Login    Register

traders strike again.

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
traders strike again.

Postby silver-sonic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:50 pm

see salfords car up for sale at traders in sheffield now. nearly 14k.
helps shore up the prices on ours!!
was a bargain , cant understand why it didnt sell.
if was closer was seriously interseted in a punt myself.
silver-sonic

Re: traders strike again.

Postby weirdfish » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:00 pm

As you say, it's all good for those who own them.
Personally I would always buy from an anthusiast rather than a dealer.
These cars are a little different to the norm and as such you're always going to be looking for a certain buyer to come along, sometimes people just haven't got the time to wait, hence why they end up with dealers.
Hope he didn't end up giving it away, I'm sure he didn't.
weirdfish

Postby W1 KRB » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:52 pm

It's on ebay now too
W1 KRB

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:11 pm

keep up the good work lads, selling your cars to traders getting rock bottom prices :wtf: why not just sell to webuyanycar.com! :wink: they would love to purchase your pride and joy :bang:

And a big thank you to the traders keeping the prices high......Enjoy your holidays on the profits you make. I look forward to selling my WR1 for top dollar....... :tumble:
Gary75

Postby S4lford » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Good luck getting top dollar for it Gary!!
Had it up for £11500 absolute time wasters(and it was a bargin at that)
Then £11000 still only 2k scooby drivers with no money who wanted to test drive.
Then £10800 only because I seen a van I wanted,the only interest I got was of trade offering 9k
They was told to fuc##ff.
Then out of the blue a trade offering me the £10800 with no knock down on price.
He came,looked,drove then transferred the money.
NO HASSEL
Fair play to him I say,£14000 it's worth it all day long,but and the big but here is people haven't got
Top dollar to spend on cars so finance is there only way.
If you can offer finance you will get big bucks if not Iam sorry to say it but you won't get what it's worth...

I was lucky I think not many trade giving that price for these cars plus had a shit load of car stuff to sell so
Got the money back I lost on the car in that sense.
Ps.. Don't sell,it is being missed already :cry:
S4lford

Postby silver-sonic » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:44 am

S4lford wrote:Good luck getting top dollar for it Gary!!
Had it up for £11500 absolute time wasters(and it was a bargin at that)
Then £11000 still only 2k scooby drivers with no money who wanted to test drive.
Then £10800 only because I seen a van I wanted,the only interest I got was of trade offering 9k
They was told to fuc##ff.
Then out of the blue a trade offering me the £10800 with no knock down on price.
He came,looked,drove then transferred the money.
NO HASSEL
Fair play to him I say,£14000 it's worth it all day long,but and the big but here is people haven't got
Top dollar to spend on cars so finance is there only way.
If you can offer finance you will get big bucks if not Iam sorry to say it but you won't get what it's worth...

I was lucky I think not many trade giving that price for these cars plus had a shit load of car stuff to sell so
Got the money back I lost on the car in that sense.
Ps.. Don't sell,it is being missed already :cry:
:thumb: :thumb:
was in same position with mine, but nobody was leaving my drive in passenger or drivers seat without readies produced!
so no test pilots.
we sell at prices that we can live with, not necessarily happy with , but if the car you have in mind is at the right price and right car it is all relative!
webuyany car etc offers silly book prices, circa 5.5k was quoted for mine iirc.and dont live in the real world of special editions.
part ex still have low values.
kt greens wanted my car and 9k to trade up to their wr1 with 12k on clock, yes its a mint example, but ended up selling to a trader for a grand more than i paid for mine 12 months previous and i kept a load of bits.
all to fund 273 that was already on my drive with 24000 miles on clock.
silver-sonic

Postby Gary75 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 am

Firstly you say people haven't got top dollar, so how is the dealer going sell at top dollar say £14000 :?:

I would rather purchase your car at say £11500 using a bank loan, than off the trader at £14000 using their finance company at some ridiculous % rate, if you can raise finance then go for a bank loan and purchase from you direct, F*ck the dealer...... :finger: that just dosent make sense, if people haven't got the money in the first place, why will they pay a trader the extra £3500 and interest on top for finance for a car they couldnt afford at £11500...... :cuckoo:

I understand that people need to sell for whatever reason, but it grieves me to think that you the owner have just lost that money to line the pockets of some greedy b*stard cashing in on your predicament, whether it be a a couple of hundred quid to a couple of thousand, its your money your proffit, your giving away... :!: I wish I was in a fiancial position to give that sort of money away....just because i wanted another car or something else i needed to do :cuckoo:

And yes, i will be selling my car at top dollar, traders most welcome but the price i sell will be the price you will pay or F*ck off, simples. There is, and always will be a buyer for everything. :thumb:
Gary75

Postby S4lford » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Agree on most of the things you say Gary but the car could of sat there for 6/12 months before the right buyer came along,like I said the car went that cheap because I found a van I wanted hence the sale.
People who can't get loans from the banks tend to get finance from garages because of the sky high interest which is daylight robbery.
If someone does buy the car on the finance on offer they will pay a massive £18500 for the car over 4 years.
I didn't make a loss on the car because that's what I paid for it,and to have it sat there waiting for the right buyer to come along would of cost me money in tax and insurance so then I would of been at a loss.
Yes I miss the car but time to enjoy the 4 kids I've got and my new van which I pick up on Saturday fingers crossed.
Maybe one day I will be back behind the wheel of a wr1 but it's time for a change, 10 years in scoobys is enough I think.
S4lford

traders strike again

Postby Alonzospiz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 pm

I am seriously excited for this Man...2014
Saki AND Strike Witches are returning among so many other amazing things

Such a great year for anime

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the best software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!
Alonzospiz

Return to General Scooby Chat