harassing us. She wants to enter the property every 3 weeks, she still failed to hand over the key to certain storages and meanwhile she attacked us because we would not use British gas as supplier but chose another gas supplier. She's even had a lawyer send a letter to press us into complying to that :shake:

In the same letter, it said she noticed I parked my cars and caravan in such a way that I block the access to the electrical gates.

1. Not of her f*cking business

2. Have a look how I park...

Meanwhile I am REALLY fed up with that b*tch and I want to sue her.

Anyone knows of any good lawyers or people who can advise ?
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 am

What does your contract state about her right to access or is it silent on this? That is the first thing a solicitor or lawyer will want to see.

Does it state anything about parking restrictions or distances to keep clear of the gates in the contract?

Is it a shared access? I take it there is a property just off the photo shot and you don't actually live in the caravan? :lol:
John Mc

Postby wr1.305 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:44 am

nope dont know any layers but i do know someone who will break her legs cheap.... currantly doing a two for one offer.
wr1.305

Postby marky mark » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 am

As a foreigner living on our soil, you should comply with whatever the good English people say. Simple as.

If you want to sponge, please abide by our rules.

:mrgreen:
If JP is Roland Rat, them I am Errol the Hamster... His number 1 fan.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby CAVEMAN » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:29 am

Holy cow, that driveway has more room than my entire house!!

As stated above, check your contract with a fine tooth pick...the details are often hidden somewhere in there.

As a legitimate tennant you can change suppliers as you wish...if its not covered in the contract then go for it.

Also, I thought the owner had to send you a letter saying they plan to visit before hand...they can't just rock up without warning.

I am sure in this current climate, they don't want to lose a steady income from you so you can always threaten to leave.
CAVEMAN

Postby Bonovox » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:12 am

Flippen eck! My front gardens about the size of the fenced bit round the tree! :oops:
Last edited by Bonovox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bonovox

Postby Gee Wr1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:23 am

Maybe she doesn't like caravans?

I'm no lawyer but i know from experiences my dad had renting out his old shop he converted to a house that the owner has very little rights compared to the sitting tennant. Once she handed you the keys & contract signed & you moved in the law is stacked in your favour compared to her even though she ownes the property. She has to give notice in advance of any property inspections & if the periodic inspections are not written into the contract you can pretty much say no & you must be in if there is an inspection she will be tresspassing if she enters on her own accord.

It's easily seen from your photo that you are not blocking the gate by any means so that will be easy argued by your lawyer.

You've got to think is it worth fighting her & having grief the whole time your living there or stay there in the mean time whilst looking for another suitable place then telling her to go f*** herself.
Bringing lawyers into in can be expensive with all the letters etc going back & forth.
Gee Wr1

Re: Any lawyers here?

Postby Gee Wr1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 am

The Swede wrote:

Just found the location for next wr1oc meet (see above) :lol:

Thought i had a good size drive with space for around a dozen cars parked neatly on the gravel but yours is HUGE! 20-30 cars in there by the look of it :shock:
Gee Wr1

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

Gee Wr1 wrote:
Just found the location for next wr1oc meet (see above) :lol:

Thought i had a good size drive with space for around a dozen cars parked neatly on the gravel but yours is HUGE! 20-30 cars in there by the look of it :shock:

Just be careful that we don't block the gates :lol: :wink:
John Mc

Postby POESY » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 am

I ensure i'm allowed into my property at least once every 4 weeks. Doesnt mean I do it but its written into the contract just in case, fairly normal.

If youve got consent to park a caravan then thats fine - i wouldnt permit it, a driveway is exactly that, not a storage yard. Certainly it looks like youve left it sensibly located, just check theyre are no manholes underneath or anything else that may require maintenance access.

Your service providers are up to you. The contract is between you and the provider, not the address and the provider, so tell her to fcuk off.
POESY

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 am

POESY wrote:I ensure i'm allowed into my property at least once every 4 weeks. Doesnt mean I do it but its written into the contract just in case, fairly normal.

If youve got consent to park a caravan then thats fine - i wouldnt permit it, a driveway is exactly that, not a storage yard. Certainly it looks like youve left it sensibly located, just check theyre are no manholes underneath or anything else that may require maintenance access.

Your service providers are up to you. The contract is between you and the provider, not the address and the provider, so tell her to fcuk off.

I agree that there needs to be a possibility of control.

The difference here however is that she 'invades' the place. She tells you you shouldn't put your furniture in a certain way, she tells you what rooms you can use as guest rooms and which not, she wants to choose suppliers, etcetc.

I could also agree when someone says he does not want tenants to park caravans, trailers or vans on a drive.
In this case, it's completely secluded however AND meanwhile I got a huge container still sitting on the drive which she refuses to remove... :roll:

Just read through this: http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advic ... harassment
Clearly, she is harassing us.

Hence my intent to get her to Court.
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 am

Gee Wr1 wrote:Just found the location for next wr1oc meet (see above) :lol:

You haven't got the entire area on the pic even ! You could park 20-30 caravans on there without trouble.

The house is seperate. There is first the hedge behind the caravan, then a large garden, then the house...

You can see the whole shooting match here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 2&t=h&z=19

(House on the right of the parking.)

