Login    Register

Video compiling software ?

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Video compiling software ?

Postby The Swede » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 am

My girlfriend needs to put together a short videoclip for a job application in the advertising industry by Thursday. It's got to be 3 mins, saved on a memory stick and sent to the company.

We need to film with a Sony camera which saves MPEG's.

Does anyone know of an easy to use software we can use to cut some of the filming and stick it together to make one clip?

Cheers !

S.
The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 am

Windows movie maker, thats what i use & the best bit for you is you'll have it on your pc already. Easy to use & will save in mpeg as well as other formats.
Gee Wr1

Postby RobinSherwood » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:00 am

If you dont want to buy anything I have editing software on my Apple in my office, Marketa is welcome to come and use it.

Robin
RobinSherwood

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:16 am

I would go with the Mac any day of the week.

Movie maker is free and pretty simple, but if you are relying on this clip for a professional job, then use a professional bit of kit to make it.

-Andy
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks for the offer, Robin.

It's not a 'professional clip' she needs. She is simply applying for an internship with one of the leading advertising firms and part of the application process is now to make a small video showing who she is, but in a 1980's context. It has to be max 3 minutes and be sent back to them by Friday.

They are looking more into creativity etc but also want to see someone put effort into it.
A professional job might have the opposite effect nearly showing someone might have had help.
The Swede

Postby CAVEMAN » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:19 pm

in 1980's context..cool

get the big hair, shoulder pads and I am sure you can get hold of one of the original massive Nokia phones!

put in all in black and white too!

seriously though, good luck with it.
CAVEMAN

Postby The Swede » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:30 pm

We're more thinking of playing the cold war idea.

Mak is Czech and was born in the 1980's. So intertwining facts of her life in the '80's, as a little girl growing up in a Communist regime, with events of that era (booming west with silly City- and IT-nerds, cold war, fall of the Iron Curtain, etc).

Ashame it has to be in before we come to Finland plenty of "80's" stuff to film there, especially once you go towards more remote places (or Vaasa) :lol:
The Swede

Return to General Discussion