Login    Register

posers cruise ...

All events organised by the WR1OC, and other events that we are involved with

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
posers cruise ...

Postby Cold Turkey » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:24 pm

not organising one myself but curious to find out a bit more about the monthly posers cruise to Southend ?

guess I'm aiming this at you Gangsta !!

whats it all about then ? I've heard they're no fun anymore because of too much police attention ....
Cold Turkey

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:51 pm

Oh this is awesome. The orginal home of the cruise ... completely maxed with scoobs.

Basically we all meet up at a Tesco's carpark in Basildon, then convoy down the A127 into the far end of Southend Seafront. The A127 route takes about 25 mins and we do a nascar style side by side 50mph the whole way down. There is an underpass en route so you then get 50+ scoobs all giving it - the noise is sensational.

Once we get to the far end of the seafront we re-group then do a rolling 20mph line into the main seafront. At one of the meets we had nearly 70 scoobs - people just stopped what they were doing to look. Major major buzz. We get to this part at about 8:45pm so the front is rammed with people and we make such an entrance!!

Everyone then parks up - which during the summer can be a major hassle, but we have sorted it for next year. We all chat and look at the other cars driving around (normally a good few thousand on a Saturday night) and grab a bite to eat.

About 11ish most people nut of home but the hardcore go to the Lakeside illegal drag circuit - where you get the big boys (evo's, skylines, tvrs etc) all dragging up a quarter mile.

Top quality meet mate - next one is this weekend Saturday 2nd September - meeting at Basildon Tesco Car park (A127) at 7:30pm to leave for 8:00pm or just after
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Cold Turkey » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:42 pm

sounds kinda 8)

takes me back aswell.....used to head down to southend to cruise up n down the front about 15 yrs ago !! happy days :D

draggin ain't my cup of tea but it might be cool to watch .... I'll have a word with a few mates and if I can persuade anyone to come along I'll be there
Cold Turkey

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:31 pm

It is such a quality meet ... the best part is the first drive through - when people start realising that it's scoob night. Major buzz as everybody then starts showing off - flames, little sprints etc. Good fun!

I think there is already 30 people down for it this time. Usually 50+ but the cold weather sometimes deters people.

You'll be made welcome mate, as are any newbies to the meet. Tiny (the SIDC regional co-ordinator) will introduce you to everybody.
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:00 pm

One day ill come along, been saying i will for years !!

Got to be done.

Maybe in the near future we can get as many WR1s as possible to come along ?
Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:46 pm

We might have 3 or 4 there this week ... will be another class meet whatever happens
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Champagne Boy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:32 pm

Is it me or did you make a misstake! Gangsta :lol:
Champagne Boy

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:43 pm

Hes far to exited to notice :)

October ....

Gangsta is a real 100% push for the South End meets and i dont blame him
Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:47 am

lol yes Saturday 2nd October!!

I love this meet so much that when people ask me to talk about it I tend to get over excited!!

If you're new to the scene it is one of the best meets to come to because everyone will make you welcome ...
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:02 pm

Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:09 pm

Lol yes they hav finally realised that to control cruising you need to work with them instead of against them ... it only took 30 years!!

Mr Stephens had one or two things to do with this also. We are trying to arrange an SIDC club stand for the night - seeing as Scoobies basically own the seafront on the first saturday of every month!!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Cold Turkey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:12 pm

I'm a gonna be there 8)
Cold Turkey

Postby Sumo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:06 am

Sounds good to me , just a little too far to travel me thinks :cry:
Sumo

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:26 am

Will be good to have you there Cold Turkey ... I'm sure you'll recognise who I am ... will be donning my WR1 jacket!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:07 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:Will be good to have you there Cold Turkey ... I'm sure you'll recognise who I am ... will be donning my WR1 jacket!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

tell us more about the Jacket mate ?

as we need some WR1 owners club merchadice ;)
Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:18 pm

Jacket is the bomb!!!

Is essentially an Essex Scooby Crew winter jacket (which even in standard form is amazing value for money) with a fully embroidered WR1 logo and my user name on the chest. If WR1oc was up and running before I ordered it then I would have had www.wr1oc.co.uk put across the shoulders!

Although that will be on my Ski-ing hoody which I will wear with pride when I'm tearing up the slopes in Colorado in January!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Gangsta Smurf ... always flying the WR1 flag!!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:50 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:Jacket is the bomb!!!

Is essentially an Essex Scooby Crew winter jacket (which even in standard form is amazing value for money) with a fully embroidered WR1 logo and my user name on the chest. If WR1oc was up and running before I ordered it then I would have had www.wr1oc.co.uk put across the shoulders!

