Login    Register

Front splitter

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Front splitter

Postby Woodysut » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi I'm looking to fit a front splitter to my 1 and does anyone have any tips on which is best to buy and what to avoid also how much I should be paying for one thanks
Woodysut

Re: Front splitter

Postby W1 KRB » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:51 pm

In debate as to whether to do this too, he autos seems to be a popular choice at around £110 but that's black and not carbon
W1 KRB

Postby WR1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:24 pm

I paid about £200 for a carbon one. I'm pretty carful with it TBH, I put some helicoptor tape on the underside and avoid sleeping police men. The stanced suspension set up makes it even closer to the deck. Even getting it off my drive I sometimes touch it. But it looks the bizzo, and finishes off the front end IMO. I think its probably the only acceptable exteior WR1 mod you can go with. I prefer the look of the carbon finish. I brought mine from fleabay but I think it came from a company called extreme carbon. I dont think the carbon one is as flexible to fit so the garage (which is a subaru specalist) had a real problem getting it on - in the end they called the manafacturer and got it sorted. People say that the carbon one is weaker / prone to cracking. I'm very happy with mine.

Photo not the best as its a bit dark:

Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby Woodysut » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:12 pm

If carbon is a little brittle then maybe I should go for plastic cos there are plenty of speed bumps where I live
Woodysut

Postby scoops » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:47 pm

HT auto's are a good choice, its what I have on mine
scoops

Postby D6ale » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:29 pm

HT autos one fitted to mine

WR1 #002
D6ale

Postby scoops » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Woodysut wrote:Hi I'm looking to fit a front splitter to my 1 and does anyone have any tips on which is best to buy and what to avoid also how much I should be paying for one thanks

Hiya pal, firstly get ya self onto the Facebook page for the wr1's... and secondly get a hit autos one...... I think the voucher code ht123 is still in use too
scoops

Return to General Scooby Chat