Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Snetterton...again

Postby POESY » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Just booked up for Monday 2nd June.

£179 for full day, £109 for half day.

Open pit lane.

Tuition available on the day.

Anyone else fancy a blast round - excellent track for a big bhp + big brake evo or scoob, think my little megane is going to struggle tbh :cry: .

But hay, itll be fun :D
POESY

Postby Houdini » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:38 pm

That might work really well for me! Probably a half day would be best to allow me to get over there in the morning for an afternoon session. Who is it booked through? Also, Robin is racing at Snetterton the following weekend with the G50 (7/8 June) so there's an outside chance he might look at this too.
Houdini

Postby POESY » Thu May 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Well looks like fraz is gona made it, all good, fingers crossed for you fella.

The attendees from our little group so far look like being;

1. poesy + shell - R26

2. hus + caz - evo 6

3. adam - FQ400

4. fraz + ?? - racing car

5. ross - CTR

6. little rob (gangsta) - new sti

7. BIG rob - old sti

C'mon folks, looks like being a good un. Be ace to see some more of you there :D
POESY

Postby RobinSherwood » Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Ok I've booked on as well. We will have been testing there for 2 days on the 23/24 May so if there is demand could fit the passenger seat and offer rides in the race car (for some sort of charge) for this trackday.

1. poesy + shell - R26

2. hus + caz - evo 6

3. adam - FQ400

4. fraz + ?? - racing car

5. ross - CTR

7. BIG rob - old sti

8 Robin - G50 with Tom driving
RobinSherwood

Postby POESY » Thu May 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Youd have to check with circuit-days before doing that i recon.

Anyway, most folk there will have their own cars and will be paying enough for the day already tbh.

I will pay for a run in huss' evo though - 645bhp, 590lbft :shock: - if it actually makes it this time !! Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to finally meeting you and tim though robin :thumb:
POESY

Postby RobinSherwood » Thu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm

POESY wrote:Youd have to check with circuit-days before doing that i recon.

Anyway, most folk there will have their own cars and will be paying enough for the day already tbh.

I will pay for a run in huss' evo though - 645bhp, 590lbft :shock: - if it actually makes it this time !! Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to finally meeting you and tim though robin :thumb:

Yes will be good to meet you too!

As it is Tom's local circuit we will mainly be looking to give any potential local sponsors a run out in the car and I can't imagine the organisers will turn away people wanting to pay to register as passengers and from what I can see this is fairly common practice with other teams.

We ran the G50 at the MLR track day at Cadwell the Friday before we raced there and the G50 lapped faster than any of the Evo's that were there 8)

The G50's are so fast that it looks like they will be restricted in GT4 as the GT4 Aston's are miffed at being thrashed by a car costing 1/3 the price :lol:
RobinSherwood

Postby Houdini » Thu May 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Yep, I'm in :D Will call you later, Neil.

1. poesy + shell - R26

2. hus + caz - evo 6

3. adam - FQ400

4. fraz - Rocky the Racing Rover

5. ross - CTR

7. BIG rob - old sti

8 Robin - G50 with Tom driving
Houdini

Postby POESY » Fri May 02, 2008 8:34 am

Couple more;

1. poesy + shell - R26

2. hus + caz - evo 6

3. adam - FQ400

4. fraz - Rocky the Racing Rover

5. ross - CTR

7. BIG rob - old sti

8. Robin - G50 with Tom driving

9. lee - sti

10. james - SR4
POESY

Postby Houdini » Fri May 02, 2008 2:41 pm

Blimey! This is becoming a big event! Really looking forward to this :woohoo:
Houdini

Postby POESY » Tue May 06, 2008 9:47 am

Final list ;

1. poesy + shell - R26 - booked

2. hus + caz - evo 6 - booked

3. fraz - Rocky the Racing Rover - booked

4. adam - exige - booked

5. Robin - G50 with Tom driving - already booked

6. PPOnline - Evo 5 - booked

Still places left for anyone interested - circuit-days.com
POESY

Postby RobinSherwood » Fri May 30, 2008 10:08 am

As the gearbox is out of the G50 (we lost 5th gear testing at Snetterton at the end of last week) and the priority is to have the box back in for the pre race weekend test at Snetterton on the 5th.....

I will either take my Spec D, but if anyone is thinking of coming to this at the last moment let me know as I have paid for this and may or may not use it.

Whichever Tom and I will be there with Fraser and Rocky.
RobinSherwood

Postby Houdini » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:00 am

Oh, what a promising day it was going to be. But, shadows were to befall one or two of us. A great day, all in all, but I think most of us scraped by on a wing and a prayer. In fact, there's a couple of us still scraping :cry:

Robin, Tom and I elected to travel to Snetterton the night before as we had to chug along in a truck with Rocky in the back (where we spotted Dynamix enroute. Poesy and his missus also stayed up too, but as it transpired we were too late to see them on the Sunday night.