Although that will be on my Ski-ing hoody which I will wear with pride when I'm tearing up the slopes in Colorado in January!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Gangsta Smurf ... always flying the WR1 flag!!

good one mate !!!

ill have to have a word with Tiny then !
Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:09 pm

make sure it's a very brief word otherwise he'll get his catalogue out and you will end up spending a fortune!!!

the geezer is very good at selling you gear which you didn't intend on buying in the first place.

Whenever I see him its "Gangsta ... come and have a look at this, very bling bling"

.... end up ordering something I don't need every bl00dy time :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:09 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:
the geezer is very good at selling you gear which you didn't intend on buying in the first place.

LOL thats TINY for ya !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have a great ESSEX CREW polo shirt with my name on it, well pleased with it as i wear it to all the Scoobycity meets ;)
Brian

Postby Cold Turkey » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:42 pm

Gangsta,

Do I need any directions for Tesco @ Mayflower Retail Park ?

Is it literally on the A127 ?

Threw my bluetooth GPS receiver out the window in a fit of rage :evil:
bloody thing kept disconnecting on me....getting a Tom Tom Go :D
Cold Turkey

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:30 am

Turkey ... i will give you directions as if you are coming onto the A127 from the M25, i.e. right at the top!

1) Stay on the A127 and contine straight for aproximately 10/15 miles.
2) You will eventually come to a sort of half roundabout with a McDonalds on the Left and a BP on the right. You can't actually go round the roundabout, hence it being half a roundabout.
3) Continue straight through this.
4) If you keep going you will start to see buildings on your right hand side. Now start looking at the junctions.
5) The junction you need will read A130 Chemlsford. It is just after you see an industrial shopping estate on your right, with a McDonalds and KFC in close proximity to each other (this industrial site is where we all meet)
6) Bear left into this A130 turn off and stay in the right hand lane.
7) Go through all sets of lights and take the 4th Exit which will be signposted A127 London - you are now going back on yourself.
8.) Take the first left turning which will read Mayflower Estate.
9) Go straight over the roundabout - driving past the McDonalds (keeping it on your right hand side)
10) Follow this road round and you will see the Tesco's where we all meet, and you'll see all of us also!!!

Any probs feel free to call me - i'll pm you my mobile number.
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:04 pm

what ever you do dont go the the wrong Tesco as there are 2 !! ;)
Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:11 pm

Just found out that I now can't have my car back for tomorrow. Apparently they have found more problems on the final test drive.

Absolutely gutted!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will still be at this meet though for the entire evening!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby chris » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:39 pm

At least they spotted it so you won't collect it then have to take it back.

There's a lot of Maccey D's round there, the thought of them is making me hungry!
chris

Postby jaycee » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:01 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:Just found out that I now can't have my car back for tomorrow. Apparently they have found more problems on the final test drive.

Absolutely gutted!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will still be at this meet though for the entire evening!

Dude, you must've done some major damage!! :wink:

Jason
jaycee

Postby Flat Eric » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Cold Turkey wrote:Gangsta,

Do I need any directions for Tesco @ Mayflower Retail Park ?

Is it literally on the A127 ?

Threw my bluetooth GPS receiver out the window in a fit of rage :evil:
bloody thing kept disconnecting on me....getting a Tom Tom Go :D

Just to add to the Gangsta's detailed directions.

A picture paints a thousand words & all that. :wink:

And this is the addy for when you get your Tom Tom :-

MAYFLOWER RETAIL PARK
GARDINERS LINK
BASILDON
ESSEX
SS14 3HZ
Mark
Flat Eric

Postby Cold Turkey » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:18 am

cheers Mark although I did manage to find my way using Gangstas nearly correct instructions :wink: just sent me 1 turning too far but then I spotted a scoob and followed 'em :D

is there a cruise on the 6th Nov ? I'll probably be at a fireworks display ....

anyone going to the 'official' 13th November cruise ?
I was speaking to a trader down there at the last cruise and he said the organisation was rubbish - shutting off half the front to limit the cruising potential :shock:
Cold Turkey

Postby Flat Eric » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:32 pm

Yep there will be one on every 1st Saturday of the month right through the winter for the hard core :-

6 Nov They have fireworks near the front.

13 Nov We are supporting this first one & then we'll play it by ear as to whether we bother with the "official" one or not.

4 Dec We'll be getting toys & stuff gathered in for the "Santa Cruise" to the childrens hospice in Thundersley on 12 Dec.

1 Jan Hmm New Years day depends how hungover people are :shock:
Mark
Flat Eric

Return to ALL Events