Met the former tenant this morning. She left because of all the harassement. The tenant before also was only in for 6 months...
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 am

"Cock's Lane" isn't that a bit unfortunate...?

One way to retaliate would be not to pay your rent and claim squatters rights.

Can take up to 10 years to get you out if you 'play' the law... just ask a decent squatter for some free advice, saves on legal costs and also free rent!!
John Mc

Postby CAVEMAN » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:13 pm

holy moses...I reckon we can all come and stay at your gaff rent free.

that would really upset the old dear.

Only a few miles drive from the office when I am in the UK....this is getting spooky, first Finland...and now Bracknell.

You following me? :lol:
CAVEMAN

Postby Megaman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Can i use the solicitor to sue you for owning a caravan ? :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:41 pm

Megaman wrote:Can i use the solicitor to sue you for owning a caravan ? :lol:

Sure. Join Clarkson in the 'club of the frustrated' when I take the thing around the Nurburgring behind the S63 AMG :lol:
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:holy moses...I reckon we can all come and stay at your gaff rent free.

that would really upset the old dear.

Only a few miles drive from the office when I am in the UK....this is getting spooky, first Finland...and now Bracknell.

You following me? :lol:

I am planning a big party in June, with approx 30 belgians coming over. Will need a bunch of WR1's too :mrgreen:

Meanwhile the old dog sent me an email:

"You have to remove your vehicles from your drive as we need to kill the weeds".

:rofl:

She comes close to the house with any weedkiller and she'll be drinking it !
The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 pm

The Swede wrote:

Meanwhile the old dog sent me an email:

"You have to remove your vehicles from your drive as we need to kill the Sweeds".

Add racial harassment to the list :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gee Wr1

Postby The Swede » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 pm

There's an idea.

Might actually play victim a bit and give her something to worry about :mad:
The Swede

Postby John Mc » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:15 am

The Swede wrote:
Sure. Join Clarkson in the 'club of the frustrated' when I take the thing around the Nurburgring behind the S63 AMG :lol:

Now THAT.... I would love to see!! 8) :thumb:

Make sure you post it up here when you are doing it, it'll be like when top gear did the episode with caravan racing, you'll be going home with an empty tow bar :lol:
John Mc

Postby The Swede » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:46 am

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:
The Swede wrote:

Now THAT.... I would love to see!! 8) :thumb:

Make sure you post it up here when you are doing it, it'll be like when top gear did the episode with caravan racing, you'll be going home with an empty tow bar :lol:

I am thinking of how to organise it to have a TV crew there.

Think there will be no empty towbars. The entire outfit will be fitted with two stabilisers (the WS5000 on the ball itself and the Tunisi bars across) plus I am getting the BPW iDc system built in which is like ESP for caravans. ;)
The Swede

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Had tenant in for 2 years and not 1 visit from me !

She has to give you 24 hours notice of entry !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Had tenant in for 2 years and not 1 visit from me !

Well, 24h is really tight as I cannot just be home with 24h notice.

If you plan a check, you should really agree up front when etc.

This b*itch drives to here from Somerset every 3 weeks "to pick up her mail"... :cuckoo:
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Had tenant in for 2 years and not 1 visit from me !

This bitch drives to here from Somerset every 3 weeks "to pick up her mail"... :cuckoo:
The Swede

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:23 pm

The Swede wrote:

This bitch drives to here from Somerset every 3 weeks "to pick up her mail"... :cuckoo:

Ask her to bring you some scrumpy jack :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby WAYNE WRX » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Well had a good read of this and I'm amazed, there always someone trying to make someone's life a misery. Really gutted for you Swede, we rent and we would hate to be in your situation.
I cant help you but we feel for you mate :)
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby The Swede » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks, Wayne.

Actually discovered from the lawyer I hired that they already had issues with her and a tenant. Not the former one, but the one before. So means she's actually had trouble with all 3 tenants she's ever had. How unfortunate... :lol:
The Swede

Postby POESY » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:22 am

Time to leave that address mr swede - all i can see you doing there is throwing good money after bad - you dont need the agro and there isnt exactly a shortage of good rentable property out there at the moment.

My place in watford is nearly finished :wink: but you aint parking no pikey caravan anywhere near it :lol:
POESY

Postby The Swede » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 am

1. I am not going near a property where I cannot do what I want. So people like yourself who think they need to dictate how other people should live can :off:

2. You can indeed argue that this will cost in legal expenses whereas we will anyway end up leaving the property at some point (even if it is at the end of the lease in October).
I do not want to leave her with a 6K deposit though plus having the risk to have to pay for the rent until the end of the lease.
By taking this action I want to ensure a Court gives us the right to move and I actually plan to show we 'have to' move because of the harassement and claim the moving costs, as well as the legal expenses, back from herself. In the end, if she didn't start harassing, we would not have had to get legal help.
The Swede

Postby POESY » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:50 am

1. Well go live in the caravan then - then you can do whatever it is caravan hillbillies do. If your going to rent property, there will be a contract you will have to adhere to, simple as that tbh!!

2. She should not have any of your deposit. In the uk the landlord does not hold the deposit anymore. So if she's got 6k of your money and hasnt paid it into a government appproved holding account then youve really been stitched up/stupid!!

Good luck whatever way it goes.
POESY

Next

Return to General Discussion