Login    Register
  • Author
to sell or not to sell!! thats is the question!!

Postby markwr1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:39 am

So.... A couple of weeks ago I had a mad moment and bought a new sti.

I have to say that I love the bloody thing. Its got buckets of Scooby power, cracking handling and is larger and like driving a more luxurious motor. U can actually hear the stereo!!! Lol

Given Tha the new sti is only a weekend/ play motor, do I sell the wr1??

I had planned to keep the 1. Keep it road legal for the odd blast and drive out on a nice day and guessed it would be a little investment and a way of keeping myself and the mrs spending the money in it!!!

I just don't know what to do!! I am going to drive it today, the first time since I bought the new one. I guess that will help mu heart and head decide!!!

Thoughts?!!!!
markwr1

Re: to sell or not to sell!! thats is the question!!

Postby BIG"E" » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:47 am

After your drive that should make up your mind

Which has the biggest grin factor??
BIG"E"

Postby Gary75 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:49 am

Firstly what's the new STI like to drive?

Your down on power with the new car so is it as quick as the WR, stupid question i know.....? I would have thought Subaru would have given the new STI more power to compete with the current market ie a 360bhp engine or go for the 400hp as fitted to the cosworth subaru.

If you can afford to keep the WR1 then keep it, but if the new car fills the gap then sell the bloody thing! they are so addictive :shock:
Gary75

Postby markwr1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:04 am

The new sti drives very well and it is very quick. Its speed is very deceptive because it is quieter and more comfortable.

The new sti is like being in a nice Audi but having the scoob power and handling.

The wr1 is like getting in 2004 rally car. Hence the reason we love them!!!

I don't need the cash out the 1. But say it cost 600/year to keep road legal, the increase in value has to be pretty good to keep her!! I cant see them ever being cossie value but to be fair modern cars aren't going to be like the 90s and early 2000 cars so will these scoobs be the last of the cars we consider true drivers classics?
markwr1

Postby WR1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:32 am

As you say I dont think they will go the way of the cozzie + the normal STIs go for well less than 10k. Probably 15k is the upper limit for a priv sale. I'd put it on Piston Heads @ 11.99 for 30days and just keep it out there until you get a serious buyer. @ 15k they will be pretty serious and you will instantly know if you want to keep it when you get the call. Are there any motor museums near you? Sometimes they will display owners cars, I think thats how Brooklands works but youve probebly got to have one with the right genre.

Will be gutting to watch someone else drive off in it.............
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Return to General Scooby Chat