Login    Register

Worcesterball Run - Saturday 19th July

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Worcesterball Run - Saturday 19th July

Postby Houdini » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Placeholder for the Worcesterball Run. We'll update this once more details are known about how the event will be run, but last year was a treasure hunt with fast cars and a serious amount of hilarity. This is always well-attended and we're lucky enough to have one of the organisers (Micktyper) as one of our members. I'm definitely doing this one!! 8) 8)
Last edited by Houdini on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Houdini

Postby danr55 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:56 pm

sounds good, Mick please could you add some more info to this thread?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Micktype WR1 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:41 pm

...............................The Worcesterball Run...................................

UPDATE***************UPDATE****************UPDATE************

..........WJPC have tonight fixed the date as SAT 19th JULY........
........Cost £25 each--yep that's £50 for driver plus Navigator.........

To apply, visit www.wjpc.co.uk Theres a paypal account been opened.

The starting point and finishing venue will be the same as last year
Start :- NEMESIS. Gates open from 8am for a 10am start.
Buntsford Hill Business Park, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 3DX,
They have offered us their facilities to start us off.
THE THREE PEARS at Wainwright Way Warndon, Worcester WR4 9FA will be the finish point AND the venue for the AfterParty. There's hotel accommodation on the same site at the Premier Inn. Just search for The Three Pears and you'll find all info and phone numbers there. If you don't want to drive home around midnight on the Sat, GET BOOKING.

When people ask me "What's it all about ?" I describe it as a sort of Treasure Hunt (with speed). I play the speed bit down for obvious reasons. The treasure hunt element is important for runners to gain points as they run, making scoring at the end less of a lottery. Last year we deducted points for each time a "sherriff" caught you within plate reading distance..... It's all done in..."The Best PoSSSible Taste !!!". There's definately NO prize for first one home, You wont be able to plan your route as it's only given to you on the start line. We'll give each navigator sufficient info to get the driver round ( your own map or Sat Nav is recc.)
We'll plot some filling stations along the route. (last year I even arranged with the manageress of one station to be on duty between certain hours awaiting the "pit stops !!" hehe.....that was a bit manic as we filled the forecourt just when as police car pulled in. No trouble tho ! Total mileage will be approx 230-250 miles. We'll have a lunchtime stop off point, we might even have a second stopping point if there's a suitable spot for photos, fuel etc ??? Dont really know yet but heh! you've got SOME idea of what it's about now.
Last year we ran round Mid and South Wales.........Previous year was Worcs, Herefordshire, Gloucs and the "mock start" was filmed by BBC Midlands Today. I've found a link for it here:-

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=5363983

There's a £10 ea reduction for those simply wanting to do the run.I would add though, that it's a real shame if you can't make the party!!!!! OH, and if you're not at the party presentation then sorry but you won't be eligible for any prizes. Top prize last year was a drive in a Lambo at a track somewhere.... in addition to the fabulous Worcesterball trophy.The year before was a day's tuition in Drifting.

That's about it for now..........apart from showing you the new flyer...Only finished tonight, so hot off the press !!!

Oh...... The end of the run is usually about 5- 6 pm with the party/disco/buffet starting at 7pm. The cost is included in your entrance fee....

**EDIT 17th March *******

DUE TO THE POPULARITY OF THIS EVENT, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PRINT YOURSELF AN ENTRY FORM AND GET PAYING AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. Entries are already coming in from our friends at South West Scoobies. Ive told WJPC that we should have about 5 entries from here so let's show them that we mean to take up a serious stance and get paying before half of WJPC send in their applications.
Last edited by Micktype WR1 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Micktype WR1

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:32 pm

I may be up for this, is the £25 each for charity ?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Houdini » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:37 am

Thread title updated to reflect the new start date :D
Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:41 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:I may be up for this, is the £25 each for charity ?

Seeing as the 1.5Racing probably won't cut the mustard and our Tomcat isn't road legal, I'll be happy to be a navigator if I can have somebody else with a suitably powerful car to drive. Pasty, I'm up for this still. Fancy a co-pilot :wink: :wink:
Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:44 am

Mick, the link to wjpc isn't working :?
Houdini

Postby Micktype WR1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Houdini wrote:Mick, the link to wjpc isn't working :?

sorry..I only went and put a full stop after wjpc

:oops:
so it works again on www.wjpc.co.uk
Last edited by Micktype WR1 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micktype WR1

Postby triplezoney » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Link updated by Mick!

It's http://www.wjpc.co.uk

The £25 entry fee goes towards Club funds as WJPC does not charge Members a fee to join. This is how we keep the club running. Although, we are looking into Sponsoring cars with the profits going to Sunfield http://www.sunfield.org.uk/

:)
triplezoney

Postby Micktype WR1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:03 am

triplezoney wrote:Link updated by Mick!

It's http://www.wjpc.co.uk

The £25 entry fee goes towards Club funds as WJPC does not charge Members a fee to join. This is how we keep the club running. Although, we are looking into Sponsoring cars with the profits going to Sunfield http://www.sunfield.org.uk/

:)

NOW I'm being watched !!!! TRIPLEZONEY has joined the forum.......

(I must send him a "welcome" pm suggesting that he, Newbie introduces himself properly..... ) hehehe :lol:
Micktype WR1

Postby WR 1mposter » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 am

Just seen the date 2 weeks before spa :roll:

sorry fellas no can do !
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Houdini » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:49 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Just seen the date 2 weeks before spa :roll:

sorry fellas no can do !

That's a real pity, but I understand, mate :cry:

Spike, you can only see out of one eye anyway - fancy tripling your chances?
Houdini

Postby Micktype WR1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm

My original post has been updated with a reminder to GET your entry in and download the application form before the places fill up too quickly. We should get about 5 from here ???? Is that right ?
Micktype WR1

Postby Houdini » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 am

That seems a fair number, Mick. Probably 5 max from here (people rather than cars - probably 3+ vehicles)
Houdini

Worcester Ball

Postby Mac-1 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Met up with WJPC and South West Scoobies yesterday. Booked my place and paid my money.

Not to sure about the afterball party yet, is there anybody from WR1OC going, if so you need to get names down and pay sooner rather than later.
Mac-1

Re: Worcester Ball

Postby EVO 3695 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 pm

Mac-1 wrote:Met up with WJPC and South West Scoobies yesterday. Booked my place and paid my money.

Not to sure about the afterball party yet, is there anybody from WR1OC going, if so you need to get names down and pay sooner rather than later.

Got my name down all paid up :thumb: Still looking for a co-pilot Steve,there could be someone on here my PRECIOUS !!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny:
EVO 3695

Return to ALL Events