Login    Register

NUMBER PLATE

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
NUMBER PLATE

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:24 pm

JUST BOUGHT A PLATE S800BSY!!! ANY ONE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE BOYZ IN BLUE WHEN THEY HAVE ALTERED THE "8" SO I CAN MAKE THE PLATE LOOK LIKE SCOOBSY? HOW FAR CAN YOU TAKE IT WHEN YOU BLANK OUT BITS OF NUMBERS?
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby D3ave » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:39 pm

I think it depends on what sort of day they have been having, OR if they want a reason to stop you then you have given it to them.

These number plate recognition camera vans (we have lots round here) would stop you EVERY time as they would not recognise it on their records.

D3ave
D3ave

Postby Brian » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:54 pm

If you have allready bought it mate, go for it.

I got pulled the other week as plod didnt like the Font as it was slanted slightly.

Had to take it to a MOT station with my normal Font number plate.
TO have a MOT inspection ( plate only) and pay a fiver (cash) for a stamp to send to ole bill.

Ole Bill who pulled me said he had seen me many times.

So moral of the story is, Give it a shot, you can only loose once.
Brian

Postby stijoy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:36 pm

:cry: on my sti8 had a 12inch by 3 inch plate on the front for 9 months before i got the dreaded pull 30 poorer and normal plate put back on, cant be bothered to put it on this one, i know it would look good but every time you see a cop you are worried about if they are going to pull you or not just not worth it for me, but hey you do what ever you want at least it does not carry points yet. :roll:
stijoy

Postby Chris B » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:40 pm

We got stopped twice for the stupidest thing. The spacing between the characters has been closed up in one place and nudged over about 1cm in another place. None of the numbers or letters have been altered and the font is larger than normal so there is no way anyone could misinterpret the reg.
Ironically, while I was being "interviewed" by the police the last time we got pulled over, Rosy counted 6 very dodgy plates go past, including one that was totally obscured by something hanging down in front of it, another that had been drastically altered to look like a name and one that was covered in mud so you couldn't read it.
I think it sometimes depends more on what car the plate is on, than the plate itself.
Chris B

number plates

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:31 am

oh well,
only one thing for it,lets give it a whirl :P ,and if it gets too much i can always put in on e-bay for a nice little returm!! :lol:

do you guys ever have any meets down south?be good to meet a few of you.

spike
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Return to General Scooby Chat