Login    Register

Japfest: Friday 19th May

Events with WR1s official and unofficial

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Japfest: Friday 19th May

Postby Houdini » Sat May 20, 2006 1:29 am

I think we had the best day. Nice and quiet, and plenty of track time - mostly interrupted, If you're there tomorrow then you're in for a fab time, but here's pics from today. There's more to follow from Dan, who will hopefully have the best set.

Brothers in Arms

Oh, the Crowds!! And what a display! Both of them turned up!

"Yes, I realise that now! Yes, it is very embarrasing indeed, but I'm due on the track shortly so how can I get my front door key out of the ignition barrel? Yes, it was an honest mistake. What do you mean, 'Is my house race-insured?'"

"I'm not getting in that car again until he fits some proper tyres!"
Houdini

Postby marky mark » Sun May 21, 2006 2:48 pm

Which one of you two did i exchange flashes with on the Fosse way just south of Stow-on-the-wold then, friday evening about 6.15????
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby Houdini » Sun May 21, 2006 6:46 pm

It was me :D Hooray, I've been spotted at last! :woohoo: :woohoo: Were you downhill in a P1 whilst I was on the uphill dual carriageway stretch to Stow trying to concentrate on keeping the car on the road? :twisted:

It's no wonder you couldn't tell - I'm so short most people don't realise anyone's driving the car at all. Wonderful at traffic lights really - look in the mirrors and you can see people trying to work out whether anyone's driving at all or whether they're following the world's largest remote-control Scoob :rofl:
Houdini

Postby marky mark » Sun May 21, 2006 7:40 pm

Yep, that was me in the P1. I was on the way down to relations in Swindon before going to japfest on the saturday.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby danr55 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:20 pm

ace pics!
I have a couple, and am still hoping to get some from the lady who was tkaing lots on the day. I'll get mine up when i've got a mo. also have a cool vid taken in my car following fraser for a lap 8) 8) 8)
danr55
Site Owner

Postby danr55 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:21 pm

p.s would someone spot me ?! :cry: :lol: :lol:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Houdini » Mon May 22, 2006 7:56 pm

danr55 wrote:ace pics!
I have a couple, and am still hoping to get some from the lady who was tkaing lots on the day. I'll get mine up when i've got a mo. also have a cool vid taken in my car following fraser for a lap 8) 8) 8)

:woohoo: Top Bloke! :thumb: Get them up, Dan!
Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon May 22, 2006 8:05 pm

danr55 wrote:p.s would someone spot me ?! :cry: :lol: :lol:

Consider yourself spotted, mate :ok: ....

'Oh, look there's another WR1 in front. He does seem to be driving fast! I'm sure everything's in control. Well now! That's something you don't see every day. Are we supposed to see the side of the car as we follow him? Why are the wheels pointed that way? Ah, he's pulling over onto the grass for a bit. Erm... why's he going onto the grass so fast? Is the car meant to spin like that?'

Oh, how I wish I had a camera mounted for you. A topper of a spin, and just showed how much fun we all had at Coombe. Did you notice the guy on the bank giving you a clap, Dan? Believe me, you are well and truly spotted 8)
Houdini

Return to Pictures of Events