Sunday did not start well. Without going into the details of the problems Robin faced ( :shock: ) we ended up leaving around 5PM to head for the track. This was after the challenge of getting Rocky the Racing Rover ready after the problems we had at Mallory. On went new front hub assembly, wheel bearing, radiator fan etc and we were just about OK to race. Fluids and spanner work completed and off we set.

All went well till just after Snetterton, on our way to the hotel in Norwich when the race truck decided it didn't really like the tyre it had on. Loud thumps and bangs ensued amidst much cries of 'Oh F*ck!' and we careered to a halt after good driving by Robin. We had lost an outer skin on one of the rear tyres which had also shattered the belly box on the truck, scaterring contents hither and thither. More amazingly, the flaying rubber had bent the solid steel of the mudguard up, on, and around the remaining tyres.

Not looking good, we limped to a safe place and got the truck fixed, including some very industrial equipment to sort out the tyre and cut away the mudguard. Arrived at the hotel at 11PM and decided a few beers were in order.

Up early next morning and off to the circuit. Would you believe it!? As we passed the scene of the preceeding night's incident on the opposing carriageway we have another incident of our own, losing a fan belt in exactly the same place :shock:

Finally making it the circuit we started to prep Rocky whilst others got about the business of enjoying their track day. New pads went on, brakes were bled, passenger seat and harness were fitted, race seat was prepped for me, fuel goes in, and we're off!!

I only do a few laps and come in, just to make sure the car is holding together. There are perennial problems with Turbo bolts loosening and these are tightened again.

Then Tom drives round.

Oh My F*cking God!!!

I used to hate Snetterton as I couldn't get used to it. That's all changed now. A couple of laps with Tom showed me how bloody brilliant this circuit can be. I would brake on the back straight pretty late (on a 3-2-1 marker board system). Tom brakes after the 1 marker board!! :shock: :shock:

Sadly it was all to come to a brief shuddering halt. Huss had a few problems which closed the track for a while, then Rocky had problems of his own, loosing all boost. Well, that was the end of the day really, and there was nothing for it but to protect the car, pack up, and go home.

Laps completed: 6
Cost per lap: £115

Not happy :evil: :evil:

A few snaps....

'Oh Dear! What have I done? Why on earth did I ever agree to go to Snetterton?' Robin reflects an on a pretty crap day

But happily Tom still seems pumped at the idea of more racing

... and here's what caused us to miss an early beer in the hotel. Note the missing belly box (plus all its contents!) plus a rather bent mud guard

'I don't care how good a racing driver you are. It's late. I'm tired. We're stuck here. Find me some chips. I don't care if you have to cross a dual carriageway in front of a speeding ambulance to do it, but get the chips!'

Rocky gets some TLC

... and some more TLC

... and then the b*gger breaks down :(

... and Huss has a few problems with his monster Evo too :(

... which is not a problem as he leaves to demonstrate how a six-foot person can still be made to look like the same size as an i-Pod. Tuner's, eh?! Pah!

Great to see everyone there. We had eleven souls in attendance in all, and a great atmosphere despite the problems.

Looking forward to the next one :thumb:
Houdini

Postby dynamix » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:52 am

Sorry it didnt work out as you planned :(

I love that track.

I am running a track evening there on the 19th June if you are up for it?
Duncan : www.racedynamix.com
email: duncan@racedynamix.com
tel: 07540 185754
Custom Remaps for: All Impreza/Forester 2001-2010 | Classics 92-96 (ESL) | Syvecs (Solaris) | Simtek
dynamix

Postby POESY » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 am

It was such a good day out. Great bunch of folks we had with us which was fantastic and that made the day for me.

Driving wise the meg struggled on the 2 long straights but otherwise performed well on the day. TBH i think the misses enjoyed driving it more than me, which is fine because while she did i managed to blagg a good few rides in some awesome pieces of kit.

My favourite, by miles, was the Exige S, what a machine and driver. Passing race prepped cars that came on the back of a trailer in a road car that drove the was :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately i was lined up for a run in rocky just as he lost all boost. Shame because he looked quick when out on track. Hopefully next time fraz. Nice that the porka came along in the end - love the sound of those things. The evo raised a few eyebrows on the pit wall with its immense speed down the straight. So much so one of the instructors actually asked for a ride!! Gearbox issues sidelined it mid morning though :cry:

Great to meet Tom, spot on fella :thumb: and a BIG thanks to everyone who came and made the day what it was. Pleasure to be around people like that and we WILL do another soon. Donnington seems favourite - watch this space.
POESY

Return to ALL Events