Login    Register

WR1OC Events Management

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
WR1OC Events Management

Postby Houdini » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:13 am

Well, this is all a bit scary! Having now accepted a role within the club as events coordinator it is behest on me to do something positive that shows the club in a good light whilst keeping our members occupied and happy.

Let's be honest - I won't always succeed. In fact, I am bound to make many mistakes along the way, and I'll need your help to tell me where I'm going wrong. Equally, though, where something works well I need to know about that too, as we'll need to make sure we keep doing all the right stuff that makes our site good fun to visit and participate in for all registered WR1OC members.

I'd like to let you know what the plans are. Before I do, there's one very important piece of information to impart:

I am an Events Coordinator. I am not necessarily an Events Organiser. This means that I will do all I can to support agreed events but I will still rely on members to organise and administer any events they wish to see included

Oo-er! Sounds a bit formal, eh? In any case, what does that mean? Well, it means that I take a role amongst us all that acts as a conduit to ensure we have clear communication about what's going to happen, your options as a member concerning events, and act as a single point of contact where there is need for greater information.

So, what are the plans? Well, each part of a wide plan to keep cheesy grins on each member's face requires considerable work and there is much to do, but I do believe in telling people what's being thought. After all, why develop a magical toy for a desire that might not exist? Each of these items will need your thought and input when you have the time.

There is a rough timeline on each, and each will get its own thread in due course so please do not respond here.
Just PM me if you need anything.

1) The WR1OC Events Calendar. This will probably be a labour of love and without doubt the hardest and most time-consuming element being considered. The need for this centres around the desire by members to have a balanced set of events throughout the year that caters for track work, show'n'shine, plus national and international events. The calendar needs to be agreed in advance and is driven (ahem!) by the need to know about great events with more than a couple of weeks notice so you can plan your own time effectively. The first step will be to work towards a calendar for 2008 and I'll need your help making it realistic and committed-to.

2) The WR1OC Events Fund A radical idea that acts a savings scheme for events. Details to follow soon.

3)The WR1OC Weekend Break An internet site is great, but true friendship comes from the meeting of like-minded people enjoying themselves and forgetting the normal stresses of their everyday lives. These will not be tyre-kicking, horsepower-challenging exercises. Instead, they should be designed to package human time together with the WR1's as a central bonus.

I'll keep you up to date on each element as we move forwards.
Houdini

Postby Rosy B » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 am

:bow: :bow: :bow: Great ideas Fraser sounds really exciting (should I be getting excited about this or am I a bit weird?) No one will have the excuse anymore that they "didn't see the thread" so hopefully more people will be able to attend the events
Rosy B

Postby jimbo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:15 am

well said houdini and very good ideas, i will help where i can :thumb:
jimbo

WR1

Postby Mac-1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:30 am

Good start Frazer, :thumb:
Mac-1

Postby WR1 WOZA » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Well done Fraser i sure that if theres only one person who can sort this out ! Your the man :!: :thumb:
Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Postby Houdini » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Thanks all, and I sensed no weirdness at all :wink:

I've been squirrelling away at a couple of things which still require a bit more digging, so please bear with me.

More events posts in the next couple of days to come.
Houdini

Postby dynamix » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 am

Good luck Fraser.

Have you thought about adding the calendar modification to the website so that these can be shown all together?

Its quite an easy mod to put in place.
Duncan : www.racedynamix.com
email: duncan@racedynamix.com
tel: 07540 185754
Custom Remaps for: All Impreza/Forester 2001-2010 | Classics 92-96 (ESL) | Syvecs (Solaris) | Simtek
dynamix

Postby POESY » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Nice one fraz.

Dont forget the monthly scooby cruise to southend for all of us in the southeast.

And im planning a trip to Glasgow in october, could take the car if anyone is likely to be around for a bit of a get together ??
POESY

Postby danr55 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:42 pm

dynamix wrote:Good luck Fraser.

Have you thought about adding the calendar modification to the website so that these can be shown all together?

Yes, we have, and will be talking to you about this soon!! :wink: :wink:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Houdini » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:39 pm

dynamix wrote:Good luck Fraser.

Thanks, Duncan. :thumb: As Dan said, we had a natter about this and I don't think we could really manage this easily without the modification! There has to be something visual we can pin against. How soon could this be done?
Houdini

Return to ALL Events