Login    Register

Any lawyers here?

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Postby WAYNE WRX » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm

When did that happen, our landlord has a deposit from us????

Swede, if I had the money and was happy with the area, I would take that B*tch to court just to teach her a lesson, but its easy for me to say that as I haven't got the money to do that :roll:
www.wwjpc.co.uk Wales "n" West Japanese Performance Cars WR1 495
WAYNE WRX

Postby The Swede » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 pm

WAYNE WRX wrote:When did that happen, our landlord has a deposit from us????

Swede, if I had the money and was happy with the area, I would take that B*tch to court just to teach her a lesson, but its easy for me to say that as I haven't got the money to do that :roll:

Don't worry, I will.

I have enough evidence and support to ensure she loses in a Court and we get out without leaving her the deposit etc. Which by itself will be more than the laywer will cost.
Plus, if she loses, she pays the legal costs.
The Swede

Postby The Swede » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 pm

POESY wrote:1. Well go live in the caravan then - then you can do whatever it is caravan hillbillies do. If your going to rent property, there will be a contract you will have to adhere to, simple as that tbh!!

2. She should not have any of your deposit. In the uk the landlord does not hold the deposit anymore. So if she's got 6k of your money and hasnt paid it into a government appproved holding account then youve really been stitched up/stupid!!

Good luck whatever way it goes.

1. I cannot see what a caravan has to do with it. If I'd have a horsebox and 12 stinking 4-feeters like that on the paddock next to the house, it would be OK. But a caravan is not. Shows how far people like yourself are up their own arse.
I'd rather live where I do and have my holiday peacefully in a caravan than live in a place like Watford, to be honnest.

2. As we went through an agency, the deposit was paid into a bank account specified by them.
However, the rental contract specifies a 12 month lease, she does have the right to ask us to pay any remaining months if we move due to the harassement. Hence why we need to prove we have a good reason to move.
The Swede

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Dont worry about her mate....some pikeys have moved in!!!

:rofl:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 pm

The Swede wrote:[

I am planning a big party in June, with approx 30 belgians coming over. Will need a bunch of WR1's too :mrgreen:

So you will only need to buy 15 cans of beer before they are all pissed!

Wheres my invite? Can I stay in the fucktruck? :rofl:

On a serious note landlords usually have to give a minimum 2 weeks notice in writing for an "inspection"

Why dont you just make an appointment for her to come over...run her over when she is en route....rent agranny in an old peoples home who looks like her.......plant her in the dead ladies house, sell it after 6 months, buy your place for a £1 ...

life is easy :toofunny:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby POESY » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:21 pm

The Swede wrote:
1. I cannot see what a caravan has to do with it. If I'd have a horsebox and 12 stinking 4-feeters like that on the paddock next to the house, it would be OK. But a caravan is not. Shows how far people like yourself are up their own arse. I'd rather live where I do and have my holiday peacefully in a caravan than live in a place like Watford, to be honnest.

Me too :lol:

The Swede wrote:2. As we went through an agency, the deposit was paid into a bank account specified by them.
However, the rental contract specifies a 12 month lease, she does have the right to ask us to pay any remaining months if we move due to the harassement. Hence why we need to prove we have a good reason to move.

So she hasnt got your 6k then :?

Get spikey round - he'll sort it, lundon style :wink:
POESY

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:26 am

The Swede wrote:
POESY wrote:1. Well go live in the caravan then - then you can do whatever it is caravan hillbillies do. If your going to rent property, there will be a contract you will have to adhere to, simple as that tbh!!

2. She should not have any of your deposit. In the uk the landlord does not hold the deposit anymore. So if she's got 6k of your money and hasnt paid it into a government appproved holding account then youve really been stitched up/stupid!!

Good luck whatever way it goes.

1. I cannot see what a caravan has to do with it. If I'd have a horsebox and 12 stinking 4-feeters like that on the paddock next to the house, it would be OK. But a caravan is not. Shows how far people like yourself are up their own arse.
I'd rather live where I do and have my holiday peacefully in a caravan than live in a place like Watford, to be honnest.

2. As we went through an agency, the deposit was paid into a bank account specified by them.

As far as I'm aware a 12 month contract means fec all, one of my tenants moved outafter 4 months without telling me and I still had to pay her deposit back, even tho I kept it as they left it in a mess never returned the keys etc :roll:

As for the deposit being held in a "government appproved holding account" .....never heard of that either, I have spent mine on mods :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:17 pm

I have some "answers" "suggestions"...

Read your contract to see what is stipulated on "inspections" a "reasonable" inspection interval would be as little as once a month.

Also see what is stipulated on "notice" for inspection, some contracts require a week and written notice.

In the mean time find out if your deposit is held in teh "govenment scheme" if so she cannot get her hands on it without you releasing it to her - Good news - Your agent shoudl clarify this with you, if it is held in the govrnment scheme ask to see hard copy of a receipt/certification - you should have a ref no where you can log on to see all the details and shoul of been sent details.

Next step log a complaint with the "tennents ombudsman"

Then get your solicitor to send a letter stating your "dispute" ie: inspection/not full use of the buildings as specified "in your lease" - check it!

Then open a stakeholder account with your solicitor and start paying your rent there, your solicitor will send her a letter stating that you are not witholding rent, but paying it into the "stakleholder account" untill such time as the dispute is rectified and at which point the monies will be released.

"Hopefully" she will "cop on!" when the money stops.

Most important is "where" is your deposit "who/what" is holding the deposit!

If the dispute is not settled by the time your rent is £6000 then leave and F*ck her off!

I personally would bail when the "rent AND your solicitors costs" hit £6000.

Hope this helps, If you need any more info call me "Betty" ok "AL"

Luv...spikey.
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Previous

Return to General Discussion