Login    Register

Video of the greatest WRC drivers

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Video of the greatest WRC drivers

Postby The Swede » Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDJYJW5M ... =quicklist

One could obviously have a debate whether certain drivers are missing and shouldn't be there.

I personally think Lampinen, Aaltonen, Delecour, Schwartz, Duval and Latvala are missing.

I would argue whether Biasion really is at the level of the others. Same with Burns. They never showed anything really memorable or 'out of the ordinary'. Biasion had the support of the only team that made a good car in 88 and 89 and could cruise to the WRC title.
I'd actually even chuck Loeb out as watching him drive is like watch paint dry on the wall.
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 am

Great vid, but why do they put music over the top...surely the engine noise is the only music you need! Especially those S2 5 pots.

How many drivers from Finland!! That's SISU for ya!

There is only 1 modern day driver that shows real fire in his belly a real enthusiasm for giving it death, picking it up by the balls and seeing how far he can push it. Sure he crashes a bit too often, but its better to have too much raw speed than not enough. The rest are just too precise and calculated, or not talented enough and are there purely because they have the sponsors backing or a big bank account.

I miss the good old days, when a rally was a real test of man and machine and also service crews. When there was more road miles than stage miles after criss-crossing the country several times with a service crew in tow.

Should be more Roger Albert Clark rallies for sure!
CAVEMAN

Return to General Discussion