Login    Register

Roof vent

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Roof vent

Postby arthur1 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:02 pm

The previous owner fitted a roof vent I think I saw a topic on here about it and seen a pic but can find it it has a wire grille in it to match the front grille I'm getting the roof painted (slight rust at the top of the windscreen) the painter has asked me to try and find out if it has been screwed down in any way. it needs to be removed to paint the whole roof there's two stone chips on the roof it kinda looks like a car specific item I'm not technically minded to put up pics anyone any idea if the item is screwed down
arthur1

Re: Roof vent

Postby silver-sonic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:43 am

probably bonded. does it open into car or is there no hole in roof lining.? if hole through then probably bolted.
whatever , take if off and bin it! :D
silver-sonic

Postby arthur1 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:58 am

I got in contact with the previous owner he has told me that there is a screw in it behind the interior light so that's that cleared up. But I have be told it's hard to weld it as the roof skin may warp it wouldn't be my preference to keep it but I might have to. Thanks for the advice
arthur1

Postby silver-sonic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:14 am

brave man taking a drill to the roof of your one :shock:
silver-sonic

Postby paulscooby » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:40 pm

unbelievable what some people will do to a great car out the box , they need to be left alone including the wheels and color, covering driving lights
and putting scooby toys on rear shelf....oh well takes all sorts to make a world :(
paulscooby

Postby silver-sonic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:54 pm

paulscooby wrote:unbelievable what some people will do to a great car out the box , they need to be left alone including the wheels and color, covering driving lights
and putting scooby toys on rear shelf....oh well takes all sorts to make a world :(

my scooby doo dog on rear shelf is staying :D
silver-sonic

Postby WR1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 pm

paulscooby wrote:unbelievable what some people will do to a great car out the box , they need to be left alone including the wheels and color, covering driving lights

My fog covers are not for turning (fogs underneath) - looks more aero dynamic, which is ironic as the car is shaped like a brick.
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby paulscooby » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Drag coefficient on 2004 sti 0.33 cd compared to 0.32 for 2015 sti so not bad really , would rather have better lights myself, but found car
went better when stopped driving with arm out the window and took off beanie hat lol :D
paulscooby

Postby scoops » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:32 pm

silver-sonic wrote:brave man taking a drill to the roof of your one :shock:

drill it and watch the value drop on the car. they need to be left as standard as possible to keep there value if it ever comes for sale.
scoops

Return to General Scooby Chat