Login    Register

Xmas Meet (SCOTLAND) 27th/28th/29th

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Xmas Meet (SCOTLAND) 27th/28th/29th

Postby Houdini » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Separate thread started for the Scottish version of the WR1OC pre-New Year runaround.

Suggested plan is choose the date (please indicate preference) and choose a run. So far the idea is to go to Loch Lomond and do a bit of a tour + find somewhere nice for a spot of grub. Bring your cameras :D

Anyone interested?

1) Houdini
2) Poesy
3) Dan???
4)
5)
6)
Houdini

Postby danr55 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:32 pm

although i'd love to cruise all the way to scotland i have a feeling i already know what Jen will say ! :rofl:
danr55
Site Owner

Re: Xmas Meet (SCOTLAND) 27th/28th/29th

Postby POESY » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:33 pm

Separate thread started for the Scottish version of the WR1OC pre-New Year runaround.

Suggested plan is choose the date (please indicate preference) and choose a run. So far the idea is to go to Loch Lomond and do a bit of a tour + find somewhere nice for a spot of grub. Bring your cameras :D

Anyone interested?

1) Houdini
2) Poesy - 27th + Loch Lommond
3)
4)
5)
6)
POESY

Postby Houdini » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:44 pm

Looks like it's just you and me, Neil. I'll give you a buzz as I'm offline now till the New Year.
Houdini

Postby POESY » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Spoke to fraser yesterday. We'll be going for a blast around loch lommomd on the 27th if anyone interested. Should make for some nice photo ops.
POESY

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:53 pm

POESY wrote:Spoke to fraser yesterday. We'll be going for a blast around loch lommomd on the 27th if anyone interested. Should make for some nice photo ops.

8)
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby danr55 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:40 pm

look forward to seeing the pics :wink: :wink: :wink:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby POESY » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:27 am

Got some nice pics - will post next week when back to normal.

What a drive, the roads are just so much more interesting and enjoyable up north, lovely scenery and places to park :shock: Fair few speed cameras in Glasgow though !!!
POESY

Postby danr55 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:33 am

:woohoo:

cant wait to see the pics :lol: :lol:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby Houdini » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:02 am

Well, it all started out nice and clean. In fact, it was shiny, thanks to Poesy and Adam 8) 8)

And then we had the run up to Scotland (seperately, though). We would have cleaned the cars but the absence of large amounts of limescale in the water put us off from testing out the joys of soft rain on polished metal, so we just left them caked in kak.

WHEN'S THE NEXT SCOTLAND MEET?!! GOTTA BE DONE! This was fcukin' brilliant. Imagine a convoy heading up the west coast taking in the scenery, perhaps cut across the Forth for a track outing at Knockhill, then back across to the West for some fun on some of the best roads in the world, and maybe take in an island or two in the process. Priceless fun! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

This is our meet in Glasgow on Boxing Day, erring on dusk. I nearly binned it just keeping up, and ended up seriously sideways on the way into the city centre following the Evo. Ironically, I was advised to take it easy leaving on the slip road to join the M8 eastwards again as it was a bit greasy (little did you know, matey... little did you know :shock: )

Before we met up I took a wrong turning and after parking up I had to stand at a major junction to catch Poesy before he sped over the junction instead of turning left to meet me on a one-way street. I was worried I might miss him as you couldn't see the cars till they were literally crossing the junction. I needn't have bothered. I heard him coming from a mile away - the most gorgeous exhaust note!

So I was well prepared to act like a snow angel standing up, and thankfully even my diminutive height was no obstacle and we parked up for a few shots prior to the ULTIMATE posers cruise through Glasgow city centre on Boxing Day at the height of the sales. People everywhere! I've never felt so silly, elated, and middle-aged teenager all at the same time. Poesy was in front with me behind as we carved our way through the shoppers, and I've never seen so many jaws drop. With windows open, the noise from both our cars reverberated off the buildings so loudly it felt like we were going through a tunnel. Heads snapped round to follow us wherever we travelled and even caused one poor wee woman to literally drop her shopping. It was FAB!!!!

Parked round the corner from the library..

You couldn't take the cars away without taking in some culture! :wink: ..

The muckiest shade of white I've ever seen. In fact, is this now Magnolia?

Full on. In yer face. No wonder people pull over when you approach them from behind at warp speed 8)

My fave arty shot, though I'm sure Poesy's will be miles better than mine.
Houdini

Postby danr55 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:56 am

great pics, and it sounds like you had lots of fun :thumb: 8) 8) 8)
danr55
Site Owner

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:23 pm

Looks like you had fun-more stories from Mr Fraser 8)

Where's poesys pics?
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby POESY » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Superb fraser, superb. My broadband is off at home at present so cant get me photos up till next week :cry:

The run through Glasgow city centre was truely fantastic - same time next year :wink:

Looks like ive got a fair bit of cleaning to do this weekend - its even dirtier after the journey home :shock:
POESY

Postby Houdini » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:12 am

Excellent! I can't wait for your photos since yours are much better than mine, I know 8) 8)

Same time next year? Why wait? I'd love to do something this year instead :rofl:

Summer run before Spa?
Houdini

Return to ALL Events