Login    Register

Croft Racing Circuit - Monday 26th May

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Croft Racing Circuit - Monday 26th May

Postby Houdini » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Held on Spring Bank Holiday, this event is planned to span a couple of nights if you wish.

Agenda:

Saturday 24th May - Arrive at Darlington and get drunk
Sunday 25th May - Stay drunk
Monday 26th May - Sober up and race, then make your way home

Darlington is renowned for its nightlife so we should fit in quite nicely! You can opt for a long or short stay or just turn up for the track - it's entirely your choice.

The track event is being offered through our friends at BookaTrack. Link to the calendar -> http://bookatrack.com/-pE.

The cost of the track event is £175, payable through BookaTrack. This includes the cost of a second driver if you wish. Additional drivers thereafter cost £50.

Please not the circuit is limited to 98dB

We'll need to look into accommodation which can be done shortly. I know Robin is at Croft today and I'll pick his brains over hotel. More details on this part to follow shortly.

Please do feel free to turn up and spectate if you prefer. All are welcome.
Details of the track layout and directions are here -> http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/circfac.php
Houdini

Postby POESY » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 am

Tell you what fraz - could well be up for this.

Let me do Marham on the 12 of April and if all is well after that then ill get signed up. Ill mention it to Huss, doing Marham with him, but I dont think his car has a catinhells chance of being anywhere near 98db!!

Probably come up on the sunday night tbh.

Oh, the misses will want to come + drive - that ok?

My cousin my be interested too - ill work on him.

Nothing deffo at this stage matey, but lets see what happens. You taking the race car 8) Can I have a go :lol: :wink:
POESY

Postby Houdini » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:33 am

POESY wrote:Tell you what fraz - could well be up for this.

Let me do Marham on the 12 of April and if all is well after that then ill get signed up. Ill mention it to Huss, doing Marham with him, but I dont think his car has a catinhells chance of being anywhere near 98db!!

Probably come up on the sunday night tbh.

Oh, the misses will want to come + drive - that ok?

My cousin my be interested too - ill work on him.

Nothing deffo at this stage matey, but lets see what happens. You taking the race car 8) Can I have a go :lol: :wink:

Good stuff, matey. Sounds loike a plan. The missus is more than welcome - just register her as your free second driver when you register on BaT.

Yes, I'm planing on taking the race car, and this will probably be the first outing where all three of us owners will be together for a track event, so we will have to pay extra. I'd be happy for you to drive it, but would obviously need their permission.

I'd really like Robin to attend this one too. Would be great if we could gt Tom Dunstan along! :woohoo: :woohoo:
Houdini

Postby RobinSherwood » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi there,

The only snag with this date is 26th May is Scoobyshootout and Tom wants to see if he can do better than he did last year and put my Spec D further up the order on the handling circuit than it has any right to be (like last year 8) ).

So it will be hard though not impossible to bring the race car and the Scooby as I would need someone to drive the tow car and someone to drive the Scoob........

Have to see what I can sort out

Robin
RobinSherwood

Postby Houdini » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:28 pm

We'll work it out somehow. I'm sure there will be enough hands to help, especially if the other two drivers for the Rover come along.
Houdini

Postby RobinSherwood » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:47 pm

One further possible complication, the Rockingham British GT round is that date and it is about the only meeting at which the G50 Championship is not a support race. There is a small possibility, assuming I am not bankrupt by then :cry: , we might try and enter the car in the GT4 class in British GT - this would of course rule us out for this completely. Things against this happening are I don't like Rockingham and the chances of finding a suitably funded driver to share the car with Tom!
RobinSherwood

Postby Houdini » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 pm

RobinSherwood wrote:One further possible complication, the Rockingham British GT round is that date and it is about the only meeting at which the G50 Championship is not a support race. There is a small possibility, assuming I am not bankrupt by then :cry: , we might try and enter the car in the GT4 class in British GT - this would of course rule us out for this completely. Things against this happening are I don't like Rockingham and the chances of finding a suitably funded driver to share the car with Tom!

Tricky! :? I guess it comes down to ROI. I don't like Rockingham either, and I don't know many who do. Rockingham always looks like it is poorly attended, but then you could swallow a herd of elephants in those stands and not notice them being any fuller :roll: Is British GT being televised this year? I haven't seen it in any listings, and I'm not aware of Hayfisher having the contract for it this year. If it's being televised then it's a no-brainer - you have to be at Rockingham. If it's not then it makes the decision more difficult, I guess. How long will it be before you know what you're going to do?
Houdini

Postby Megaman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Would an RB320 be able to gate crash this event i.e. my father in law if i decided to pop along? Also i take it wives etc are all welcome and that there is something for them to do?

PS if so then i need to get my WR1 running quicker than a RB320 before the event on general principal... ;)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Houdini » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 pm

Megaman wrote:Would an RB320 be able to gate crash this event i.e. my father in law if i decided to pop along? Also i take it wives etc are all welcome and that there is something for them to do?

PS if so then i need to get my WR1 running quicker than a RB320 before the event on general principal... ;)

The RB320 is most definitely welcome, Mega. There's no gate-crashing involved as there will doubtless be a ton of other stuff going around too - the key thing is to register, really. Wives are strongly encouraged, and are always made most welcome throughout the weekend. We can't promise them much apart from cars and testosterone-filled blokes, but we will provide sandwiches :wink: :lol: Joking apart, the gals will not be a million miles away from the Metro Centre at Newcastle so some shopping can be done. In fact.. probably more than you would wish :shock:

Start with step 1. Get your name down. I will look at hotels closer to the date but you're welcome to do some digging with me. Cheers :D
Houdini

Postby Megaman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Houdini wrote:Joking apart, the gals will not be a million miles away from the Metro Centre at Newcastle so some shopping can be done. In fact.. probably more than you would wish :shock:

This track day may be more expensive than i originally thought then!! :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Houdini » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Megaman wrote:
Houdini wrote:Joking apart, the gals will not be a million miles away from the Metro Centre at Newcastle so some shopping can be done. In fact.. probably more than you would wish :shock:

This track day may be more expensive than i originally thought then!! :)

Hotel - £100
Fuel - £100
Track cost - £170
Wife's shopping - £42,999
Taking the RB320 round Croft - Priceless :D :D :D
Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:30 pm

My name is taken off the list for this event. We will be looking to do Croft on an alternative date as the orgainsers have changed the format of this event from open pit lane to sessions only, but kept the same price, thus it is far less value for your hard-earned cash.
Houdini

Return to ALL Events