Login    Register

WRC Technologies Rolling Road 18th June !

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
WRC Technologies Rolling Road 18th June !

Postby Chris B » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:29 pm

We have just got back from WRC Technologies at Silverstone and to say we are impressed, is a bit of an understatement. They are operational, but there is still some work to be done in the workshop and rolling road bay, so there are builders and all their stuff all over the place and they hope to be finished in a couple of weeks. We were given a guided tour by one of the partners whose name escapes me - sorry :( - (they have been on here to have a look at us) and then spoke to Chris Davies the other partner.
Their dyno is a state-of-the-art 4 wheel drive, can measure up to 2400bhp at the wheels, is adjustable for length and has up to the minute safety features. Apart from the huge fan at the front, they will test with the bonnet up with another fan directed straight at the intercooler. I think there are a total of 11 fans in the dyno bay during each run. When we arrived they had just had an ST1 8 on the rollers and a Nissan Sunny ready to go on. The printout you get is very comprehensive with several pages of very detailed information and graphs, they've even got a small unit that gives information on atmospheric conditions, humidity etc.
They are really keen to have the WR1oc there for a rolling road day and will get Japanese Performance Mag or Banzai to cover the event, so they want as many as possible there, (but not restricted to just WR1s of course :wink: Jason, Brian and whoever else)
Finally, the cost. Up to 12 cars -
Chris B

Postby jaycee » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:51 pm

Count me in Rosy! :D
jaycee

Postby chris » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:31 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm in the "Anyone" else camp as i should have a Forester from next week. I guess that will take about a month to run in.
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

WRC

Postby Weltmeister » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:39 pm

Hello Rosemary
Allan from WRC Tech here. Nice to meet you today and many thanks for your kind words.
I read with interest a thread on a RR day on 12th March and the BHP/Torque issues. All cars are set up "safe"from the factory i.e. too much fuel, too little boost, too little ignition. The figures supplied are usually Jap stds [lower than BS] and from an engine dyno with the test engine having no alternator, no aircon, 100 Octane fuel, massive intercooler, an ice cold test cell etc etc
At RR days the air refresh rate in the test cell is critical for the figures to be accurate and repeatable.
Read this from our web site, written by our Tech Dir Chris Davies, it may help explain somethings to those who were dissapointed.
http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/services-rolling-road-faq.htm

We check fluid levels and tyre pressures before a run.
Each car will be run until it provides 2 runs each within 1 BHP of each other.
On a WRC RR day we will measure and plot the following:-

Lambda
AFR
Boost Pressure
Inlet Temp
Tractive Force expressed as Torque
Extrapolated Flywheel BHP
BHP at the whees

Should owners wish it, we will gladly discuss / advise how they can then optimise their cars from wherever they are after the RR test.

Look forward to meeting you all

Regards

Allan & Chris
WRC Technologies
Weltmeister

Postby D3ave » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:44 pm

Im interested too,

And just a suggestion, its proberbly going to be getting into summer, how about making it over a couple of days when there is some F1 testing on at Silverstone,
I have heard from people who go that it is a good day and FREE.

Dave
D3ave

Postby Farls » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:55 pm

I would be up for this, just up the road from me 8)

Cheers

Paul
Farls

Postby chris » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:15 pm

It looks good. :D
chris

Postby jaycee » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:19 pm

D3ave wrote:Im interested too,

And just a suggestion, its proberbly going to be getting into summer, how about making it over a couple of days when there is some F1 testing on at Silverstone,
I have heard from people who go that it is a good day and FREE.

Dave

I like your way of thinking Dave! :D
jaycee

Postby mr optimax » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:09 pm

i'd be intrested in a month or two.
mr optimax

Postby chris » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:10 pm

Rolling Road Day 3?

I'll make sure i'll be up for this one!!! :lol:
chris

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:43 am

Sounds like a near Future Event folks. Not sure if many will be on the Rollers again though ? but as a Club it may make a great day out to give WRC Tech a visit.
The Geometry check sounds good. As i know the WR1s are not correct from the factory.
Brian

Postby jaycee » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:42 am

I reckon we could get 10 people on the rollers Brian.
jaycee

Postby Blobster » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Yep. And I'll be one of them.

Blobster :D
Ex owner. Now in an Ariel Atom 3 300.
Blobster

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:52 pm

I'm up for putting the Forester on the rollers, once we've got it and once it's been run in.

Might as well go for a geometry check whilst we're there.
chris

Postby stijoy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:22 pm

:lol: :lol: even i might be brave and put mine on this time :lol: :lol: sounds like it could be another weekend away :lol: :lol: jason did say about getting a load of wr1's and getting a good hotel and getting smashed over the weekend, looks like this could be the perfect thing to do, but seeing i work so many weekends, let's make sure i can get :lol: :lol: :lol: lets hope 283 can be rolling roaded. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stijoy

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:34 pm

It's got to happen sometime! :lol:
chris

Postby stijoy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:44 pm

what do you mean. :lol: :lol: :lol:
stijoy

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:45 pm

You've got to be tempted to put it on the rollers at some point to see its output. Curiosity and all that! :lol:
chris

Postby stijoy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes you know curiosity killed the cat, it might just kill my wr1 :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stijoy

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:51 pm

:lol:
chris

Postby stijoy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:54 pm

anyway, looking at a thread on wa***net, if they do the 2.5 next year, and a special comes out, you will be the first in the queue :lol: :lol: :lol:
stijoy

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:15 pm

mm the 2.5 they are slowly getting there, if only they put a 3.0 R Legacy in a imoreza that would be interesting, add a little turbo to boot and im sure they would be on too a winner........
Brian

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:19 pm

stijoy wrote:anyway, looking at a thread on wa***net, if they do the 2.5 next year, and a special comes out, you will be the first in the queue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe not first but in the que. I'll be back...

Well as long as i can find a use for one. :lol:

The special editions will always be easier to insure than the STi's with the PPP on.
chris

Postby jaycee » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:26 pm

I'll be looking at the 2.5 if it comes! :D

No bog down eh Brian?! :lol:
jaycee

Postby stijoy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:28 pm

sti with ppp, what a nightmare to insure :shock: :shock: bombay on sea what a joke, ppp insurance hell, wr1 so easy, bog standard subaru on in's computer's. :D :D :D
stijoy

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:29 pm

THe Forester has got NO bog down.

I think. It's been a couple of months since i've driven one. I'll keep you posted! :lol:
chris

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:32 pm

IVE TRIED THE 2.5 .... = still a bit boggy ;)

Like i say 3.0 .. Twin Turbo......... one day.... ;)
Brian

Postby stijoy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:35 pm

Brian wrote:IVE TRIED THE 2.5 .... = still a bit boggy ;)

twin turbo 3.0 now that would be a real white knuckle drive. bloody good fun so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stijoy

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:35 pm

Brian wrote:IVE TRIED THE 2.5 .... = still a bit boggy ;)

Are you really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sure that you've been pulling away in 1st not 2nd, Brian? :wink:
chris

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:36 pm

stijoy wrote:sti with ppp, what a nightmare to insure :shock: :shock: bombay on sea what a joke, ppp insurance hell, wr1 so easy, bog standard subaru on in's computer's. :D :D :D

I think the WR1 was
chris

Next

Return to ALL Events