Login    Register

Silverstone Trip Pics

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Silverstone Trip Pics

Postby Megaman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 pm

I went to Silverstone on Sunday for a tour of silverstone and a go in a Ferrari 360 and a Lotus Exige. Had a great time although I had to almost barrell roll my way in and out of the Lotus with a helmet on... ;)

At the weekends when fully booked the Ferrari goes through a set of tyres each day and a set of brake pads every three days.

Here are some pics from the day...

The Pits - They said F1 cars come in at 60 mph and cant cross the blue line until the last minute where they then stop from 60 in 1 car length.

One of the Single Seaters that they have available - look good fun!

Older single seaters behind the new one now mostly decommissioned.

Ford Focus's are used for skid experiences.

Some Ferrari 360 pics...

Lotus Exige being repaired - new seat and some engine tweaks...

Single seater having geometry setup. Notice each wheel is on its own scale to get weight exactly right even for the public experience days.

Lotus Exige - amazing cars on the track, if i could get in and out easily id be surfing autotrader for one :)

Race control - 8 judges sit and watch over 30 monitors in a race for drivers making illegal moves etc. Here they can control red/yellow/green flag alerts too. They wouldnt let me play with all those buttons sadly...

Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Re: Silverstone Trip Pics

Postby danr55 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Megaman wrote:Image

Ford Focus's are used for skid experiences.

you just couldnt fcuking help taking a picture of some shitty fords, could you?! :rofl:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Ferret WR1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Look like you had a cracking day! :thumb:

I've driven a Lotus Exige on a track and there one awesome car! :D
Ferret WR1

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Are they the new Tesco Focus shopping trolleys? :lol: :lol:

I couldn't see many buttons on that control panel, were you knocking one out as you took the photo?? :shock: :?
John Mc

Postby RobinSherwood » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:09 pm

[quote="Megaman"
Race control - 8 judges sit and watch over 30 monitors in a race for drivers making illegal moves etc. Here they can control red/yellow/green flag alerts too.
[/quote]

I am tempted to make a translation of that from a Team Principal's perspective but probably best not on a public forum! :wink:
RobinSherwood

Postby Megaman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:09 pm

danr55 wrote:
Megaman wrote:Ford Focus's are used for skid experiences.

you just couldnt fcuking help taking a picture of some shitty fords, could you?! :rofl:

It proves that the focus is a great long lasting car if they use them at silverstone. the fact that they have to put additional wheels on it to make it skid proves its well and truly planted on the road
:lol: :lol:
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Megaman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Are they the new Tesco Focus shopping trolleys? :lol: :lol:

I couldn't see many buttons on that control panel, were you knocking one out as you took the photo?? :shock: :?

Its Dans ex-iphone that was used to take the pics thus the quality of the pics ;)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Megaman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:13 pm

RobinSherwood wrote:I am tempted to make a translation of that from a Team Principal's perspective but probably best not on a public forum! :wink:

The guy showing us around said that it is the last place a driver wants to go as it normally means he has been pulled up on something. he also said that their idea of how things happen on the track via a camera doesnt always match a drivers view on an incident... :D
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Megaman wrote:he also said that their idea of how things happen on the track via a camera doesnt always match a drivers view on an incident... :D

is that where officials of FIA - Ferrari Internantional Assistance sit when look at giving extra points to Ferrari when they mess up?
John Mc

Postby danr55 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Megaman wrote:
John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:Are they the new Tesco Focus shopping trolleys? :lol: :lol:

Its Dans ex-iphone that was used to take the pics thus the quality of the pics ;)

leave my old phone out of it! :wink:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Megaman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 pm

LOL @ FIA :lol:

As for your old Iphone dan.. i dont know what you did whilst holding it but everything has always been blurry and jerky... has it tried to adjust for a certain hand action? ;)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Return to General Discussion