WR1 new model ???

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:02 pm

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=368920

new limited edition 05 ??

anyone know any more ?? pics ??
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:03 pm

quote EVO MAG

If you wan't spec C power, the PPP concersion (262 - 301bhp) will get you close enough, for a price of 28K. That's a keen price, no doubt set with the new Evo MRs in mind, and makes the overhyped WR1 look over priced.

Also in the read there is a quote.

No question, this is the frimest riding most hardcore Impreza ever to go on sale in the UK offically.

and EVO rating was four and a half out of five with

+ Crisp, responsive chassis, keen price

- Tyre noise (Bridgestone RE070s) and weave

Hope this helps
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:15 pm

Im sure we need Gangsta with a write up of all this please ;)
Brian

Postby Cold Turkey » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:24 pm

no new ltd edition - that was just a review of the 05 STi ... they then claim that with a PPP it would be better value than a WR1 :roll:

journalists have to have something to write about or they'd be out of jobs !

I've never used DCCD as an argument in favour of the WR1 - still haven't played with mine and the other reasons - special edition, wheels, ecu map, colour etc still carry so don't take the bait 8)
Cold Turkey

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:52 pm

the map on the WR1 is rather Special as i have asked a few peeps to Re map IT !!!!

Cant be done..... have been a few replies, as its a one off, far different from the sti 8 !!!
Brian

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:57 pm

I discussed it with some guys at work. Pointed out to them that the WR1 has an agressive map to give it the extra performance and power. the new STi with PPP is 28,995 so add another 1500 for the new map and it's other 30k in anycase.

I think it's good though that they have put all the best bits from the wr1 onto the new STi ... it should have been built like that from 1997 when the adjustable diff was first put on the cars.

We must remember though that the WR1 is a special edition brought out to commemorate Solberg's 2003 win. Only 500 were and will ever be made. The STi is a production car, if 750,000 cars are needed then they will build that many. There is no exclusivity in ownership.

I bought the car because it was a special edition and in my mind the best special that they have bought out, in terms of looks and performance extra's, to date.

The day they build an STi with 301bhp standard and a PPP to take it to 350bhp is the day that Scoobies will finally get in front of Evos. Doing all that to it and leaving it with 262 bhp standard is pointless IMHO. Even Vauxhall are building cars with more than that standard.

Come on IM give us something worth while as a production car!!!!!

<Gangsta's review :wink: :wink: :wink: >
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:05 pm

cheers gangasta, im on the case to the inside case i have at IM .. more info soon ;)
Brian

Return to General Scooby Chat