Login    Register

THE RING

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
THE RING

Postby hotshoes » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:39 pm

has there been an organised trip yet with this club,.myself and son of hotshoes really want to go.anyone interested.?if not is there a bigger scooby club that does go.?
Hotshoes
Car number 193
hotshoes

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:35 pm

My local Scoob owners club aqre arranging one for next year

http://www.southwestscoobies.org.uk/ you'll find it in here
but you have to register :thumb:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:36 pm

Remain of the opinion that a scoob is a RALLY car and not a track car. Still interested. When is it ? (hopefully before I need to hand this one in. Wouldn't mind ragging it well one last time before handing it back to those tw@ts of Subaru Finance :angel:)
The Swede

Postby chris » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:43 pm

I'd be interested if we could do one mid to late summer 2006.
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby The Swede » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:56 pm

What's mid or late summer ? that's the difference between 15 and 30 june for me.
The Swede

Postby POESY » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:28 am

I'd love a trip round the 'ring - June sometime would suit me.
POESY

Postby danr55 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:07 pm

i'm interested too....
danr55
Site Owner

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:15 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:My local Scoob owners club aqre arranging one for next year

http://www.southwestscoobies.org.uk/ you'll find it in here
but you have to register :thumb:

Were going in late September early October if your up
for it :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby POESY » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:55 pm

Think me and my bro are going to head there 2nd week in July - anyone interested ?
POESY

Postby WRX bankrupt » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi Guys... I know I've not been posting for a long time, merely lurking.

I'm very interested in a trip to the RING. In fact I'm thinking of possibly a couple of trips, although I've never been before. I was consideing one before summer and one late summer. I've wanted to take a trip to the Nurbugring since I had my first Impreza in the late nineties but never actually got round to it. In fact if they sold the public access tickets online over a secure link I would probably have bought by now just to give me more incentive to go.

I WILL be going some time this year just a matter of finding an appropriate few days where work is slack and the access days are on.

:D
WRX bankrupt

Postby Houdini » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:31 pm

Crossroads garage at Tredington normally organises two trips like this per year, one in Spring and one in Autumn. Itinerary is normally depart from Warwick Services on the M40 and follow en-masse to the chunnel. Each car has a radio so you can slag off everyone else's driving. Train over then a sprint to Spa for overnight stay. Following morning is a high-spirited run to the 'ring, then laps as arranged. Return back to Spa for another overnight stay, then following day is all day round the Spa circuit before the long drive back.

Takes three days out of your schedule, and costs a few hundred quid, but worth every penny. Hotel was very good too, and right in the heart of town. I did one of these trips last year, and almost managed to come back in one piece :oops: They normally take their own track car for some 'extra' fun, and full breakdown facilities (truck, trailer etc). They'll also have a couple of mechanics there for the duration to replace all those hot and melted engine bits if you need.

I can find out more if anyone wants, but the best bet is to call Crossroads if you're interested as numbers tend to swell rapidly!
Houdini

Postby Gee Wr1 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:37 pm

WR1TE-OFF wrote:Crossroads garage at Tredington normally organises two trips like this per year, one in Spring and one in Autumn. Itinerary is normally depart from Warwick Services on the M40 and follow en-masse to the chunnel. Each car has a radio so you can slag off everyone else's driving. Train over then a sprint to Spa for overnight stay. Following morning is a high-spirited run to the 'ring, then laps as arranged. Return back to Spa for another overnight stay, then following day is all day round the Spa circuit before the long drive back.

Takes three days out of your schedule, and costs a few hundred quid, but worth every penny. Hotel was very good too, and right in the heart of town. I did one of these trips last year, and almost managed to come back in one piece :oops: They normally take their own track car for some 'extra' fun, and full breakdown facilities (truck, trailer etc). They'll also have a couple of mechanics there for the duration to replace all those hot and melted engine bits if you need.

I can find out more if anyone wants, but the best bet is to call Crossroads if you're interested as numbers tend to swell rapidly!

Sounds well organised & the way to do it.
The Ring is defo on my "Must Do" list.

Must have done around 50-60 laps of the Ring now & Got the track memorised, Best lap time i've done
so far is 5:57 :D ...
Don't you just love Gran Turismo 4 :lol:
Gee Wr1

Postby hotshoes » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:52 pm

WR1TE-OFF wrote:Crossroads garage at Tredington normally organises two trips like this per year, one in Spring and one in Autumn. Itinerary is normally depart from Warwick Services on the M40 and follow en-masse to the chunnel. Each car has a radio so you can slag off everyone else's driving. Train over then a sprint to Spa for overnight stay. Following morning is a high-spirited run to the 'ring, then laps as arranged. Return back to Spa for another overnight stay, then following day is all day round the Spa circuit before the long drive back.

this sounds just the ticket,how do you get one.the ring is a lifetime must do.could you provide a contact number/e mail address please
Hotshoes
Car number 193
hotshoes

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:05 pm

hotshoes wrote:

this sounds just the ticket,how do you get one.the ring is a lifetime must do.could you provide a contact number/e mail address please

here you go ... www.crossroads.subaru.co.uk

alternatively.. http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/
http://www.heiser.net/documents/nurburgring/#contents
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby danr55 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:32 pm

hotshoes wrote:

speak to Jon Mathers, I've been interested in joining in on one of these trips for ages. i think there may be one in april. if I have the car and the money I'll be there
danr55
Site Owner

Return to ALL Events