Login    Register

Bruntingthorpe

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Postby Rosy B » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:09 pm

My favourite ride of the day was a 30 year+ e-type. I've always had a soft spot for the e-type and for a car that old we still managed to clock up 100mph on the straight. The old guy who owns it is probably 60+ too, so all due respect to him.
Rosy B

Postby Robocop » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:14 pm

marky mark wrote:If you exit the last bend 10mph faster then all other things equal (and assuming the car is not maxed out) a lot of that extra speed will still be with you at the end.

Dont forget that as well as having over 400 BHP my car is 200 odd KG lighter than a WR1 and still a lot lighter tha a spec C. It would show over 150 every lap on the speedo, which is low 140's true speed

I'd agree with what you're saying above.

I was rather cautious coming out of the last bend onto the main straight, not because of not being able to, but in all honesty, in an attempt to preserve my tyres.

The SECS monitor, which reads its speed direct from the ECU (and is very accurate as I checked it using GPS) peaked at 134mph.

All in all a fab day out and rather than looking at further mods, I'm looking at getting hold of another set of wheels/tyres. :)
Robocop

Postby mick c » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:34 pm

It sounds a must have for the track day game, I wonder if santa can get them on his sleigh, I'll have to write him a letter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mick c

Previous

Return to ALL Events